Page 112 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,444 to 1,456 of 3305
    What Byron doesn't understand also is that many citizens are better trained than the police. I consider the average cop a novice when it comes to shooting anything IMO.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Gonna be 75 degrees out today....... 49 is the high for tomorrow.....unless you are a pill head......lol

Anyhow..... The thing I miss most about cold weather is not being able to pack a gun...... I dont believe in small caliber autos..... and I like to keep my shirt tail tucked in..... so really....open carry is about the only way for me in warmer weather....

Man bag might work..... but then there is the problem of people assuming you are a homsexual because of your man bag.....

Im just wondering ho some of the self professed tough guys on here...... (armchair pistoleros) handle carrying their manhood around in hot weather..

Do you guys just stay inside during warm weather....backed into a corner of your home with a weapon aimed at the door..... do you carry some kind of fancy manbag...... shirtail or your gut hiding a gun in the waistband .....

I need to check into the open carry laws of tennessee..... If I could Id wear a gun belt with a couple of nice S@W double actions and I would have the holsters and the belt engraved.....and Id have some cartridge loops.....for looks....and a couple of loops in it to hold a couple of speedloaders.....

Id also have some spurs made up for my shoes..... gonna wear a fancy gun rig like I am imagining....might as well have the spurs to go with it.
    Living proof the war on drugs is a lost cause. Put the crack pipe down and step back
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

The 49 is the high for tomorrow....unless you are a pill head was a good one..... Im gonna start using that off the net today....

Gotta go out again here in a short bit..... wow em at the cvs and the shell station...
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Worth Watching

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    What Byron doesn't understand also is that many citizens are better trained than the police. I consider the average cop a novice when it comes to shooting anything IMO.
    I take it that you have not been witness to the semi-annual qualification shooting that most LEO's must pass? It's not just target practice. They engage in quick draw training, simulated home breach and entry, armed assailant maneuvers and several other "on the go" tactics. I'm not sure why you would have this opinion of LEO's, but if you're judging them based on anything that you see on the road, or worse yet, from the movies, then I can assure you that your opinion is lacking factual substance. The stories about officers going an entire career without ever shooting someone doesn't mean that they haven't been adequately skilled in the use of that weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I wouldn't go this far. The average cop is serious about their chosen profession and keeps in practice with their tools of the trade. That DEA agent was just an outright idiot for ever having taken a weapon with live rounds into a school in the first place. For what purpose could there possibly be for having a live round in that setting?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

There is quite a lot of BS given from both sides.
    Is there an issue yes or no, if not, do not make a change, but if that were the case why need a gun other than pure pleasure purposes.
    If yes some then some changes need to be made, can someone a guarantee a result, "no",
    It is very clear that there is no definitive (or near definitive) answer regarding violence with or without guns. In fact is more than likely a small factor in general societal issues
    If your in control of your gun (including under your pillow), why should it be locked up, if you are not in control, then it should be.
    Training as a method only is also BS (being trained does not make a good marksman or responsible) , surely it is proficiency, so to own a gun you should be regularly tested for proficiency , for the type of gun you wish to own and use. To achieve training may assist. Surely being proficient, will also give you more genuine personal protection. which one of the major arguments.
    Come on guys, you who say you need your arms to protect against foreign invaders, today could you imagine, 5 million, commies, non christians or who ever , sneaking to your borders, undetected, and when detected you superior armed forces , not being able to be repelled. More BS

I got a giggle out of the gals at the shell station...... didnt use it in cvs......

Gonna be working it in for a while......
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonderbach View Post
    I take it that you have not been witness to the semi-annual qualification shooting that most LEO's must pass? It's not just target practice. They engage in quick draw training, simulated home breach and entry, armed assailant maneuvers and several other "on the go" tactics. I'm not sure why you would have this opinion of LEO's, but if you're judging them based on anything that you see on the road, or worse yet, from the movies, then I can assure you that your opinion is lacking factual substance. The stories about officers going an entire career without ever shooting someone doesn't mean that they haven't been adequately skilled in the use of that weapon.
    Sorry, I disagree and feel that most cops..not all, have inadequate training and are out of shape. Also, the ranges I attend have very few police officers honing their abilities.
    BTW, I was a cop (sheriffs deputy) and have a degree in law enforcement.

To put it mildly, if the training were proper, half the cops wouldn't be cops. I saw many that couldn't even get over a simple chain link fence.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Come on guys, you who say you need your arms to protect against foreign invaders, today could you imagine, 5 million, commies, non christians or who ever , sneaking to your borders, undetected, and when detected you superior armed forces , not being able to be repelled. More BS
    The above is my biggest problem with the cc people....... they always throw out that 2nd amendment bullsh*t..... yes, I said 2nd amendment bullsh*t........... when 1. The likelyhood of american citizens ever having to take on their own government or an invading army from abroad is just non existent.......and 2. The likelihood of the armed citizens of america being able to organize themselves and defeat either a US government and army run amok or an invading professional army are again..... zero.

We have a standing army and the militia of the 2nd amendment was replaced by the national guard in 1903.....

I also believe that if american citizens were forced to fight..... they would first come up with a million reasons not to fight.....or they would just high tail it to the woods to wait the whole thing out.

Americans are now into this doomsday prepper stuff.... just do some googling...... nothing about organizing and fighting an uprising......its all about everyman high tailing it into a hole in the ground and just fending for himself till its all over.......lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Living proof the war on drugs is a lost cause. Put the crack pipe down and step back
    When I was walking out in public Id also have some sort of loud stereo system with me....like a boom box that played that song by guns and roses about the cowboy on his steel horse..... I dont know the name of the song....but Ive heard it several times and it seems like it would make a nice theme song for me walking down the street in my gunfighter gear.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    There is quite a lot of BS given from both sides.
    Is there an issue yes or no, if not, do not make a change, but if that were the case why need a gun other than pure pleasure purposes.
    If yes some then some changes need to be made, can someone a guarantee a result, "no",
    It is very clear that there is no definitive (or near definitive) answer regarding violence with or without guns. In fact is more than likely a small factor in general societal issues
    If your in control of your gun (including under your pillow), why should it be locked up, if you are not in control, then it should be.
    Training as a method only is also BS (being trained does not make a good marksman or responsible) , surely it is proficiency, so to own a gun you should be regularly tested for proficiency , for the type of gun you wish to own and use. To achieve training may assist. Surely being proficient, will also give you more genuine personal protection. which one of the major arguments.
    American's rights are not BS. We Americans take our rights of freedom very seriously. We don't expect those who have never had the same rights to understand.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 112 of 255 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122162212 ... LastLast