Page 107 of 221 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,379 to 1,391 of 2868
  1. #1379
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,283
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Post a link to this nonsense. You really should research something, if you don't want to look foolish when you're trying to debate something.
    LOOONNNG past any question of that...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  2. #1380
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,074
    The politicans already have unlimited power because no matter what they want to do, the apathetic, lazy, spoiled, spineless american people will just roll over and take it. The public at large is far more worried about losing that little slice of the pie they are allowed to keep in the form of a meaningless job where they shuffle papers around for some faceless multi-national conglomerate, a shiny new car, and an iPhone. The spirit of dissent and rebellion is gone and now all Americans do is sit and whine about things and post Facebook status updates and pictures of their food on Twitter.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

    -Thomas Jefferson

  3. #1381
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    24,998
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    They already have unlimited power because no matter what they want to do, the apathetic, lazy, spoiled, spineless american people will just roll over and take it. The public at large is far more worried about losing that little slice of the pie they are allowed to keep in the form of a meaningless job where they shuffle papers around for some faceless multi-national conglomerate, a shiny new car, and an iPhone. The spirit of dissent and rebellion is gone and now all Americans do is sit and whine about things and post Facebook status updates and pictures of their food on Twitter.

    There's a LOT of truth here, depressing though it may be.

  4. #1382
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    What do these people have in common?

    Barnett Davenport
    Pierre Riviere
    Julian Marcelino
    Monroe Phillips
    Jack the Ripper
    Simeon Ecuyer
    Tomás de Torquemada
    John Brown

    They all commited mass murder, some in the thousands, without using handguns or anything that could be considered an assault weapon by anyone (one did use a shotgun).

    So, mass murder is nothing that is new or related only to firearms. In fact, just "fire" is still the main weapon used for mass murder. While those who once feared fire are most likely the ancestors of today's liberals, we are still not inclined to ban fire.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #1383
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,680
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What do these people have in common?

    Barnett Davenport
    Pierre Riviere
    Julian Marcelino
    Monroe Phillips
    Jack the Ripper
    Simeon Ecuyer
    Tomás de Torquemada
    John Brown

    They all commited mass murder, some in the thousands, without using handguns or anything that could be considered an assault weapon by anyone (one did use a shotgun).

    So, mass murder is nothing that is new or related only to firearms. In fact, just "fire" is still the main weapon used for mass murder. While those who once feared fire are most likely the ancestors of today's liberals, we are still not inclined to ban fire.
    I am going to have to disagree here Robo. Not actually, I just wanted someone to disagree with I guess. Resident liberals are quiet of late. I do not think liberals had anything to do with either the invention or the keeping of fire. I figure you early liberal saw fire and peed in his breech-clout. Now your early conservative was probably waving it around in a proud fashion proclaiming the benefits, and the cowering liberals were busy questioning 'what do you need that for' and 'it could hurt someone'.

    Seriously, this thread should not even exist. We have let a bunch of babies take over American politics.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  6. #1384
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The politicans already have unlimited power because no matter what they want to do, the apathetic, lazy, spoiled, spineless american people will just roll over and take it. The public at large is far more worried about losing that little slice of the pie they are allowed to keep in the form of a meaningless job where they shuffle papers around for some faceless multi-national conglomerate, a shiny new car, and an iPhone. The spirit of dissent and rebellion is gone and now all Americans do is sit and whine about things and post Facebook status updates and pictures of their food on Twitter.
    Excellent post!

    Now lets see if there is a pain threshold where folks get irritated enough to do something about it...

    GA says we will reach that pain threshold which brings results soon.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  7. #1385
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I am going to have to disagree here Robo. Not actually, I just wanted someone to disagree with I guess. Resident liberals are quiet of late. I do not think liberals had anything to do with either the invention or the keeping of fire. I figure you early liberal saw fire and peed in his breech-clout. Now your early conservative was probably waving it around in a proud fashion proclaiming the benefits, and the cowering liberals were busy questioning 'what do you need that for' and 'it could hurt someone'.

    Seriously, this thread should not even exist. We have let a bunch of babies take over American politics.
    LOL! In your desperation to disagree with someone, you actually agreed with me. I am saying that ancient liberals were most likely afraid of fire. I can them whining about how fire is going kill them all just because the liberal ones weren't responsible in their handling of fire. Great grandchildren of those liberal cave dwellers who were afraid of fire were those who were afraid of electricity, and their great grandchildren afraid of nuclear power.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #1386
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,393
    I recently got my ccl and just yesterday joined the NRA. Guns and ammo is flying off the shelves. All this has just caused people that was thinking of owning a gun, go buy one. Now Biden is talking of smart guns which are extremely expensive, can't get them wet,more to go wrong, and less reliable not mention other reasons. A few states have declined these in the past for police because of reliability. I would not want to have failure in the act of protecting my family. So now they are talking handguns also. Imo without the NRA the 2nd could be in even more trouble.

  9. #1387
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    6,718
    Even the nra isnt going to be able to protect the second from obama and his conniving cronies...... kiss em goodbye.....

    I dont think you can even find 9mm or .223 in our area right now...... and the "good" guns have all been bought up.....
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

    Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

  10. #1388
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,832
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Even the nra isnt going to be able to protect the second from obama and his conniving cronies...... kiss em goodbye.....
    It might get proposed, but I seriously doubt it'll ever be ratified by 2/3rds.

  11. #1389
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    She's already dead. What more do you think should be done to her? She can only be killed one time that I'm aware of.
    From the articles I've read, the folks she interacted with, spoke highly of her. She didn't secure her weapons, and that's why this tragedy happened. Or are you reading a different thread, and by mistake, replying to this one?
    It is unfortunate that she was killed. Nobody should die that way. However we should learn from her mistakes and IMO we are not focusing as much on her as we should. Not one peep from the NRA. She is just one in a million gun owners that should take more reasonability for the safekeeping of their firearms. We could be educating people about making guns inaccessible to any young people, nutty people, rough people, violent people or gang types that might know we have guns or that might obtain them through a home robbery. Guns stored in high-crime, rough areas definitely need to be secured.

    If we scrutinized people’s methods of securing guns in their homes the way we scrutinize every Middle Easterner getting on a plane we could reduce the number of guns on the street without giving up anything. We don’t need the govt. to fix this, we can do it on our own, but organizations like the NRA should think more about what is right than what is right for them. Funny, that is what we say about the entitlement crowd…only thinking about themselves.

  12. #1390
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Houston,Tx.
    Posts
    15,507
    The only way your going to change the FAGS minds "Folk Against Guns" is when big crazed drug head, carrying a knife on crack or meth breaks in, and starts pounding Momma on the bed yaw sleep in, while you get to watch and wait on the cops to show up, and you better hope he don't do momma better than you, she might leave with him. Cops are always just minutes away when seconds count.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

  13. #1391
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,147
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Even the nra isnt going to be able to protect the second from obama and his conniving cronies...... kiss em goodbye.....
    Becasue the NRA doesn't lead its members, it follows them.............................................. ...right off a cliff.

Page 107 of 221 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117157207 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event