Page 126 of 255 FirstFirst ... 2676116119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,638 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    apparently not, this is very sad. Our politicians, that we entrusted with our rights has stabbed us in the back.

Cuomo specifically said in his state of the state address "I don't want to take your guns I own a shot gun, just "some of them"

Last night, he got almost ALL OF THEM.

You people need to stand your ground on a national level or you will be next. It is just a matter of time before Cuomo goes for confiscation
    Revisit my post above Jmac... there is an organization that will come to your defense... IMO the gun folks in the state of NY need to start this ball rolling.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    It would appear you still do not get it concerning gun ownership... this 'balanced view' stuff is irrelevant... "Shall not be infringed" is black and white... discussion is not necessary, view points are not necessary, intellectualism is just manipulation with education attached, balance is an excuse to take away rights... ALL of these are not in the Spirit of what the founders wrote. So in the context of gun ownership... they are all IRRELEVANT--end of discussion. Remember that phrase: Shall not be infringed... well it means just that... So what part of NO do you intellectuals not understand?

The problem with intellectual discussion: Is the allure all humans are subject to; the lust for power. The ones who are more gifted in the ways of debate... get a superiority complex... and attempt to heard around the less articulate speaker (whether public or private). I believe the founders were wise folks (some might also call then intellectuals); they attempted to put provisions into the founding documents to prevent intellectualism from 'rationalizing' removing freedom from day to day life in America.

So GA's position (and many others position) is: The founding documents are finite... they are to be interpreted in the spirit they were written, and they are NOT to be undermined... end of discussion.
    And folks who cannot handle putting themselves under that authority (usually corrupt and greedy polecats masking themselves as a variety of things... including high minded intellectuals)... well the doors to leave our country are open to them.
    Now for GA's opinion: It is somewhere between spoiled pride and arrogance to think one is above the law... yet if one were to take their rose colored glasses off they would see most polecats operates as though they do believe the law is for the commoners and not for them. The founders were quite clear the rule of law was to be exercised equally with no bias. Yet we have these so called 'learned' folks who think they are gonna change this? Seems to me those are the 'enemies domestic' of America.
    I think it is you do not understand, Robo does! You have laws in place that already do infringe on the ownership of weapons to some Americans,
    So clearly the "shall not be infringed" is not a finite statement or law.

Plus your wise forefathers also new that change was inevitable, and gave an allowance for change.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I think it is you do not understand, Robo does! You have laws in place that already do infringe on the ownership of weapons to some Americans,

Plus your wise forefathers also new that change was inevitable, and gave an allowance for change.
    Semantics here. What the others are saying is "law-abiding Americans". It is an interesting view though....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Come come now... a thinking person would know what is in the movies is fiction... regardless of how much effort is exhausted to make it appear real.
    And to think history is correctly related in the movies... well really now.

GA may have to rethink if he believes Barber is truly an intellectual... believing what is on the sliver screen is indeed not a sign of higher understanding and wisdom.
    I do not think you read what i wrote, I did say it was a movie and was fiction,

Revisit my post above Jmac... there is an organization that will come to your defense... IMO the gun folks in the state of NY need to start this ball rolling.
    the ball is rolling, nothing to do right now but wait. The NRA, SAF and the rest can't do anything til its an official law. So later tonight or early tomorrow morning we expect the Emperor to sign the bill.

Then the law suites start. This is going to be a very long, tedious process.

I would strongly suggest you people start calling, GET ON THE PHONE and call your Senators and Congressmen. Be respectful and tell them you do not support any infringement on your second amendment rights. Be brief, but respectful.

start today or you could be facing the same draconian BS we are.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

No, your statement is spin. The authority of the Constitution is not finite... it is all inclusive. It is the rebellious nature of a self-imposed intellectual (a way to put oneself on a pedestal) who thinks because of their self aggrandized sense of themselves... they have the right to tell others what to do. This is the curse of power... it corrupts... and everyone is subject to degrading themselves to thinking they have the right to rule.

That is the opposite of liberty and freedom dude... you have displayed you to not understand our founding documents. When you do... come back. Until then... your pseudo-intellectualism is just hot air to me. And we have more than an ample supply in our country... we do not need yours also.

Our founding fathers also understood certain things you intellectuals are refusing to admit... When you read and study and understand the founders and their documents (which are the supreme and FINAL law of the land)... we can continue this discussion if you choose.

For now, GA says the guy from down under does not understand and does not want to... so it is a waste of GA's time to debate with him.

Bye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Semantics here. What the others are saying is "law-abiding Americans". It is an interesting view though....
    I agree, you can not take a few words, without putting them in context. Over time yours and ours system and laws evolve around base principles, The fact is that todays society is different to what is was yesteryear, so laws need to be repealed or introduced to meet the changing society and the concerns of the society.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    the ball is rolling, nothing to do right now but wait. The NRA, SAF and the rest can't do anything til its an official law. So later tonight or early tomorrow morning we expect the Emperor to sign the bill.

Then the law suites start. This is going to be a very long, tedious process.

I would strongly suggest you people start calling, GET ON THE PHONE and call your Senators and Congressmen. Be respectful and tell them you do not support any infringement on your second amendment rights. Be brief, but respectful.

start today or you could be facing the same draconian BS we are.
    Already done... has been done... and will be done again in the future.

All one has to do to loose their freedom and liberty is nothing... Well GA is not gonna sit by... well he never did anyway.

Seriously... Get SAF involved... Call then to send a rep to your local gun club for a party... they will tell you what to do to support their campaign.

Then start a website other local gun clubs can go to... Organization is the way to get folks involved... it is what is needed to send the message. If we do nothing.... we deserve the results.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

No, your statement is spin. The authority of the Constitution is not finite... it is all inclusive. It is the rebellious nature of a self-imposed intellectual (a way to put oneself on a pedestal) who thinks because of their self aggrandized sense of themselves... they have the right to tell others what to do. This is the curse of power... it corrupts... and everyone is subject to degrading themselves to thinking they have the right to rule.

That is the opposite of liberty and freedom dude... you have displayed you to not understand our founding documents. When you do... come back. Until then... your pseudo-intellectualism is just hot air to me. And we have more than an ample supply in our country... we do not need yours also.

Our founding fathers also understood certain things you intellectuals are refusing to admit... When you read and study and understand the founders and their documents (which are the supreme and FINAL law of the land)... we can continue this discussion if you choose.

For now, GA says the guy from down under does not understand and does not want to... so it is a waste of GA's time to debate with him.

Bye.
    Have a a good evening.

I know very little about politics and don't pretend to but I find it pretty low when Obama has to surround himself with children when he gives his decision on guns. Like these children really understand what is going on. Is this how a president is suppose to act?

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    I know very little about politics and don't pretend to but I find it pretty low when Obama has to surround himself with children when he gives his decision on guns. Like these children really understand what is going on. Is this how a president is suppose to act?
    It is called 'managing public opinion' IMO a more accurate term would be manipulating public opinion)... and it is all BHO knows how to do. If one strips off the magic public speaking glow... and looks rationally (without emotion) at what the guy says and supports... he is as anti-american as anyone we have seen in modern politics. It is just the way he manages his image that makes folks naively follow.

I find less and less folks who are following along... your post seems to support my theory... IMO a good sign.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Have a a good evening.
    And if you are indeed in NZ... a good morning to you... you are what, about 12 hrs different than me... That would put you up in the wee hours of the morning just to argue on this forum.
    You must really have an agenda here... or perhaps this is not hailing from half way around the world?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    Yeah, politicians can be real tools. They all use props, some use people others use uniforms and the real interesting ones use codpieces.

Page 126 of 255 FirstFirst ... 2676116119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133136176226 ... LastLast