Page 203 of 255 FirstFirst ... 103153193196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210213253 ... LastLast
Results 2,627 to 2,639 of 3305
  1. #2627
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    Brian,

    What caliber do you think MOST AR-15's are? It is a very scary round.
    Sorry. I misinterpreted your “scary” comment.

  2. #2628
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Tech JJ View Post
    Can you say "condescending"? Be clear about what you say and people would not try to make you more focused and educated on your terribly generalized statements! An AR-15 in its most common caliber is .223/5.56, or 22 caliber. Not all .223's can shoot 5.56 but all 5.56 chambered guns can shot .223.
    correct, The primary difference between .223 Remington and 5.56 x 45 mm is that .223 is loaded to lower pressures and velocities compared to 5.56 mm. .223 Remington ammunition can be safely fired in a 5.56 mm chambered gun, but the reverse can be an unsafe combination. The additional pressure created by 5.56 mm ammo will frequently cause over-pressure problems such as difficult extraction, flowing brass, or popped primers, but in extreme cases, could damage or destroy the rifle. Chambers cut to .223 Remington specifications have a shorter leade (throat) area as well as slightly shorter headspace dimensions compared to 5.56 mm "military" chamber specs, which contributes to the pressure issues.

    While the 5.56 mm and .223 cartridges are very similar, they are not identical. Military cases are made from thicker brass than commercial cases, which reduces the powder capacity (an important consideration for handloaders), and the NATO specification allows a higher chamber pressure. Test barrels made for 5.56mm NATO measure chamber pressure at the case mouth, as opposed to the SAAMI location. This difference accounts for upwards of 20,000+ psi difference in pressure measurements. That means that advertised pressure of 58,000 psi for 5.56mm NATO, is around 78,000 psi tested in .223 Rem test barrels (SAAMI .223 Rem Proof MAP is 78,500 psi so every 5.56mm round fired is a proof load, very dangerous). The 5.56 mm chambering, known as a NATO or mil-spec chambers, have a longer leade, which is the distance between the mouth of the cartridge and the point at which the rifling engages the bullet. The .223 chambering, known as the "SAAMI chamber", is allowed to have a shorter leade, and is only required to be proof tested to the lower SAAMI chamber pressure. To address these issues, various proprietary chambers exist, such as the Wylde chamber[2] or the Armalite chamber, which are designed to handle both 5.56 mm and .223 equally well.

    Using commercial .223 cartridges in a 5.56-chambered rifle should work reliably, but generally will not be as accurate as when fired from a .223-chambered gun due to the excessive leade. Using 5.56 mil-spec cartridges (such as the M855) in a .223-chambered rifle can lead to excessive wear and stress on the rifle and even be unsafe, and the SAAMI recommends against the practice. Some commercial rifles marked as ".223 Remington" are in fact suited for 5.56 mm, such as many commercial AR-15 variants and the Ruger Mini-14, but the manufacturer should always be consulted to verify that this is acceptable before attempting it, and signs of excessive pressure (such as flattening or gas staining of the primers) should be looked for in the initial testing with 5.56 mm ammunition.
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  3. #2629
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    this is why I have an Modern sporting rifle



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qKTutSMZ4FU
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  4. #2630
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spokane WA
    Posts
    303
    Damn, she is very skilled at cleaning the buffer spring! How come this video link doesn't come with all AR-15's? I really paid attention to that one!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.
    Benjamin Franklin

  5. #2631
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    ya Kinda liked the way she can clean a gun.
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  6. #2632
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,191

  7. #2633
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    What gun?
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  8. #2634
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Could that be because they have been illegal for personal use since day one? What happened to your theory that anything a person wants is readily available on the black market? What about hand grenades and RPG’s? Why aren’t they on the black market for you guys to go have some fun with?

    Answer: Because they have always been illegal, never sold to the public and never stored in people’s houses for theft and misuse like guns are. Contrary to your assertions, the black market can be controlled by laws and availability.

    Again with the ignorance, Brian.

    Class 3 firearms ARE legal.

  9. #2635
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,659
    Brian,

    You don't know half of what you think that you know, yet you're quite willing to run off at the mouth about it.

    I've pointed out so many factual errors in your arguments throughout this discussion that the only reason that I keep coming back is to see what foolishness you're going to spout, next.

  10. #2636
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,659
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    A flaw in your assault rifle argument is that you can agree that special features have been designed into rifles for hunting and killing varmints, deer, bear, birds on the ground, birds in the air, etc. You may also agree that certain features have been designed into sniper rifles for killing people at great distances. But you will not agree that special features have ever been designed into rifles for shooting multiple people at close range. The only feature you will admit was designed into such rifles is full-auto, which happens to be a sloppy, inaccurate way of using the rifle. Semi-auto will definitely kill more people per bullet, making it more effective in semi-auto.

    The only reason you admit to full-auto is because it is the only feature that is already illegal and you don’t have to give that feature up to any new law. But if you admit there is something other than full-auto with an M-16 that was designed for killing people then your argument begins to unravel. Only then have you pinpointed a feature that should be made illegal. As we all know, you will not use your knowledge of guns to help get guns that were designed to kill people off the streets. Why, because all guns are fun…simple as that.


    Let's see.

    You THINK that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in California. You were wrong.
    You THINK that the proposed AWB is about magazine size alone. You were wrong again.
    You THINK that machine guns are illegal. You were wrong.
    You THINK that Federally licensed dealers can sell guns at a gun show without performing a background check. You were wrong.

    I'm sure there are others, but those are the four that I remember right off the top of my head.

    So, what makes you THINK that any of your other half-informed opinions would be accurate?

    I THINK that you need to spend a little more time learning the laws of this nation regarding firearms and maybe learn the laws of your OWN STATE before you run your mouth any more.

    Sure, an assault weapon ban will work. It will work as well as the ban on alcohol worked in the 20s and 30s. It will work as well as the prohibition on drugs has worked.

    Of course, you're so invested now in your argument that you cannot back down now without losing face, but seriously, educate yourself.

    You don't know half of what you think you do.

  11. #2637
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,302
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Brian,

    You don't know half of what you think that you know, yet you're quite willing to run off at the mouth about it.

    I've pointed out so many factual errors in your arguments throughout this discussion that the only reason that I keep coming back is to see what foolishness you're going to spout, next.
    welcome to my world, don't worry, I think he works for either Feinstein or Piers Morgan.....people like him will never "get it",
    The Last four letters


    American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats


    any questions

  12. #2638
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,080
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Let's see.

    You THINK that it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in California. You were wrong.
    You THINK that the proposed AWB is about magazine size alone. You were wrong again.
    You THINK that machine guns are illegal. You were wrong.
    You THINK that Federally licensed dealers can sell guns at a gun show without performing a background check. You were wrong.

    I'm sure there are others, but those are the four that I remember right off the top of my head.

    So, what makes you THINK that any of your other half-informed opinions would be accurate?

    I THINK that you need to spend a little more time learning the laws of this nation regarding firearms and maybe learn the laws of your OWN STATE before you run your mouth any more.

    Sure, an assault weapon ban will work. It will work as well as the ban on alcohol worked in the 20s and 30s. It will work as well as the prohibition on drugs has worked.

    Of course, you're so invested now in your argument that you cannot back down now without losing face, but seriously, educate yourself.

    You don't know half of what you think you do.
    Brian is a shill for leftist political agendas. You have failed to prove him wrong. You may prove him wrong on dozens of points of fact, but the leftist agenda remains. Brian is the steadfast winner of any argument here, he is militant leftist and no amount of logic or reasoning will defeat his leftist purpose. Nothing.

    Not much point in discussion, just need to stamp them down politically. Tiring to argue with them.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  13. #2639
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    633
    I have guns for self defense, to protect my family, by any means necessary- God forbid.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Page 203 of 255 FirstFirst ... 103153193196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210213253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event