Page 117 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,509 to 1,521 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    …a firearm is used an estimated 6500 times PER DAY to prevent crime…
    If you include all the times people let up on the gas pedal when they see an armed black & white police car you could raise that number up to about 30 billion per day.

What exactly has to take place to be included in your 6,500 number?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Why your other gun advocate friends do not correct you on statements like this is very telling.
    Quite the opposite... They are outspoken... If I was wrong... they would tell me.

The silence is deafening...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    If you put people into a SHTF post-apocalyptic scenario, the first thing they will want more than water, shelter, food or a car out of there is a gun to protect them from the crazies. When you take away all the laws and all the law enforcement, the only law left is the law of survival. When you are in your home and an intruder breaks in or if you're walking in public and get mugged, for that moment, there are no laws that mean anything insofar as keeping you alive. You are past the point of laws of men and back to cave men. Mano-y-Mano. You ask any soldier when confronted with an enemy bent on killing him, what would his preference be:
    rather than hand to hand, pick up an implement of some kind: stick, rock, whatever is lying around
    if you can get your hands on a knife, hatchet, machete, sword or other manual weapon, you will
    if you can get a pistol, you will
    if you can get a rifle or shotgun, you will,
    if you can throw a grenade or lob a mortar round or fire a machine gun, you will
    if you can call in artillery, you will
    if you can call in an air strike, you will
    if you can nuke his country without harming you, you would be tempted.

The point is nobody plays Steven Seagall and drops a gun in order to "make it fair" fighting hand to hand. Neither does anyone sit back and let a bad guy shoot at you and your family or hold them at gun point if you can blow their heads off, reload and shoot again. When you get to the point of another human being attacking you physically or pointing a weapon at you, they are telling you they do not care about your life, their life or the laws of the land. Therefore, within that context and moment, why should you? You do whatever it takes to defeat that person or you die. When you're a woman hiding in an attic with two kids and the intruder opens the door, you will certainly wish you had a pistol with high capacity magazines rather than a revolver that makes him mad when you shoot him five times in the face and neck point blank. You would want to keep on shooting until his face is a puddle of goo. That's reality.
    A lot of talk about why we need guns but very little about how we can keep crazies from killing our kids with them. Seems the biggest interest here is in retaining the right to possess every gun imaginable and much less interest in reducing Newtown incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    ... If I was wrong... they would tell me.
    BULL.

TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE BULL!!!

How many times does it have to be stated that crazies are going to kill whether they have guns or not. These trolls who just ignore what they either don't want to hear or what doesn't fit their agenda to control other American citizens are quite deceitful persons who deserve to be publicly flogged, except they would probably enjoy it too much.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Brian lives in a fantasy world as do most liberals. They want to world to conform to their paradigm instead of facing the reality of the situation. A LOT of people are crazy Brian. Not all crazy people kill. A lot of killers were considered "sane" the day or even hours before they killed. No harbingers or precursors--they just snap. There is no test, whether psychiatric, blood, MRI or Star Trek that can predict who is going to go postal and who isn't. Give it up. Not possible. What is possible is the mis-diagnosis of many that results in destroying their lives and stripping them of their rights through junk science. Hippies are all about junk science because it is born out of trying to conform the world to them.

I think Brian has proven resoundingly he is here merely to provide flame bait and rile people up. I think it best everyone put him on "ignore". He will have company with a few others here.

A lot of talk about why we need guns but very little about how we can keep crazies from killing our kids with them. Seems the biggest interest here is in retaining the right to possess every gun imaginable and much less interest in reducing Newtown incidents.
    BULL.

TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE BULL!!!
    Feel free to take your ball and go home since you don't listen...
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

If you put people into a SHTF post-apocalyptic scenario, the first thing they will want more than water, shelter, food or a car out of there is a gun to protect them from the crazies. When you take away all the laws and all the law enforcement, the only law left is the law of survival. When you are in your home and an intruder breaks in or if you're walking in public and get mugged, for that moment, there are no laws that mean anything insofar as keeping you alive. You are past the point of laws of men and back to cave men. Mano-y-Mano. You ask any soldier when confronted with an enemy bent on killing him, what would his preference be:
    rather than hand to hand, pick up an implement of some kind: stick, rock, whatever is lying around
    if you can get your hands on a knife, hatchet, machete, sword or other manual weapon, you will
    if you can get a pistol, you will
    if you can get a rifle or shotgun, you will,
    if you can throw a grenade or lob a mortar round or fire a machine gun, you will
    if you can call in artillery, you will
    if you can call in an air strike, you will
    if you can nuke his country without harming you, you would be tempted.

The point is nobody plays Steven Seagall and drops a gun in order to "make it fair" fighting hand to hand. Neither does anyone sit back and let a bad guy shoot at you and your family or hold them at gun point if you can blow their heads off, reload and shoot again. When you get to the point of another human being attacking you physically or pointing a weapon at you, they are telling you they do not care about your life, their life or the laws of the land. Therefore, within that context and moment, why should you? You do whatever it takes to defeat that person or you die. When you're a woman hiding in an attic with two kids and the intruder opens the door, you will certainly wish you had a pistol with high capacity magazines rather than a revolver that makes him mad when you shoot him five times in the face and neck point blank. You would want to keep on shooting until his face is a puddle of goo. That's reality.
    Excellent post! I may 'acquire it' and use it...

Now IMO a utopian world would be where the immature and 'fraidy-cat' liberals would experience the last paragraph above.

Hey Brian... you ever been in a situation like this?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Brian lives in a fantasy world as do most liberals. They want to world to conform to their paradigm instead of facing the reality of the situation. A LOT of people are crazy Brian. Not all crazy people kill. A lot of killers were considered "sane" the day or even hours before they killed. No harbingers or precursors--they just snap. There is no test, whether psychiatric, blood, MRI or Star Trek that can predict who is going to go postal and who isn't. Give it up. Not possible. What is possible is the mis-diagnosis of many that results in destroying their lives and stripping them of their rights through junk science. Hippies are all about junk science because it is born out of trying to conform the world to them.

I think Brian has proven resoundingly he is here merely to provide flame bait and rile people up. I think it best everyone put him on "ignore". He will have company with a few others here.
    I think you are right Hearth... time to add Brian to the list of folks who are not here to learn... rather to instigate.

SOOO: Byb-bye Brian... you are on GA's ignore list. However take heart... you have now joined a list of esteemed irritants; Geer, Corny, Ace, McJo, and a few others. Enjoy your new group...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Hippies are all about junk science because it is born out of trying to conform the world to them
    I don't think it's junk science. Seems to be common sense. If you have more guns in society, there will be more gun crimes. I think there is a direct correlation.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Quote Originally Posted by air1 View Post
    I don't think it's junk science. Seems to be common sense. If you have more guns in society, there will be more gun crimes. I think there is a direct correlation.
    IMO that kind of thinking is junk science.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I'm borrowing this from 2sac from his Pro Pub thread:

So, is this "assault with a deadly weapon" and needs some form of "gun" control or is it "assault with a dead weapon" and needs some Rx?

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/337602

Obviously, this weapon would have been classified as a "long arm". ;-)

If you include all the times people let up on the gas pedal when they see an armed black & white police car you could raise that number up to about 30 billion per day.

What exactly has to take place to be included in your 6,500 number?
    This is the intellectually bankrupt rhetoric we need to defend against.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Page 117 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1767107110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124127167217 ... LastLast