Page 207 of 255 FirstFirst ... 107157197200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214217 ... LastLast
Results 2,679 to 2,691 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    More misinformation from brian. I am not sure why everyone here continues to talk to you when you spout off continually wrong facts.
    Maybe you could bring some factual clarity to CA's CCW policy (not the CA law that you found on the internet).

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Mexifornia is a "May issue" state. You have to be rich, powerful and know people to get a CCW permit in Mexifornia, very similar to NYC. You can get a permit, but you better be connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    http://www.californiaconcealedcarry.com/

This is a site that champions applicants for CCW permits that are refused ILLEGALLY by authorities that are not following the law. It states the areas in California that are difficult to obtain CCW permits due to political persuasion overriding pedetermined application parameters and the areas that are going by preset application parameters.
    It shows the problem with UNEVEN law application and fights to make it even.
    THX Guys!

I was pretty sure Cal was NOT a 'shall issue' state... rather a 'maybe and maybe not issue (depending on politcs) state'.

I can tell you one thing... there is NO way I would EVER live in anywhere that was not a 'shall issue' state. Thankfully a fair majority of the USA is shall issue.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

<shaking my head> unbelievable, this is a new level of density. The law is the law and it applies to a lot more people than you might think, like everyone. Just because you don't know their names or only applies to a select few, doesn’t mean it doesn't exist. good grief. <shaking my head>
    Ya, if one out of a hundred thousand can carry in CA that is enough for you to say CCW is legal? Oops, now we have to argue the one out of a hundred thousand figure.

Show some integrity.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=8982114

Just another justified self defense and another dead 19 y/o punk. When will the media ask why is it this kid felt he had to rob a store with a gun and shoot at the owner? Never, of course but that is the real issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    THX Guys!

I was pretty sure Cal was NOT a 'shall issue' state... rather a 'maybe and maybe not issue (depending on politcs) state'.

I can tell you one thing... there is NO way I would EVER live in anywhere that was not a 'shall issue' state. Thankfully a fair majority of the USA is shall issue.
    Follow-up

Seems 40 of the 50 states are 'shall issue'... 9 are may issue, and only Ill is (was) 'shall not issue'. And the second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) successfully brought legal action and shot down (pun intended) Ill refusal to honor the Constitution and allow CCW... the state has 18 mos from Dec to write a CCW law and enact it.

Seems if 40 of 50 states (that is 80%) are 'shall issue'... that means everyone that applies and qualifies gets a CCW... then it is pretty common. Sorry Brian... you live in fairyland out there in CAL... maybe you should move to a state that lives in reality...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Ya, if one out of a hundred thousand can carry in CA that is enough for you to say CCW is legal? Oops, now we have to argue the one out of a hundred thousand figure.

Show some integrity.
    I feel sorry for you Brian.
    I can't participate in this anymore.
    Take some time off buddy.
    Spend it with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    I feel sorry for you Brian.
    I can't participate in this anymore.
    Take some time off buddy.
    Spend it with your family.
    I should take some time off because you were wrong about California’s practiced CCW law? Besides, there are some here who have a far higher post count on this thread, but because you agree with them you aren’t recommending they “take some time off” too?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Follow-up

Seems 40 of the 50 states are 'shall issue'... 9 are may issue, and only Ill is (was) 'shall not issue'.
    California, and who knows how many of the other 8 states, are effectively ‘shall not issue’ states too.

Are the ‘shall/may not issue’ states the ones with the biggest cites and the most ghetto people (ie. LA, Chicago, NYC, etc)? If so, it is pretty easy to connect the dots.

California, and who knows how many of the other 8 states, are effectively ‘shall not issue’ states too.

Are the ‘shall/may not issue’ states the ones with the biggest cites and the most ghetto people (ie. LA, Chicago, NYC, etc)? If so, it is pretty easy to connect the dots.
    Hmmm. Curious question.

The "may issue" states ARE the states with the biggest cities and the most ghettos.

It IS pretty easy to "connect the dots", Brian, when you see the dots that are right in front of you.

Show some integrity.
    http://www.usacarry.com/california_c...formation.html

http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs#4
    In 1993, an angry client carried two rapid-fire Tec-DC9 assault pistols into a San Francisco law firm and opened fire, killing nine people and himself. That massacre inspired local lawyers to form a national gun-control group, Legal Community Against Violence. The LCAV helped push Congress to ban assault weapons in 1994 (but Congress let the ban expire in 2004). The group also favors suing gun-makers as liable for shootings (although Congress squashed that with an immunity law in 2005), and it has pushed California to be among the toughest gun-regulators in all 50 states. The state has closed the unlicensed-seller loophole almost completely, requiring that most guns sales be done through licensed dealers who do background checks. Assault weapons are banned, you can't openly carry any kind of gun, and you have to go through a 10-day waiting period to buy a gun. All the regulations slow sales. "It takes 20 or 30 minutes just to do the paperwork," says Chuck Michel, the state's leading gun-rights lawyer. It's more difficult to get a concealed-weapons permit in California than in most other states, but even so, amid terrorist anxiety, there's been a surge in applications; today, more than 40,000 Californians have permits. County sheriffs decide who can get the permits, and rural sheriffs tend to be particularly pro-gun. In Modoc County, in the state's far northeast corner, one in 29 residents had a concealed-gun permit in 2004, according to the Los Angeles Times.

despite you ignorant rhetoric, you CAN get a CCW in California. Just because YOU can't get one doesn't mean other people can't.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkjIMxf0VyU

Piers is a masochist. He loves having his butt handed to him nightly.

Uncle Ted was right about one thing, people like Morgan and Brian and aStudent will NEVER "get it".
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

despite you ignorant rhetoric, you CAN get a CCW in California. Just because YOU can't get one doesn't mean other people can't.
    Go on and cite these county aberrations as though they are common statewide. Like I said about integrity and accuracy.

You are the one shoveling ignorant rhetoric trying to mislead with a statement like ‘CA is a may issues state’. Inferring it is like any other state. To be more accurate you could say “there are very small counties in CA far from any populated areas that issue permits”.

Ya, there might be some gun-nut sheriffs somewhere in this state that are issuing CCW’s. Does that mean that guy can carry his gun statewide? I doubt it. You said the state issues CCW’s, but Sheriffs only have county jurisdiction.

It’s like walking down the streets of NYC shouting “guns are legal here”.

Page 207 of 255 FirstFirst ... 107157197200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214217 ... LastLast