Page 204 of 255 FirstFirst ... 104154194197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,640 to 2,652 of 3305
    Maybe I'm a masochist.

I've been enjoying this discussion in a perverse sort of way.

You guys are right in that Brian has not admitted any lack of knowledge, despite the proof having been posted, yet he steadfastly clings to his agenda.

Joe Biden has stated that we don't have the time and manpower to enforce the current laws that we have, yet we need to pass more laws.

Democratic governors are saying that "legal gun owners" aren't the problem, but we're going to take their freedom from them because we can't take freedom from criminals.

Many sheriffs across this country are now telling the federal government that they WILL NOT enforce any new laws, but law enforcement supports gun control.

Assault rifles are responsible for fewer deaths in this country annually than hammers and other blunt weapons were, but we've got to ban these dangerous guns.

yeah, the NRA and gun owners are the crazy ones...

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Let's see.

You THINK that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in California. You were wrong.
    You THINK that the proposed AWB is about magazine size alone. You were wrong again.
    You THINK that machine guns are illegal. You were wrong.
    You THINK that Federally licensed dealers can sell guns at a gun show without performing a background check. You were wrong.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the four that I remember right off the top of my head.

So, what makes you THINK that any of your other half-informed opinions would be accurate?

I THINK that you need to spend a little more time learning the laws of this nation regarding firearms and maybe learn the laws of your OWN STATE before you run your mouth any more.

Sure, an assault weapon ban will work. It will work as well as the ban on alcohol worked in the 20s and 30s. It will work as well as the prohibition on drugs has worked.

Of course, you're so invested now in your argument that you cannot back down now without losing face, but seriously, educate yourself.

You don't know half of what you think you do.
    Something you might like to know on MGs JP. Around 25 years or so ago a gang was raiding gun stores by smashing into the store late at night in a stolen truck or van and then 4 or 5 would be in and out in 4 or 5 minutes with a bunch of guns. They hit two stores in two weeks in metro Atlanta.

A store owner in Decatur, GA started sleeping in the back at night with a sub machine gun. Within about a couple weeks of his change of sleeping quarters they hit his place. He ran out the back and mowed them down in the front in a fire fight and he was uninjured in the exchange.

I believe 2 were killed and 3 were wounded. That ended the gang and the owner was praised for his courage and use of his MG. If he had just used a regular semi-auto I'm sure he would have been among the wounded or dead. That was a good move and made possible by the "legal" use of a machine gun by a private citizen. Nice to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Something you might like to know on MGs JP. Around 25 years or so ago a gang was raiding gun stores by smashing into the store late at night in a stolen truck or van and then 4 or 5 would be in and out in 4 or 5 minutes with a bunch of guns. They hit two stores in two weeks in metro Atlanta.

A store owner in Decatur, GA started sleeping in the back at night with a sub machine gun. Within about a couple weeks of his change of sleeping quarters they hit his place. He ran out the back and mowed them down in the front in a fire fight and he was uninjured in the exchange.

I believe 2 were killed and 3 were wounded. That ended the gang and the owner was praised for his courage and use of his MG. If he had just used a regular semi-auto I'm sure he would have been among the wounded or dead. That was a good move and made possible by the "legal" use of a machine gun by a private citizen. Nice to know. Thank you, thank you very much
    Spray and pray. Nothing better in an urban environment.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Spray and pray. Nothing better in an urban environment.
    Machine guns have to be aimed like any other weapon. Tossing superior rate of fire does not equate to recklessness or superior lethality.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Let's see.

You THINK that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in California. You were wrong.
    You THINK that the proposed AWB is about magazine size alone. You were wrong again.
    You THINK that machine guns are illegal. You were wrong.
    You THINK that Federally licensed dealers can sell guns at a gun show without performing a background check. You were wrong.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the four that I remember right off the top of my head.

So, what makes you THINK that any of your other half-informed opinions would be accurate?

I THINK that you need to spend a little more time learning the laws of this nation regarding firearms and maybe learn the laws of your OWN STATE before you run your mouth any more.

Sure, an assault weapon ban will work. It will work as well as the ban on alcohol worked in the 20s and 30s. It will work as well as the prohibition on drugs has worked.

Of course, you're so invested now in your argument that you cannot back down now without losing face, but seriously, educate yourself.

You don't know half of what you think you do.
    You are either wrong or inaccurate on every point. I’ve tried to be clear but when people continually tell you what you said just so they can turn around tell you that you’re wrong it’s pretty frustrating.

I watched the last five minutes of Pierce Morgan tonight handing Ted Nugent his lunch so I recorded the whole thing. It’s ready to watch so I think I’ll sit back and watch your hero get taken off at the knees.

BTW - I feel the same way - “you're so invested now in your argument that you cannot back down.” But you guys are beyond invested. It’s a way of life for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I watched the last five minutes of Pierce Morgan tonight
    That would be "Piers".
    And THAT'S your problem.
    You're even wrong about YOUR hero's name. No twisting about it. You are full of it.

You are either wrong or inaccurate on every point.
    Prove it.

I can prove my points.

Provide references, not just your opinions.

Prove it.

I can prove my points.

Provide references, not just your opinions.
    Let's see if Brian can prove his points. He can't and won't even try the impossible because when your wrong you can't. All he can do now is run, dodge and duck. Liberals can't argue logic or facts and Brian surly can't. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

That was excellent hearthman! Leave it to an immigrant to explain constitutional rights to American idiots.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

You are either wrong or inaccurate on every point.
    winner, even when presented with known and easily proven FACTS he won't believe anyone.

Nugent owns Morgan, period

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...things-make-no
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

You THINK that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in California.
    OK I will explain what I meant.

I have lived in California my whole life. I have never seen or heard of anyone who was able to carry a concealed weapon other than the many branches of law enforcement. It may be true that if you regularly carry hundreds of thousands of dollars of diamonds or cash to and from the Downtown Jewelry Mart and have been robbed a few times the state may grant you a permit. But for me and anyone like me that wants a CCW for general protection it is not allowed by our laws. Now if you want to say that in CA it is legal to CCW under those strict conditions go right ahead because I know you are bending the truth.

You THINK that the proposed AWB is about magazine size alone. again.
    I never said mag size alone. It includes other aspects of the rifle such as semi-auto, pistol grip, stock etc. Your arguing style is that if you can prove I do not know every aspect of the ban then I don’t know anything about the ban.

You THINK that machine guns are illegal.
    If you can’t buy one in a store then it might as well be illegal. If I get caught with one by police and it puts me in more trouble it might as well be illegal. Is illegal the absolute correct word to use, maybe not. But you guys love to parse words to inch ahead in this debate. Just a cheap, distracting and digressing arguing tactic IMO.

You THINK that Federally licensed dealers can sell guns at a gun show without performing a background check.
    I never said “Federally” anything. I have heard that gun shows require less background checks than buying over the counter. I’m sure you know that to be true. Actually it probably pertains to non-licensed to non-licensed transactions. Again, parsing words to inch ahead.

I just finished the CNN segment on gun control. The pro-gun folks all had one way to deal with Mr. Morgan that I am sure the pro-gun folks liked…they all raised their voices to the point of yelling at him. Again, another cheap arguing tactic that substance less people use.

I should charge you guys for using me to polish up on your pro-gun arguments. Maybe someday you will come across some paranoid doofus that it will work on.

Page 204 of 255 FirstFirst ... 104154194197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211214254 ... LastLast