Page 124 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,600 to 1,612 of 2796
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    The one point I do not understand is the resistance to security of weapons, when not being used or in control.
    This is the point I’ve been driving at. They won’t say they oppose it because it would sound dumb, but they won’t get behind it either.

The stream of black market guns come from law abiding gun owners and a great deal of them do nothing to stop it. There needs to be a raising of awareness on the subject which is currently not happening.

The bigger question is, how do we secure people like you and make sure that your taking your meds ?
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    This is the point I’ve been driving at. They won’t say they oppose it because it would sound dumb, but they won’t get behind it either.

The stream of black market guns come from law abiding gun owners and a great deal of them do nothing to stop it. There needs to be a raising of awareness on the subject which is currently not happening.
    While locking guns up has merit, the fact is somebody is breaking the law when they take the guns. That is a point you fail to grasp. A law would have to be broken before somebody could STEAL the guns. So maybe we should actually arrest and punish our criminals?

And I will call Bullpuckey on your claim of black market guns coming from law abiding owners. That is unless you are referring to our government and their Fast and Furious program since the government can own guns and handed them over to criminals.

On top of that is the lack of mental health for these crazies. I believe all of the last 4 "cowards" were diagnosed at some point with a mental illness yet nothing or virutally nothing was done to protect society from them.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    The bigger question is, how do we secure people like you and make sure that your taking your meds ?
    Thanks for agreeing with me. Irresponsible gun owners take no responsibility for the black market or for their guns falling into the wrong hands.

It stems from the mindset that “guns don’t kill”. By saying that you’re also inferring that it is ok for gang members to possess guns right up until they use it to commit a crime. Then it still isn’t the gun, it’s the gang member. It’s as though the black market is no problem at all because they are just “inanimate objects”.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    While locking guns up has merit, the fact is somebody is breaking the law when they take the guns. That is a point you fail to grasp. A law would have to be broken before somebody could STEAL the guns. So maybe we should actually arrest and punish our criminals?
    Who cares if they break the law to get it? They got your gun and now it is on the black market to be used to kill or rob someone. Do you use that same argument about getting your wallet or a stack of cash stolen? NO. Because you will do what ever it takes to not get them stolen.

And I will call Bullpuckey on your claim of black market guns coming from law abiding owners. That is unless you are referring to our government and their Fast and Furious program since the government can own guns and handed them over to criminals.
    Do not point to the lowest common denominator to set our standards.

On top of that is the lack of mental health for these crazies. I believe all of the last 4 "cowards" were diagnosed at some point with a mental illness yet nothing or virtually nothing was done to protect society from them.
    Black market guns kill 100 times more people than crazies. But we can do better keeping guns out of the hands of crazies too, unless it is ok for crazies to have guns right up until they use it against us.

From what I am reading here and elsewhere keeping the guns out of the "crazies" hands is something most people agree with. What method shall we use? Currently there are many avenues for purchasing firearms that do not require a background check but some of the same people who want to keep the guns away from the crazies are totally against changing the laws.

Just a side note, in speaking to people who know nothing about gun regulation most that I have run across are not aware that a background check is not required for purchases made at gun shows. When given this information everyone I have talked to said they would consider changing the law as OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Who cares if they break the law to get it? They got your gun and now it is on the black market to be used to kill or rob someone. Do you use that same argument about getting your wallet or a stack of cash stolen? NO. Because you will do what ever it takes to not get them stolen.

Do not point to the lowest common denominator to set our standards.

Black market guns kill 100 times more people than crazies. But we can do better keeping guns out of the hands of crazies too, unless it is ok for crazies to have guns right up until they use it against us.
    Again with your magical stats. There is nothing to back up any of your claims as to where the guns are coming from. For all you know, they might be stolen from gun safes. Prove otherwise.

So you still don't have any problem with people breaking the law to begin with. Kind of like cutting your foot off since you keep stubbing your toe.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    From what I am reading here and elsewhere keeping the guns out of the "crazies" hands is something most people agree with. What method shall we use? Currently there are many avenues for purchasing firearms that do not require a background check but some of the same people who want to keep the guns away from the crazies are totally against changing the laws.

Just a side note, in speaking to people who know nothing about gun regulation most that I have run across are not aware that a background check is not required for purchases made at gun shows. When given this information everyone I have talked to said they would consider changing the law as OK.
    The gun show issue is the same as if Joe Snuffy sells me his shotgun. It's considered a private sale.

The gun show issue is the same as if Joe Snuffy sells me his shotgun. It's considered a private sale.
    Yes I am aware of that. I have sold stuff myself, but it was to people I knew for a long time and trusted. But how does Joe know if you or I are legally able to complete the purchase? Should he be responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Yes I am aware of that. I have sold stuff myself, but it was to people I knew for a long time and trusted. But how does Joe know if you or I are legally able to complete the purchase? Should he be responsible?
    That's the tough question. I'm like you and if I sold stuff it was to someone I knew for a long time.

Ah thank you, a spin doctor, do they get paid plenty?

I speak about you bit and pieces and ask a question, I can shot down down for asking, at the same time you are asking me to learn. Should I or any other believe, only one side of understanding, or attempt to find a balanced view.

I will study the document at some stage. the only problem i can see I do not live 200+odd years ago and I have insight of the pros and cons of modern real life.
    It would appear you still do not get it concerning gun ownership... this 'balanced view' stuff is irrelevant... "Shall not be infringed" is black and white... discussion is not necessary, view points are not necessary, intellectualism is just manipulation with education attached, balance is an excuse to take away rights... ALL of these are not in the Spirit of what the founders wrote. So in the context of gun ownership... they are all IRRELEVANT--end of discussion. Remember that phrase: Shall not be infringed... well it means just that... So what part of NO do you intellectuals not understand?

The problem with intellectual discussion: Is the allure all humans are subject to; the lust for power. The ones who are more gifted in the ways of debate... get a superiority complex... and attempt to heard around the less articulate speaker (whether public or private). I believe the founders were wise folks (some might also call then intellectuals); they attempted to put provisions into the founding documents to prevent intellectualism from 'rationalizing' removing freedom from day to day life in America.

So GA's position (and many others position) is: The founding documents are finite... they are to be interpreted in the spirit they were written, and they are NOT to be undermined... end of discussion.
    And folks who cannot handle putting themselves under that authority (usually corrupt and greedy polecats masking themselves as a variety of things... including high minded intellectuals)... well the doors to leave our country are open to them.
    Now for GA's opinion: It is somewhere between spoiled pride and arrogance to think one is above the law... yet if one were to take their rose colored glasses off they would see most polecats operates as though they do believe the law is for the commoners and not for them. The founders were quite clear the rule of law was to be exercised equally with no bias. Yet we have these so called 'learned' folks who think they are gonna change this? Seems to me those are the 'enemies domestic' of America.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Well it was in the movie with Brad Pitt. who version of fiction do you want to use.

So my accuracy stands. thank you!

Come come now... a thinking person would know what is in the movies is fiction... regardless of how much effort is exhausted to make it appear real.
    And to think history is correctly related in the movies... well really now.

GA may have to rethink if he believes Barber is truly an intellectual... believing what is on the sliver screen is indeed not a sign of higher understanding and wisdom.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Again with your magical stats.
    You pick on words to throw off the subject. I’ll take back “100 times”. How about many, many, many more times as much. Is that ok?

There is nothing to back up any of your claims as to where the guns are coming from. For all you know, they might be stolen from gun safes. Prove otherwise.
    We can use common sense to tell us where they come from. The internet does not replace common sense. Furthermore, stats are more often used to obscure rather than clarify.

So you still don't have any problem with people breaking the law to begin with.
    People breaking the law is an everyday occurrence. If you try to stop that before you bolt down your wallet, cash or guns you’ll be losing a lot of personal belongings.

Page 124 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131134174 ... LastLast