Page 10 of 267 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Okay I admit I missed that proposal earlier. If you think anyone needs to visit a head-shrink before buying a gun, you are nuttier than I thought before. What are you possibly going to psych-test anyone for?

I think you need the shrink. At least I am asking so to deprive deprive you of one of your liberties.
    Perhaps you should read the post more closely before you respond or accuse ME of being intellectually dishonest.

I did not EVER say they need to see a shrink.

What I said is there should be some type of psych evaluation test or application.

This evaluation just tests mental attitude and stability and is only a part of the overall process required to purchase a semi automatic weapon.

You keep either intentionally or mistakenly twisting my words or not addressing what I posted so you are then one who is not being intellectually honest here.

So tell me other then you simply don't want ANY restrictions on purchasing a semi automatic weapon why you think what I have proposed is a bad idea.

And specifying that it is against your rights which is proven to be not legally correct or just reiterating that it is not the guns that are the problem is not a valid answer.

One more point: If I wanted to purchase a semi automatic weapon I would have no problem taking a psych test,(I am sure you will make some snide comment about this in your post) going thru a gun instructor class where they grant approval, waiting a longer period of time for a full background to be done and showing proof of having a proper way to secure the weapon.

What I don't understand is why you would.

Unless you have something to hide or feel you would not get one which is my point.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 12-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Im going to go talk to a door knob now, it will be a more entertaining conversation
    Agreed, and a more intellectually honest one.
    You guy s are finally catching on...

Nothing personal Tool... however IMO leadership should have been AHEAD of this rather than trailing to avoid confrontation.

This is an example of what is wrong with our country; we no longer have leaders... because the folks in power are more interested in PC behavior and playing games than leading. It is 'safer'.

Again Tool, not picking on you... just using the situation to make a point.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

Nothing personal Tool... however IMO leadership should have been AHEAD of this rather than trailing to avoid confrontation.

This is an example of what is wrong with our country; we no longer have leaders... because the folks in power are more interested in PC behavior and playing games than leading. It is 'safer'.

Hey GA

Got any points or ideas to bring to the discussion or just another one of your typical insult and run back and hide behind your ignore list posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Hey GA

Got any points or ideas to bring to the discussion or just another one of your typical insult and run posts.
    Pfff...as if you are capable of rational thought or a discussion for that matter.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

No offense taken GA.

Well I was just trying to be fair. The anti-gun nazis usually pretend to be reasonable and it takes a little time to expose them for certain. I was willing to play along, but I a kinda hunch where this was heading the whole time. Doorknob .
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Pfff...as if you are capable of rational thought or a discussion for that matter.
    Hey Plato,

Don't like my posts? Heres a novel idea. Stop reading them.

Just because you don't agree with what I post doesn't make it void of rational thought.

It actually verifies that it is indeed rational otherwise we would be in agreement regarding this issue.

No offense taken GA.

Well I was just trying to be fair. The anti-gun nazis usually pretend to be reasonable and it takes a little time to expose them for certain. I was willing to play along, but I a kinda hunch where this was heading the whole time. Doorknob .
    So you planning on answering my previous post?

And wanting stricter gun regulations to purchase semi automatic weapons makes me a "Gun Nazi"?

Thats absurd and honestly just makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Yeah... listening to hot air is amusing...

Ya know... I think I finally figured out something about libs: The reason they are so excited about global warming is they know it is all the hot air they produce... and are trying to blame it on someone else.

Now to answer McJo's question... If there was any material worth discussing being presented... then yeah I would get involved. Until the material being presented has any real content worth looking at... well the answer is no. So here is an offer libs: Show me a solution that WILL WORK (verifiable historical record)... then there is basis for discussion.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So you planning on answering my previous post?

And wanting stricter gun regulations to purchase semi automatic weapons makes me a "Gun Nazi"?

Thats absurd and honestly just makes you look silly.
    I think the discussion ended several posts ago MC, I really have no interest in answering your previous post[s].
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Ga always wants to be shown something and he cannot see the what he does not want to see.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ors_picks=true

To all the gun show promoters and FFL dealers across America,Joe Bama is the best thing to come around since King George III.
    FEN

I think the discussion ended several posts ago MC, I really have no interest in answering your previous post[s].
    OK

So is it alright if I don't go pound sand, turn in my gun nazi card, and take a class to help me not be dumber then a door nob.

I understand that it can be a touchy subject and you have a right to your opinion.

Got sort of personal there Tool.

But you know I still like you.

Discussing regulating guns and/or restricting gun ownership is NOT a proven solution... there are endless posts in threads I have seen you libs post in... with information to this effect.
    Jmac posted this link:
    http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/20...n-gun-control/

Long article... yet explains things clearly. I have not heard any comments from the libs about content of this article. Note the article has lots of historical reference to things tried and the results. One cannot argue with history. Discussion goes two ways...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 10 of 267 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516172060110 ... LastLast