Page 113 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,457 to 1,469 of 3474
    I wouldnt wear cowboy clothes or cowboy boots either..... I prefer walking shoes, jeans and a nice shirt......a normal shirt..... but I would have spurs....cause they are cool..... and Id have heel taps on my shoes.... Might need suspenders too.... cause I feel a gun belt of the kind I am imagining might be prone to dragging my britches down.....

It would be funny to walk into somewhere nice...with a nice floor.....and they hear those heel taps...and they see the marks you are putting into their floor....and someone comes up to you and starts nagging you about your shoe taps..... and then you take your hands like they did in the westerns and just put yourself into that stance with your hands right above the gun grips.......lol

I bet they would forget about that floor real quick......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    When I was walking out in public Id also have some sort of loud stereo system with me....like a boom box that played that song by guns and roses about the cowboy on his steel horse..... I dont know the name of the song....but Ive heard it several times and it seems like it would make a nice theme song for me walking down the street in my gunfighter gear.
    Yes, we can all picture you and your posse, sashaying down the block.

When I was walking out in public Id also have some sort of loud stereo system with me....like a boom box that played that song by guns and roses about the cowboy on his steel horse..... I dont know the name of the song....but Ive heard it several times and it seems like it would make a nice theme song for me walking down the street in my gunfighter gear.
    I think you are referring to the Bon Jovi song "Dead or alive". I didn't mean to interfere with your roll. Kinda like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    American's rights are not BS. We Americans take our rights of freedom very seriously. We don't expect those who have never had the same rights to understand.
    It is right to bear arms, I am no even saying ban arms or this right is BS, only some of the points made are BS.
    In all but a couple of different laws ( I am not allowed to carry a side arms, but i am allowed to own many guns), I have the same rights, if not greater rights.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Sorry, I disagree and feel that most cops..not all, have inadequate training and are out of shape. Also, the ranges I attend have very few police officers honing their abilities.
    While I agree that many officers are out of shape, that really doesn't influence their firearm proficiency. Yes, it can lead to other issues, but you stated above that you consider most cops to be novice shooters, which is hard to corroborate from anecdotal incidents. I'm not sure how you arrived at this conclusion, whether is was during your time as an officer or later, but perhaps your county was extremely lax in officer training? Were you in a rural area perhaps? One with more relaxed requirements?

BTW, I was a cop (sheriffs deputy) and have a degree in law enforcement.
    Why did you leave?

To put it mildly, if the training were proper, half the cops wouldn't be cops. I saw many that couldn't even get over a simple chain link fence.
    Again, no argument there. There is a lot of very out of shape officers on the road, many of which got that way over decades of road time.

I wouldnt wear cowboy clothes or cowboy boots either..... I prefer walking shoes, jeans and a nice shirt......a normal shirt..... but I would have spurs....cause they are cool..... and Id have heel taps on my shoes.... Might need suspenders too.... cause I feel a gun belt of the kind I am imagining might be prone to dragging my britches down.....

It would be funny to walk into somewhere nice...with a nice floor.....and they hear those heel taps...and they see the marks you are putting into their floor....and someone comes up to you and starts nagging you about your shoe taps..... and then you take your hands like they did in the westerns and just put yourself into that stance with your hands right above the gun grips.......lol

I bet they would forget about that floor real quick......
    any of you guys speak BS or Crackhead, I could use a translator here.
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    If you put Corny up to your ear you can hear the ocean...

This is the closest I can do

BrainedGC speaks both languages but can't translate.
    I think Corny has multiple personalities and BrianGC is just one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    BrainedGC speaks both languages but can't translate.
    I think Corny has multiple personalities and BrianGC is just one of them.
    good point, you maybe right.

False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
    -- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner.
    -- Report of the Subcommittee On The Constitution of the Committee On
    The Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, second session
    (February, 1982), SuDoc# Y4.J 89/2: Ar 5/5

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner.
    -- Report of the Subcommittee On The Constitution of the Committee On
    The Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, second session
    (February, 1982), SuDoc# Y4.J 89/2: Ar 5/5
    No disagreement here. But there are limitations. "Well regulated" meaning "trained", and the type of arm being "in common use at the time", how do we make sure gun owners are trained and what type of weapons are acceptable?
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Page 113 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1363103106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120123163213 ... LastLast