Page 209 of 255 FirstFirst ... 109159199202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216219 ... LastLast
Results 2,705 to 2,717 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#4

Brian,

I suggest reading points #4 and #11

A permit issued by a sheriff in ANY county is valid statewide.

Of course, if you hold true to form, you'll ignore this as you've ignored every other piece of evidence as to the factual inaccuracy of your arguments.
    for get it, I all ready cited the appropriate California Law, but they don't apply because Brian doesn't believe California would actually issue a permit to someone
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

I hate to pop your bubble but I think Brian has some credibility here....he just has a weird way of saying it.

What he's saying is that although permits are legal in Cali....it's almost like they are illegal because the sheriffs are so biased as to who they give them to. That claim is backed up by Gibs.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I hate to pop your bubble but I think Brian has some credibility here....he just has a weird way of saying it.

What he's saying is that although permits are legal in Cali....it's almost like they are illegal because the sheriffs are so biased as to who they give them to. That claim is backed up by Gibs.

That doesn't nullify the fact that California has a concealed carry law.

Brian's point is that CCW is illegal because sheriffs don't issue many permits because they're afraid of political fallout.

Now, we've got a sheriff or two in California that are allowing concealed carry and Brian wished to marginalize them because they don't fit his view of how things should be.

Hey Brian...

How about you go see if you can get a CCW... Be an interesting exercise for you... I GUARANTEE you will learn a bunch about govt you did not know if you step up and get involved.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

Typical liberals; can't tell the difference between what's legal, what's not legal or what's what because of the convoluted ways they try to miscommunicate.

But since you mention something being "weird", what is really weird is "i before e, except after c".....weird, huh?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I live in Los Angeles County CA and have gone through the processes for this.

California LTC are state licenses, issued by Sheriffs and some police chiefs. The concealed versions (almost all of them) are valid, in general, throughout the state. The open-carry versions (almost none are issued) are valid only in the county where issued.

to get a concealed LTC permit, you must live in or own a business in the county which is going to issue you your LTC.

The deal is, they're "May issue" Countys, but there is a slim to none chance that they will issue you a concealed LTC permit... unless you are a Judge, Politician, or famous.

If you want to walk around LA county with a concealed pistol, you're gonna have to live so far out in the sticks to get the permit to do so, that it wont even matter to you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#4

Brian,

I suggest reading points #4 and #11

A permit issued by a sheriff in ANY county is valid statewide.

Of course, if you hold true to form, you'll ignore this as you've ignored every other piece of evidence as to the factual inaccuracy of your arguments.
    I try not to ignore anything and I’m not that reluctant to admit when I am wrong.

I said that a CCW permit in California might as well be illegal because nobody can get one. Citing that a small rural county in Northern California issues them doesn’t impress me much. Do you know how big CA is?

The fact still remains that less than one tenth of one percent of Californians can get a CCW permit. For the rest of us it is flat out illegal. So if you want to continue to spread the word that CA is a may issue state, go ahead. We know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    G
    You are the one shoveling ignorant rhetoric trying to mislead with a statement like ‘CA is a may issues state’. Inferring it is like any other state. To be more accurate you could say “there are very small counties in CA far from any populated areas that issue permits”.

Ya, there might be some gun-nut sheriffs somewhere in this state that are issuing CCW’s. Does that mean that guy can carry his gun statewide? I doubt it. You said the state issues CCW’s, but Sheriffs only have county jurisdiction.

It’s like walking down the streets of NYC shouting “guns are legal here”.
    My last post, the one you are trying to ridicule, is AGAIN pointing out the factual inaccuracy of a Brian statement.

You stated that you doubted that a permit issued by a "gun-nut sheriff" would be legal to carry next door to you in a more civilized county.

I was simply pointing out the fact that you're wrong.

Again.

Hopefully, as the hysteria over Newtown dies down, by the tome this thread stops, I'll be able to find some ammo for sale again

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Hopefully, as the hysteria over Newtown dies down, by the tome this thread stops, I'll be able to find some ammo for sale again
    Naw.

Obama be takin all the bullets.

And the scary guns and the extended clips

To Brian's point about CCW being "illegal" in California...

It isn't EASY to obtain a permit to carry in Ca. In fact, in some places it might be downright impossible to exercise your second amendment rights in that state.

This is political theatre, put on by politically motivated sheriffs and police chiefs to ensure their re-election in a largely anti-gun state. The "gun-nut sheriff" has figured out that HIS county is more pro-gun than the rest of the state and, therefore has started to issue permits as his constituency wishes. Again, all with the motivation of being re-elected.

Now, this doesn't mean that concealed carry is illegal in CA. It means that concealed carry without a permit is illegal. That is also the case in MOST states in this country. I think that Vermont is the only state that allows carry, both open and concealed with no permits required.

In PA, I can carry a firearm openly without a permit, but as soon as I close the door of my truck, that firearm is considered by law to be concealed and illegal without a permit.

I can transport my guns in Texas without a permit

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I can transport my guns in Texas without a permit
    Loaded and strapped to your hip?

I can transport without a permit, but I can't carry without a permit.

Page 209 of 255 FirstFirst ... 109159199202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216219 ... LastLast