Page 106 of 267 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,378 of 3470

Behavior Projection

I think some member here, possibly has this affliction. Don't ya think?

In this workshop we wanted to talk about "Projection". What is it? Why do BP's do it? How does it affect NONs? And, how do we deal with it?

In general, emotionally healthy people base their perceptions on facts. Projection is basing your perception of reality on feelings.

Projection is a defense mechanism, operating unconsciously, in which what is emotionally unacceptable in the self is unconsciously rejected and attributed (projected) to others. Projection is denying one's own unpleasant traits, behaviors, or feelings by attributing them, often in an accusing way, to someone else.

Commonly the projection is an exaggeration of something that has a basis in reality. For example, the borderline may accuse you of "hating" them when you just feel irritated. Sometimes the projection may come entirely from their imagination: for example, they accuse you of flirting with when you were just asking for directions to the shoe department. ~ Randi Kreger

Some adults who enter into relationships with borderlines feel brainwashed by the BP's accusations and criticisms. The techniques of brainwashing are simple: isolate the victim, expose them to inconsistent messages, mix with sleep deprivation, add some form of abuse, get the person to doubt what they know and feel, keep them on their toes, wear them down, and stir well. ~ Elyce M. Benham, M.S.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Brian doesn't seem to care much for facts or verifiable evidence, just opinions, elitism and fear.
    Who knows, maybe he just likes to look foolish.I don't have a problem with that, if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ya, I know what you mean. Home invasions are as rare as.......say a mass shooting
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

Great shot Jmac.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

More elitism from Brian.

Only those who HE approves of can have the right to bear arms and defend themselves.

NOW, I can't even have someone with a mental condition in my HOME if I own guns?

Oh, and we've got to defend ourselves with bolt action rifles and revolvers because Brian doesn't think that we're responsible enough to handle semi-automatic rifles and handguns.

Next thing you know, we'll all be left with single action revolvers and Sharps rifles for self defense.
    You need nothing more than a flintlock to kill a deer. Brian needs a lobotomy. The rest of us need to have weapons as we choose to own on personal decision for our own security and other needs. The feds need to stick their noses out of it aside from stop selling assault rifles to Mexican drug cartels who are invading us and killing us.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Well.... looks to me like the robber got what he wanted and let the guy run off....... While the victim was in danger from the armed robber he wasnt actually "saved" by the mercedes guys...... they just got the guys wallet, car keys and cell phone back for him.

I would say if the robber was going to harm the victim that he would have harmed him instead of letting him run off down the street screaming...
    Stolen property was returned and bad guy was caught...what the hell more do you want?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I think some member here, possibly has this affliction. Don't ya think?

In this workshop we wanted to talk about "Projection". What is it? Why do BP's do it? How does it affect NONs? And, how do we deal with it?

In general, emotionally healthy people base their perceptions on facts. Projection is basing your perception of reality on feelings.

Projection is a defense mechanism, operating unconsciously, in which what is emotionally unacceptable in the self is unconsciously rejected and attributed (projected) to others. Projection is denying one's own unpleasant traits, behaviors, or feelings by attributing them, often in an accusing way, to someone else.

Commonly the projection is an exaggeration of something that has a basis in reality. For example, the borderline may accuse you of "hating" them when you just feel irritated. Sometimes the projection may come entirely from their imagination: for example, they accuse you of flirting with when you were just asking for directions to the shoe department. ~ Randi Kreger

Some adults who enter into relationships with borderlines feel brainwashed by the BP's accusations and criticisms. The techniques of brainwashing are simple: isolate the victim, expose them to inconsistent messages, mix with sleep deprivation, add some form of abuse, get the person to doubt what they know and feel, keep them on their toes, wear them down, and stir well. ~ Elyce M. Benham, M.S.
    What a bunch of hogwash.

In Texas talk: He is nuts.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It is slogans like this and “guns don’t kill” that need to be dismantled.

Let’s take your “guns will always be available” slogan to the Newtown incident. Do you really think that Adam Lanza could have stockpiled those weapons and got the experience to use them if his mother forbid them in her house? I realize older people can just buy them, but in this occurrence how would a whack job like him have bought and possessed them behind his mother’s back?

That incident started with the mother. She was just another survivalist nut.
    OK, I will play along for a minute: Lets say we get the average public to accept your idea of changing a mentality.. they start to believe guns will not be available. So what good does this do if it is NOT THE TRUTH... and guns still ARE AVAILABLE?

Brian, you really need to live in the real world... rather than your make believe world of idealism. On the street, one can get lots of things if they 'shop for them'.

How are people gonna be safer if they 'believe' guns are not available... when they ARE!

And you have not addressed the discussion that there are many other weapons to use if guns are not available.

Brian... you really need to get YOUR head wrapped around some truth... rather than telling others to live in fairyland.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OK, I will play along for a minute: Lets say we get the average public to accept your idea of changing a mentality.. they start to believe guns will not be available. So what good does this do if it is NOT THE TRUTH... and guns still ARE AVAILABLE?

Brian, you really need to live in the real world... rather than your make believe world of idealism. On the street, one can get lots of things if they 'shop for them'.

How are people gonna be safer if they 'believe' guns are not available... when they ARE!

And you have not addressed the discussion that there are many other weapons to use if guns are not available.

Brian... you really need to get YOUR head wrapped around some truth... rather than telling others to live in fairyland.

Somehow, magically, once all of this gun control stuff is passed, the gang members are going to line up and hand their guns over.

Then, we'll all live happily ever after in Chigaco-like Utopia for ever and ever.

Praise Obama.

Amen

Just another silly comeback that states "if it is not an absolute fix, it is no fix at all".
    Fixes have to be PROVEN to work... before they are fixes.

Now I have a question for you Brian: How much $$$ are the Dems paying you to lie like a polecat?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

You and GA just can't talk about Lanza's mother can you? Having a little difficulty spinning that one?
    It is not about spin Brian... that is the problem... you think it is.

Us conservatives deal in provable facts... a concept that is obviously above your head.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I am in favor of home defense too, but not for people like Mrs. Lanza unless she can prove her crazy son doesn't have access to them. When they fall into the wrong hands it should be looked upon like parents letting drunken teenagers drive home from their house. No difference.

If Mrs. Lanza is front and center in this massacre why isn’t the press or the NRA holding her at least partially accountable? Why aren't solutions explored along those lines?
    How do you know Brian... that the guns were not locked in a safe? And the key was around Mom's neck? And the kid killed his Mom to get the key... Ever think of that one?
    Now how would you resolve that? Put the key somewhere safe... OK, where is safe? Or perhaps have a combo lock on the gun storage... And the kid picks the lock? Oh... lets have retina or fingerprint recognition... well all the kid has to do is hold Mom's corpse up and authenticate. The kid went to a school and murdered folks... you think he would not do something weird to get the guns?

Brian... you really amaze me... But then again... you do not. Liberals are just that way... like rebellious kids who would rather make a fool of themselves that listen and learn and grow to mature thinking.

BTW: Went to the gun range to tweak my skills after the last call this afternoon... There was a wait for an hour to get a lane to shoot in. Asked the guy behind the counter... he said it has been that way ever since NewTown. Seems most of the folks in my area understand about self defense... do you?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I am in favor of home defense too, but not for people like Mrs. Lanza unless she can prove her crazy son doesn't have access to them. When they fall into the wrong hands it should be looked upon like parents letting drunken teenagers drive home from their house. No difference.

If Mrs. Lanza is front and center in this massacre why isn’t the press or the NRA holding her at least partially accountable? Why aren't solutions explored along those lines?
    Because this is not about gun safety... it is about dis-arming America so polecats have unlimited power. When you realize this... you will see clearly.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Somehow, magically, once all of this gun control stuff is passed, the gang members are going to line up and hand their guns over.

Then, we'll all live happily ever after in Chigaco-like Utopia for ever and ever.

Praise Obama.

Amen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez24yjqRGLs

Page 106 of 267 FirstFirst ... 6569699100101102103104105106107108109110111112113116156206 ... LastLast