Page 133 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3383123126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,717 to 1,729 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    No Brian, as usual, you are shifting my point. I was referring to YOU!
    I don’t quote stats as though they are unquestionable facts like many here. I state opinion. But I will say that 80% of the time stats are used to mislead.

You guys like slogans. Take the one “speed kills”. It is absolutely true and absolutely false. Therefore it is absolutely irrelevant in a general sense. In specific instances it is true, but it is far more often false.

So take your pick when you want to repeat a slogan that is both true and false.

Why do you wear a seatbelt? keep a fire extinguisher in your house? have smoke detectors? you don't do any of those things BECAUSE you're going to need them, you do it in CASE you need it, when something bad happens. no different for arming yourself.

Exclamation History repeating itself

Obama is shameless, unapologetic, ruthless and unwavering in his quest for world domination. He can smell the opportunity to be King of the World and he is riding the prow of a great ship headed towards disaster.

The time has come for true American patriots to get involved in taking back their country or else we become slaves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What has all of this come to?
    I have lots of friends who a year ago- never even considered owning a gun. A couple had guns handed down by their fathers but now?
    They ALL want to own a gun & many have started the process.

I own lots of guns & a few black ones.
    They are all locked up except two.
    I don't need any new guns but lately I feel the urge to buy more.
    Mostly because someone is telling me I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by adbuerk View Post
    Why do you wear a seatbelt? keep a fire extinguisher in your house? have smoke detectors? you don't do any of those things BECAUSE you're going to need them, you do it in CASE you need it, when something bad happens. no different for arming yourself.
    Poor comparison. A seat belt, fire extinguisher and smoke detector do not do harm when they are used. A gun used by and untrained, adrenaline filled, tunnel visioned ccw holder can hurt those around him. He also has to safely get the draw on the assailant, aim correctly, know when to discharge, view the entire surrounding all while never having any experience or training in extremely high stress situations.

I’m sure stats would prove that ccw is far more to calm the nerves of the paranoid than it is to be used for defense.

PS – Aren’t you guys glad I come on here in the morning. It gives you someone to bash while I’m at work.

Most people are too effin stupid hearthman...look at who they elected for a second term. This is unfuggin believable!....this country is doomed when a marxist like this can become president and with people that would actually vote for this.

Your comparison with the 3rd reich is spot on!

Just read an article expecting welfare in this country to go up 80%...pisses me off to no end!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Where I live the gun shops have sold everything including ammo, mostly to first time buyers that would probably not have bought one. I and alot of others won't have to worry about ammo for many years to come. My wife and I enjoy going to the range so their is no such thing as too much ammo. Lets just say that myself and many others are somewhat prepared for possible bans.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Obama is shameless, unapologetic, ruthless and unwavering in his quest for world domination. He can smell the opportunity to be King of the World and he is riding the prow of a great ship headed towards disaster.

The time has come for true American patriots to get involved in taking back their country or else we become slaves.
    Paranoid much?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    The problem is the HOW the NY Legislature handled the entire process of Law.

This is a complete violation of constitutional rights.

What Dandy Andy did was hold "closed door meetings" and did not allow the process to work. He used a "Message of Necessity" (kinda like a Executive order) to ram this through. I suspect the closed door meeting were not about what he could pass, but rather what he could legally get away with. Something on the order of "Lets do it and ask permission later" or "it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission"

So it's done deal, If you want to get a screaming headache I can post the entire bill. Which will take you about 4 hours to get through. It's arbitrary, and confusing, parts make absolutely no sense but that is generally how NYS Government works....make a law so stupid no one can figure it out, but if you violate any part of it, NYS will just make stuff as we go.

But here are the Bullet points (pun intended)

1) all AR style weapons must be registered within one year ( I suspect by the end of NOBama's term, they will be confiscated right after the next mass shooting, which WILL happen. 9 of the last 10 mass shooting have happened since NObama has been elected---coincidence? I think not)
    2) all 20-30-and 40 round magazines are banned permanently
    3) 10 round mags are grandfathered if you own them before the law was enacted BUT you can only put 7 rounds in it (everyone can see how well that will work)
    4) all 10 magazine must be registered? (I have no idea how that will work, as no magazine has any numbers on them)
    5) all ammo sales must be face to face, no internet sales and all purchases must go through the NICS. (so everyone will go out of state to buy ammo, big deal)
    6) Kendras Law is expanded, (look it up)

and this one has everyone a little worried

7) all psychiatrists must report anyone they deem a **possible** hazard to themselves or to the public. (which is the exact opposite of what is needed, because now people will not seek treatment if they know they will be on a government mental health "list" ) the government just demonized the mentally ill. freaking idiots

There is about 30 more pages of BS in here but those are just SOME of the provisions.

I suspect NObama will announce today that some or all of NY law will be enacted on a Federal level.
    Somewhere in a different thread... Hearth posted this thought:

Out of kaos come power.

Seems to me BHO and his crowd are trying to produce as much kaos as they can.

The part about Kendra's law and #7 above is the opposite of what needs to be done.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Good luck out there J.......when they send you to jail or prison for your heinous crimes of possessing a firearm etc. in your home do take the time to use some of your "computer time" to check in to HTALK and let us know where your at so we can send you cigarettes and other contraband to keep Bubba at bay.
    thanx, I appreciate that......I think.

I have 13 months to sell my AR....out of state, But I think I'll sell it to my son in Texas
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post

I still think we need to define liberty... might stir a few to think beyond the emotional impulses being so carefully forced upon us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty

While I do not think this is a clear definition... it will do to start a conversation.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    thanx, I appreciate that......I think.

I have 13 months to sell my AR....out of state, But I think I'll sell it to my son in Texas
    How about 13 mos to move out of state...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 133 of 255 FirstFirst ... 3383123126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140143183233 ... LastLast