Page 132 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,704 to 1,716 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I know what you mean there, when we have fire, we throw them in. You know its going go bang, but when it does it still makes the heart pound. One one those things you just can not control.
    I've done that with CO2 cartridges and live rounds of .357 88grain bullets.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    With spray cans we get upto 20yard shot (if you know what I mean), how far do the bullets fly or do they not

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    With spray cans we get upto 20yard shot (if you know what I mean), how far do the bullets fly or do they not
    The bullets don't fly, they just blow apart from their shell, making the embers shoot up and out of th fire. The CO2 cartridges can scatter quite a bit of embers out of the fire.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I'd love to answer your questions but I have you on "manual ignore".
    ...and we're back to leading a horse to water...

OR, maybe it's reached the stage of

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

I remember dumping a box of bad handloads into a fire for the first time. Before I figured out that I could take them apart and salvage the components, that is.

It was a weird feeling. I dumped the box then thought "Are you STUPID?" and ran. Then you realize that the brass isn't strong enough to contain the pressure of the burning powder unless it is contained in a chamber.

"cook off" rounds are harmless unless you're standing right on top of them, then you might catch a bit of flying debris.

Aerosol cans are much worse, as are plain sealed soup or vegetable cans tossed into a fire.

Hmmmm.... I fiqured there would be a new york/cuomo thread by now....... Guess the new yorkers are still in shock and anyone who isnt actually a new york resident or a frequent visitor to new york doesnt really care about gun control....till it hits their back yard.....

Selfish Americans..... you shall reap as you have sown...... and it aint gonna be pretty.

Anyhow.... what pisses me off about cuomo and these other states saying they are going to enact this law or that law to protect gun owners is why in all these years have they let criminals and child abusers just run rampant over society..... If you can send someone to jail for having 8 rounds in a 10 round mag......cant you have some tougher sentancing on crime ???...... Cant you actually keep that violent child rapist in prison for life instead of 3 and 1/2 years ???

Nope.... they cant..or they wont... cause of taxes.... longer sentancing.....longer jail times..... crowds jails and prisons....makes us need more jails and prisons....increases taxes...... tax increases bad for pols....

With the gun and ammo laws they probably know its going to be everyday working slobs breaking these rules and they will probably just lay down some heavy monetary fines instead of jail time for these guys..... Got to keep those tax paying machines out working.....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

The problem is the HOW the NY Legislature handled the entire process of Law.

This is a complete violation of constitutional rights.

What Dandy Andy did was hold "closed door meetings" and did not allow the process to work. He used a "Message of Necessity" (kinda like a Executive order) to ram this through. I suspect the closed door meeting were not about what he could pass, but rather what he could legally get away with. Something on the order of "Lets do it and ask permission later" or "it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission"

So it's done deal, If you want to get a screaming headache I can post the entire bill. Which will take you about 4 hours to get through. It's arbitrary, and confusing, parts make absolutely no sense but that is generally how NYS Government works....make a law so stupid no one can figure it out, but if you violate any part of it, NYS will just make stuff as we go.

But here are the Bullet points (pun intended)

1) all AR style weapons must be registered within one year ( I suspect by the end of NOBama's term, they will be confiscated right after the next mass shooting, which WILL happen. 9 of the last 10 mass shooting have happened since NObama has been elected---coincidence? I think not)
    2) all 20-30-and 40 round magazines are banned permanently
    3) 10 round mags are grandfathered if you own them before the law was enacted BUT you can only put 7 rounds in it (everyone can see how well that will work)
    4) all 10 magazine must be registered? (I have no idea how that will work, as no magazine has any numbers on them)
    5) all ammo sales must be face to face, no internet sales and all purchases must go through the NICS. (so everyone will go out of state to buy ammo, big deal)
    6) Kendras Law is expanded, (look it up)

and this one has everyone a little worried

7) all psychiatrists must report anyone they deem a **possible** hazard to themselves or to the public. (which is the exact opposite of what is needed, because now people will not seek treatment if they know they will be on a government mental health "list" ) the government just demonized the mentally ill. freaking idiots

There is about 30 more pages of BS in here but those are just SOME of the provisions.

I suspect NObama will announce today that some or all of NY law will be enacted on a Federal level.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I kinda like this guys attitude
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

They have been talking percentages about pro guns and anti-guns. We know that all criminals do not have a record so my guess would be that alot of criminals are voting no guns. That would make their job safer and easier. So how can you fairly throw out those percentages?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    The problem is the HOW the NY Legislature handled the entire process of Law.

This is a complete violation of constitutional rights.

What Dandy Andy did was hold "closed door meetings" and did not allow the process to work. He used a "Message of Necessity" (kinda like a Executive order) to ram this through. I suspect the closed door meeting were not about what he could pass, but rather what he could legally get away with. Something on the order of "Lets do it and ask permission later" or "it's easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission" Unless the American Citizen put down the beer can and turn off ESPN this approach to legislation will continue to increase.

So it's done deal, If you want to get a screaming headache I can post the entire bill. Which will take you about 4 hours to get through. It's arbitrary, and confusing, parts make absolutely no sense but that is generally how NYS Government works....make a law so stupid no one can figure it out, but if you violate any part of it, NYS will just make stuff as we go.

But here are the Bullet points (pun intended)

1) all AR style weapons must be registered within one year ( I suspect by the end of NOBama's term, they will be confiscated right after the next mass shooting, which WILL happen. 9 of the last 10 mass shooting have happened since NObama has been elected---coincidence? I think not) As time goes I find myself becoming ever more suspicious of conspiracies. I can see that kid (and others) as being a government pawn to further an agenda.
    2) all 20-30-and 40 round magazines are banned permanently Yes, Dennis the drug dealer will be handing over his magazines (or clips as the ignorant sheep call them) Monday morning. You can give me all yours if you want Jmac; oh never mind, I don't own any of those nasty Assault weapons anyway.
    3) 10 round mags are grandfathered if you own them before the law was enacted BUT you can only put 7 rounds in it (everyone can see how well that will work) I guess before I go on my next mass murder spree I best get another magazine. Don't want to get busted for having too many rounds in there and end up with a fine or some added jail time.
    4) all 10 magazine must be registered? (I have no idea how that will work, as no magazine has any numbers on them) Take them down to your local ATF and they will embed a GPS micro chip in them and they can install one in your medication bottle at the same time. I'm sure you heard that they are wanting to do the latter there in NY?
    5) all ammo sales must be face to face, no internet sales and all purchases must go through the NICS. (so everyone will go out of state to buy ammo, big deal) Get it while you can. Soon they will figure it out that they missed it and close that loophole; just before they add border police with sniffing dogs to your borders.
    6) Kendras Law is expanded, (look it up) Perhaps latter.

and this one has everyone a little worried

7) all psychiatrists must report anyone they deem a **possible** hazard to themselves or to the public. (which is the exact opposite of what is needed, because now people will not seek treatment if they know they will be on a government mental health "list" ) the government just demonized the mentally ill. freaking idiots Anyone that feels the need to own a firearm is mentally unstable in such a safe place as NY, have you not thought things through?

There is about 30 more pages of BS in here but those are just SOME of the provisions.

I suspect NObama will announce today that some or all of NY law will be enacted on a Federal level.
    Good luck out there J.......when they send you to jail or prison for your heinous crimes of possessing a firearm etc. in your home do take the time to use some of your "computer time" to check in to HTALK and let us know where your at so we can send you cigarettes and other contraband to keep Bubba at bay.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    You remind me of that TV commercial that says something like 80% of all stats are made up on the spot!
    They are not made up. They are often incomplete and used to mislead.

Take this one for example:

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    …a firearm is used an estimated 6500 times PER DAY to prevent crime, 99% of the time, never firing a shot.
    Jmac threw it out and could not explain what it meant when asked. He liked the big number but could not tell us exactly what type of scenario it took to be included in the 6,500 number. It also states that 65 times per day shots are fired to avert a crime. That is 455 shots per week that are not being reported on our news or internet. Very, very unlikely and misleading stat.

Now that he is being called out he will rush through the internet in an attempt to understand what he said. But the shame is is that I’m the only one that wants it clarified. Gun nuts take the number and run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    They are not made up. They are often incomplete and used to mislead.

Take this one for example:

Jmac threw it out and could not explain what it meant when asked. He liked the big number but could not tell us exactly what type of scenario it took to be included in the 6,500 number. It also states that 65 times per day shots are fired to avert a crime. That is 455 shots per week that are not being reported on our news or internet. Very, very unlikely and misleading stat.

Now that he is being called out he will rush through the internet in an attempt to understand what he said. But the shame is is that I’m the only one that wants it clarified. Gun nuts take the number and run with it.
    No Brian, as usual, you are shifting my point. I was referring to YOU!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    ...alot of criminals are voting no guns. That would make their job safer and easier.
    What percentage of voters would use a gun to commit a violent act?

More bull fodder from the pro-gun side.

Page 132 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3282122125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139142182232 ... LastLast