Page 11 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161111 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 3305
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Yeah... listening to hot air is amusing...

    Ya know... I think I finally figured out something about libs: The reason they are so excited about global warming is they know it is all the hot air they produce... and are trying to blame it on someone else.

    Now to answer McJo's question... If there was any material worth discussing being presented... then yeah I would get involved. Until the material being presented has any real content worth looking at... well the answer is no. So here is an offer libs: Show me a solution that WILL WORK (verifiable historical record)... then there is basis for discussion.
    Thats ok

    I am sure you would just find some pass along email to dispute any such claims.

    Now go back to your hiding spot.

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,026
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    OK

    So is it alright if I don't go pound sand, turn in my gun nazi card, and take a class to help me not be dumber then a door nob.

    I understand that it can be a touchy subject and you have a right to your opinion.

    Got sort of personal there Tool.

    But you know I still like you.
    Understood MC. I like you personally too, but we flatly disagree on this topic.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Understood MC. I like you personally too, but we flatly disagree on this topic.
    Thats ok

    I'm sure it won't be the last time.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,752
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ors_picks=true


    To all the gun show promoters and FFL dealers across America,Joe Bama is the best thing to come around since King George III.
    The sad thing about this is that people will line up and complain about being price gouged but they will sign that check or hand over that card or cash to get their stuff.

    I read a week or so ago about someone getting 4 grand for an ar-15 type gun........ I pity the fool who paid that much for a gun.

    And of course the news is full of stories of people paying two to three time the normal retail price for guns ammo and mags.

    Its just sad.

    I dont think Bams and Co. will come up with any sort of ban in the next year....and about springtime the gun prices will have fallen again and there are going to be a lot of people out there who just paid too much.

    The only good thing about this new rush on guns is that the guys who went out and blew their cash on overpriced guns when Obama got elected to his first term might be able to get their money back out of those guns now.....lol That is unless over the last 4 years they got hard up for cash and had to sell them at "normal" prices.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  5. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    The sad thing about this is that people will line up and complain about being price gouged but they will sign that check or hand over that card or cash to get their stuff.

    I read a week or so ago about someone getting 4 grand for an ar-15 type gun........ I pity the fool who paid that much for a gun.

    And of course the news is full of stories of people paying two to three time the normal retail price for guns ammo and mags.

    Its just sad.

    I dont think Bams and Co. will come up with any sort of ban in the next year....and about springtime the gun prices will have fallen again and there are going to be a lot of people out there who just paid too much.

    The only good thing about this new rush on guns is that the guys who went out and blew their cash on overpriced guns when Obama got elected to his first term might be able to get their money back out of those guns now.....lol That is unless over the last 4 years they got hard up for cash and had to sell them at "normal" prices.
    You're right people were chumps and taken to the cleaners.
    I went there for specific small things like powder,recoil springs.
    Ended up talking to FFL dealers who were lawyers,teachers,veterans,gunsmiths.
    The results were it was a zoo there the day before with people backed out the doors waiting to get in.
    Wannabees who wanted a gun that looks like what the SEALs used.

    But here is the kicker nearly all of them stated to me that a compromise on the NRA's part is the order of the day.
    FEN

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    emerald city, sc
    Posts
    1,469
    i own a collection of guns for different reasons. some i hunt with. some i target practice with, and some i use for personal protection. i use the ar15 for both hunting and target shooting. it makes an excellent coyote gun. we have become over run with these pest. not only are they killing deer. they are killing livestock and pets. at night when i get ready to come down from my deer stand. it's nothing for me to hear 15 to 20 coyotes howling around me. i want more than a 4 shot bolt action rifle for that walk back to the truck.
    i wanted to put a picture here

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,941
    Without reading other than the first page of posts, my reason for owning guns is simple; because I want to and as an American, I should be free to do whatever I want that does not directly infringe on the rights or freedoms of other Americans.

    I do enjoy shooting. Since I can shoot in my backyard, I am able to target shoot when ever I want to. I can also shoot at any type of target I want to without being restricted to non-human looking targets as is the case in some shooting ranges.

    This brings up another function of my owning guns; personal protection. I have drawn a gun twice on other civilians in order to calm down situations that were out of control, so I am two to none in benefits for owning guns. I am often away from home with business and like the idea that my wife has a .357 with her when I am gone. The drill we practice is for her to roll out of bed to between the bed and a wall if she hears an intruder. From that position, she has a clear view of our bedroom door as well as the protection of the bed. If anyone walks through that door...she shoots.

    Both my wife and I also have carry permits. I carry when ever I am on the road. People intent on doing bad things to others always look for soft targets. I will never be a soft target. Even if someone gets the drop on me and steals from me after knocking me down, I like knowing that I may be able to shoot them as they run away and take back my belongings along with whatever they have worth taking to make up for the inconvenience of my having to kill them.

    So, that's about it for my reasons. And yes; if every kid has a rock, there is less chance that any one of them is going to throw theirs at anyone first. We humans tend to be nicer when we fear reprisal for not being nice.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    tip of the mitt
    Posts
    1,974
    I grew up around firearms. My grandfather was a gunsmith. As a youngster I took my fathers 50-110 winchester to school for show and tell. I've spent my life shooting, modifying and building firearms. I have no doubts that I can build a assault weapon with hand tools. I have a ccw permit but don't carry much. I got it mainly for carrying a handgun under my coat while snowshoeing or otherwise woods running, no gray areas for me. I don't understand the anti-gunners, it is a thought process that is completely foreign to me.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,752
    Anti gunners dont like guns..... its as simple as that...... While you may have a passion for guns those anti gun people have an equal amount of passion for a gun free society.....

    I know a guy right now who will absolutely freak out if you even attempt to show him a gun..... Im not word smithing either..... this boy will freak out to the point of threatening to become violent....lol.... If you dont put the gun away.

    A few more shootings and these folks might just get their way...... polls I have been reading are showing more and more people who dont have a problem with restrictions on the types of guns we can own.... and from there it is just a step or two till they just decide to round them all up and turn them into steel for the chinaman.

    While I dont want my guns rounded up..... I dont have any problems with the government restricting the sale of certain types of guns or gun accessories in the future..... I got mine, dont need anymore.... and from what I have seen of responsible gun owners both in the real world and on this forum.....I believe the country would be a lot safer with less guns.

    I sure dont want to be in the mall when a ccw person decides to fire on a criminal or maniac shooter and decides that he is going to just poke his gun around a corner and start firing.....or start running like a scared little kid and firing his weapon behind him...... just spraying lead and possibly killing innocent people.

    Thats how I believe the majority of ccw people would handle that situation....if they even bothered to stick around....which...from what we have seen at various shootings around the country the ccw people who are usually all over the place...seem to be suspiciously absent when it comes down to actually using their weapon to do anything positive with.

    They probably wish they were not carrying at all because they could run faster without the added weight.......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,563
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Anti gunners dont like guns..... its as simple as that...... While you may have a passion for guns those anti gun people have an equal amount of passion for a gun free society.....

    I know a guy right now who will absolutely freak out if you even attempt to show him a gun..... Im not word smithing either..... this boy will freak out to the point of threatening to become violent....lol.... If you dont put the gun away.

    A few more shootings and these folks might just get their way...... polls I have been reading are showing more and more people who dont have a problem with restrictions on the types of guns we can own.... and from there it is just a step or two till they just decide to round them all up and turn them into steel for the chinaman.

    While I dont want my guns rounded up..... I dont have any problems with the government restricting the sale of certain types of guns or gun accessories in the future..... I got mine, dont need anymore.... and from what I have seen of responsible gun owners both in the real world and on this forum.....I believe the country would be a lot safer with less guns.

    I sure dont want to be in the mall when a ccw person decides to fire on a criminal or maniac shooter and decides that he is going to just poke his gun around a corner and start firing.....or start running like a scared little kid and firing his weapon behind him...... just spraying lead and possibly killing innocent people.

    Thats how I believe the majority of ccw people would handle that situation....if they even bothered to stick around....which...from what we have seen at various shootings around the country the ccw people who are usually all over the place...seem to be suspiciously absent when it comes down to actually using their weapon to do anything positive with.

    They probably wish they were not carrying at all because they could run faster without the added weight.......
    Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago.

    I bought a gun magazine. Tossed it on the belt at the grocery store along with my lunch.

    The cashier almost crapped her pants when she flipped it over and saw the cover photo. She threw the magazine down and had to take a minute to collect herself before she could complete ringing up my order.

    If she only knew that I had a pistol strapped on my belt.....


    Your assessment of people, corny, is an OPINION.

    Here's a fact for ya. These shootings tend to happen in Gun Free zones. In fact, all but ONE have taken place in Gun Free zones.

    That means that legal and lawful CCW holders are not permitted to carry there.

  11. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago.

    I bought a gun magazine. Tossed it on the belt at the grocery store along with my lunch.

    The cashier almost crapped her pants when she flipped it over and saw the cover photo. She threw the magazine down and had to take a minute to collect herself before she could complete ringing up my order.

    If she only knew that I had a pistol strapped on my belt.....


    Your assessment of people, corny, is an OPINION.

    Here's a fact for ya. These shootings tend to happen in Gun Free zones. In fact, all but ONE have taken place in Gun Free zones.

    That means that legal and lawful CCW holders are not permitted to carry there.
    I think as a American citizen you should be allowed to purchase and carry ANY gun you want.

    But to purchase a semi automatic weapon you should at least need to go thru the similar training and background you do to get a concealed carry type permit to purchase it.

    It is a small compromise to help make certain these types of weapons remain in the hands of responsible gun owners.

    I really don't understand why anyone would have a viable reason to not agree with this.

    You may all contend that it will do nothing and this may indeed be true but it is a reasonable idea that my bring both gun owners and gun banners to a middle ground where both can say they agree and say they both gave or got something to try to stop even one of these tragic shootings.

    And if it saves one single life that is reason enough for me.

  12. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,752
    Ive heard and known many people say that they carry in gun free zones.... even that boy up in oregon who said he drew down on that mall shooter said he was carrying in the mall...which was a gun free zone....

    But of course...we dont know if he was carrying or not..... Nobody....not even his gal pal will back up his story that he pulled a pistol out and aimed at the perp before the perp blew his own brains out.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  13. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,752
    Aint no real killing difference between a shotgun and one of those assault looking weapons..... that kid in newtown would have been just as deadly with a shotgun.

    I dont agree that you need special training for a semi auto.... but I do think that when these kids get hold of mommy or daddys gun and end up killing themselves or another family member or friend that the parents should see some way serious jail time.

    If I was going to go on a killing spree I would much rather have a shotgun..... really tear some people up..... Shotgun is a lot more intimidating too... you point a 12 gauge at someone and you are more than likely going to send them packing........even if they are armed.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 11 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event