Page 131 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3181121124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,703 of 3470
  1. #1691
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Well maate, now that you mention it I guess I actually do keep all of my guns locked when not in my presence. Security is relative to the situation.

    I can legally keep a loaded gun under my truck seat in Texas, do not ever, I keep it locked in the tool-box for the security of the gun to not be stolen. In my case, I do not go to or work in dangerous places. I have it if staying at a motel, staying with family or friends, or a roadside break-down. That gun is more for security of the truck/tools than me personally. Nobody wants me, but the truck/tools are very valuable.

    At my shop, I keep a gun in the desk unsecured. But the shop is locked and very secure. I honestly doubt a thief would ever find the gun because he would be too busy with all of the tools and supplies on the way. Not likely to ever be burglarized at this location.

    My home which is locked but not very secure at all I also keep a gun in the desk. But that is hidden in the desk. Actually the whole house is hidden. Very remote location. That gun is removed, as business reasons keep me away from home. I have a .22 rifle unsecured in plain sight behind a locked door and a 30.30 bolt action unsecured but hidden there.

    A gun safe would be pointless at home, impractical at the shop, and too large for my truck. Circumstantial. If I lived in an apartment with these guns, I would absolutely have a gun-safe. Many years ago I lived with a rather unstable woman, and at that time I did keep the ammunition locked up. Guns not locked or hidden, but unloaded.

    Bottom line... it is all circumstantial. In my case, I have no real use for a gun case because it is impractical for me. In my case, I have no need for a Concealed Carry Permit because it is impractical for me. My guns are secure, not the MAXIMUM secure, but secure enough. My guns are accessible, not the MAXIMUM accessible, but accessible enough. It is all a matter of personal judgement, and personal responsibility, which must be left to the freedom of the individual. This cannot be 'legislated'.
    This is, of course, the OTHER half of the gun security issue.

    A gun that is locked in the safe is next door to useless in a self-defense scenario, thus the trade-off between access and security.

  2. #1692
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Spell check is your friend.

    I believe it's called brandishing a weapon. I've never seen anyone do it. How many times have you witnessed it?
    Do you watch a lot of TV? Because that would explain a lot.
    Do you not think a need a brain check first???

    I have never seen it personally, but on the other hand, i have never been a position where my fear requires a gun. And i did come from Englands most violent city, should no stranger to biffo.

    I watch TV when i can, apart form sons of guns of which i enjoy, and the occasional Bruce movie, there is no mention guns in scientific programs and cricket.

  3. #1693
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I figure, keep feeding them facts, and eventually they'll go away.
    Facts don't seem to faze the true leftist. They know what they believe, and they don't want to be deterred by such conservative things like facts.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #1694
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah... Armageddon may be around the corner... given that self revelation... Might want to get right with God... things could change radically... <grin>
    UPDATE: I thought I was wrong, but I was just mistaken.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #1695
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    As it was just a bit of fun, and was not really related, I could not resist. But i am correct in the film Seven, at the end Jealousy was next to the last deadly sin. Ben was jealous, of Brad's family and killed his wife (sorry can not remember the fictional names)
    Oh, I get it. Your belief system is based on Hollywood fiction. I very much enjoyed "Seven", but I don't use movies as my main source of information. Michael Moore must be a god to you, especially seeing that you have no respect for those of us who have faith in that which we call God.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #1696
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Do you not think a need a brain check first???

    I have never seen it personally, but on the other hand, i have never been a position where my fear requires a gun. And i did come from Englands most violent city, should no stranger to biffo.

    I watch TV when i can, apart form sons of guns of which i enjoy, and the occasional Bruce movie, there is no mention guns in scientific programs and cricket.
    Being aware of your surroundings can prevent most problems before they start. It's called being in condition yellow. That, along with a sidearm in condition one, you can survive a long time without ever having to clear leather.

    Sons Of Guns,lots of drama staged for reality show entertainment in my opinion.

  7. #1697
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    My daddy was a pistol, so am I a son of a gun?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #1698
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Being aware of your surroundings can prevent most problems before they start. It's called being in condition yellow. That, along with a sidearm in condition one, you can survive a long time without ever having to clear leather.

    Sons Of Guns,lots of drama staged for reality show entertainment in my opinion.
    Agree

    Son of guns, is just entertainment, I do enjoy some of their engineering, I normally switch just before then, you seen one wooden prop blown up you seen a million wooden props blown up.

  9. #1699
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Agree

    Son of guns, is just entertainment, I do enjoy some of their engineering, I normally switch just before then, you seen one wooden prop blown up you seen a million wooden props blown up.
    Maybe so, but when you are the one blowing up the props, the fun just keeps on going. My wife saves spray paint and hairspray cans for me because they are so neat to watch when you first hit them.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #1700
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Oh, I get it. Your belief system is based on Hollywood fiction. I very much enjoyed "Seven", but I don't use movies as my main source of information. Michael Moore must be a god to you, especially seeing that you have no respect for those of us who have faith in that which we call God.
    Na, faith system based upon Coronation Street!

    Oh yes all my info comes from movies, Kermit for president!

    This should get the blood boiling, the only god I see, is the one in the mirror. For I can not lie to him, and he always knows what is in my heart. Sorry Mr Moore!

    respect, is earnt, and has nothing to do with faith. As you well know, I respect the right for all to have faith, So I had a little poke, but if you are judging me on this, read what you have said about Islam and Muslims, then judge yourself with the same standard.

    PS I know your just playing the game, I bow my head to the master. (But I am learning)

  11. #1701
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Maybe so, but when you are the one blowing up the props, the fun just keeps on going. My wife saves spray paint and hairspray cans for me because they are so neat to watch when you first hit them.
    I know what you mean there, when we have fire, we throw them in. You know its going go bang, but when it does it still makes the heart pound. One one those things you just can not control.

  12. #1702
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,268
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My daddy was a pistol, so am I a son of a gun?
    No Barbar, do not go there! ah.

    NO Comment

  13. #1703
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,962
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Na, faith system based upon Coronation Street!

    Oh yes all my info comes from movies, Kermit for president!

    This should get the blood boiling, the only god I see, is the one in the mirror. For I can not lie to him, and he always knows what is in my heart. Sorry Mr Moore!

    respect, is earnt, and has nothing to do with faith. As you well know, I respect the right for all to have faith, So I had a little poke, but if you are judging me on this, read what you have said about Islam and Muslims, then judge yourself with the same standard.

    PS I know your just playing the game, I bow my head to the master. (But I am learning)
    LOL! Yes, in a way I am just playing the game. I do however have a very strong faith in a spiritual Creator of the physical universe, of whom I believe we are all spiritually part of behind the facade of flesh and bone. So, when you say the see God when you look in the mirror, I can appreciate that.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 131 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3181121124125126127128129130131132133134135136137138141181231 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event