Page 196 of 261 FirstFirst ... 96146186189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,548 of 3382
  1. #2536
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Why is it you and the anti-gun crowd are trying to put the blame and burden on me and my fellow legal gun enthusiasts? Ok, if I were POTUS and really wanted to reduce gun violence I'd dismantle the socialist agenda, teach respect and personal responsibility, enforce laws and can liberal judges for a start. I'd show people there are other ways of conflict resolution. I'd preach the Gospel so there would be less hate and violence. I would revise HIPPA laws so background checks had better access. I'd encourage expanded education for gun use, State gun laws, and training for confrontations. I'd facilitate concealed carry permitting in schools and places of public assembly. I'd encourage the posting of districts of concentrated gun ownership with warnings about the potential for deadly force defense in those homes.

    Since I have worked on eradicating the vermin that put us in this mess, I don't think anyone can claim my head is in the sand on this issue.


    Plenty of evidence has already been given on this site by many to support my assertions.
    Thank you!

    I am pro gun!

    I agree you can not go past the 10 commandments, much after that is open to interpretation.

    Why are you not running for Potus, if the present guy can get in, there is no reason why you can not. you would have plenty of followers of the site.

    How are going to change the social agenda, which looking at a republican election manifesto (1950s) was clearly a social responsible document.

    Or do want to go further into the past, slavery, genocide of the indigenous people, no workers rights and of course the wild west (must have been called that for a reason or have I been watching to much TV)

    You have made some good points, why not use these in a positive manor, instead of in anger. Why encourage gun education, should it not be mandate gun education,

    There is no evidence given that shows a conclusive argument, sorry!

  2. #2537
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,278
    Some common sense without too much hype:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kRAw3VWVyD8
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #2538
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    I NEVER inferred I was afraid of anything, you did.
    There is only one thing that will make a man carry a concealed gun. Fear of death.

    nope, I answered your question, I actually went beyond your question. You simply don't want to acknowledge I answered it.

    No you didn’t. If an M-16 is an assault rifle when it is in semi-auto then a similar rifle that does not have full auto capability is also an assault rifle when it is in semi auto. Full auto capability does not dictate it being an assault rifle.

    Seriously, WTF???? So you have absolutely no clue what your talking about. First you tell us assault rifles are the preferred method of killing people and now your saying they are not that good at killing people.....
    Read the post. I said an assault rifle in semi-auto is better suited for killing more people with a given amount of bullets because of better aim and control.

    Seriously dude, WTF is wrong with you. Are you Bi-polar or something? Or do you simply troll internet forums just to argue with no way to make a point, other than you don't have clue
    Your inability to understand a counter viewpoint shows you have the same inability to understand the gun issue.

  4. #2539
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    No you didn’t. If an M-16 is an assault rifle when it is in semi-auto then a similar rifle that does not have full auto capability is also an assault rifle when it is in semi auto. Full auto capability does not dictate it being an assault rifle.
    Actually, Full auto capability IS the defining feature of a REAL assault rifle.

    It would be an assault rifle even in semi-auto mode ONLY because the capability of full auto fire is a flick of the selector switch away.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle


    You can keep making things up, by the facts aren't on your side.

    I'm assuming that you've still got your death machine, Brian.

  5. #2540
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There is only one thing that will make a man carry a concealed gun. Fear of death.




    No you didn’t. If an M-16 is an assault rifle when it is in semi-auto then a similar rifle that does not have full auto capability is also an assault rifle when it is in semi auto. Full auto capability does not dictate it being an assault rifle.



    Read the post. I said an assault rifle in semi-auto is better suited for killing more people with a given amount of bullets because of better aim and control.



    Your inability to understand a counter viewpoint shows you have the same inability to understand the gun issue.
    Brian... something you might want to think about:

    What you are doing... is what a lot of folks do... They repeat what they hear on TV or other media (because it sounds/feels good... which a lot of thought and effort went into making it sound/feel good)... THAT is what polecats (of both parties) do... they package things in words that sound and feel good... so folks will not do their own research (in the investment world we call this DYODD; which stands for Do Your Own Due Diligence)... rather just accept it and follow it (without doing their own research to see if it is true or false). Folks who do their research (diligence)... well they get ahead in life... and they do not make fools of themselves in public (or on forums).

    The folks who verify facts are the ones who KNOW... The ones who just repeat... well they are the ones that get mad fun of... because they open their mouths and stick their feet in (sometimes all the way to their 'junk'... <grin>).

    A word of advise: VERIFY what you hear BEFORE you repeat it (and more importantly, before you believe it!!!!!)... and folks will respect you. Pop off at the mouth (also known as diarrhea of the mouth), and folks will continue to pick on you.

    Now it is your choice: Choose wisely.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #2541
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,327
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I'm sure that you have left an answer or two of mine unanswered or at least not adequately answered...

    As to your question... the stock you linked removes the pistol grip and telescopic stock...as to why these things are illegal... why is it illegal to spit on the sidewalk... or to have any sex other than missionary style? Because it is.... some big shot told some other big shot to outlaw it so it's done.

    What does a pistol grip do? It makes operating all functions of the firearm faster and easier to accomplish...they probably figure if you have to move your hand from the trigger even for a split second that it could be enough time for you to be taken down.

    I don't know....this whole gun control issue is really a mess and I just wish it would end. After 250 pages of this I'm nearly ready to leave HVAC talk for good.

    Which brings me to MY question....I thought you were done with this thread?
    so the gun works EXACTLY the same regardless of whether it has a pistol grip or a standard rifle stock~~~~~IT WORKS/FUNCTIONS EXACTLY THE SAME REGARDLESS OF STOCK....yet one is illegal and the other is legal. all that has chanced is the appearance

    Now!explain to everyone here, why one is illegal?

    why am I still here: Because the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment must be defended by all legal means necessary. I will NEVER stop defending the Constitution from misguided folks, both foreign and domestic.

    I have been on this board from the very beginning. If you hover your cursor over your name and then look in the lower left corner of the screen you will find your member number, yours is 720301.

    Go check mine out..............it's 180. and I will be here long after you go. The 2nd Amendment is not an option. it was put as #2 for a reason.

    Im am seriously thinking about running for political office. This erosion of the peoples rights has got to stop.

    Game on
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  7. #2542
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,327
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I missed a few pages so is it has already been posted, what the hey. Pass along email, have not checked it so I can't verify if it is true.




    http://directorblue.********.com/201...-industry.html

    Maybe your politicians should imply they will be banning half the goods being made in the USA. Then people will run out and buy the stuff.

    NObama is the single best gun salesman of the century. Since the crash in 2007, the ONLY industry that didn't need a bail out was the gun industry.

    I was talking to the guys on the counter of where I get my supplies, they were saying the same thing. It's going to be 6 to 12 months before they catch up.

    Fortunately I learned my lesson back in 2008, and I stocked up. I have enough supplies to get me through to next year
    LOVE has four letters

    So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

  8. #2543
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

    so the gun works EXACTLY the same regardless of whether it has a pistol grip or a standard rifle stock~~~~~IT WORKS/FUNCTIONS EXACTLY THE SAME REGARDLESS OF STOCK....yet one is illegal and the other is legal. all that has chanced is the appearance

    Now!explain to everyone here, why one is illegal?

    why am I still here: Because the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment must be defended by all legal means necessary. I will NEVER stop defending the Constitution from misguided folks, both foreign and domestic.

    I have been on this board from the very beginning. If you hover your cursor over your name and then look in the lower left corner of the screen you will find your member number, yours is 720301.

    Go check mine out..............it's 180. and I will be here long after you go. The 2nd Amendment is not an option. it was put as #2 for a reason.

    Im am seriously thinking about running for political office. This erosion of the peoples rights has got to stop.

    Game on
    I wouldn't say it functions exactly the same...the grips and folding stocks have to play some part in the ease of use or else people wouldn't care if they had them or not.

    Regardless I applaud you for supporting your ideals. My ideals are self sustaining energy sources first and foremost. I would give up everything to ensure that my family is not burdened by some billionaire oil tycoon or electrical company. These people are what I'm afraid of...a punk in the street I can deal with...but I can't do anything about a company that holds a monopoly on something nearly essential to modern day life.

  9. #2544
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,945
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    What two fish do sharks fear? Dolphins because they fight back by head butting and can kill a shark but sharks fear killer whales because orcas have superior firepower.

    "cuse me as these are both technically mammals and not true fish but I think every gets the point.
    Neither are fish.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #2545
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,945
    Something to visualize as our guns are taken from us;
    .
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #2546
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,427
    Believe me GA, I’m just as unimpressed with your argument on this subject as you are with mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Brian... something you might want to think about:

    What you are doing... is what a lot of folks do... They repeat what they hear on TV or other media (because it sounds/feels good... which a lot of thought and effort went into making it sound/feel good)... THAT is what polecats (of both parties) do... they package things in words that sound and feel good... so folks will not do their own research (in the investment world we call this DYODD; which stands for Do Your Own Due Diligence)... rather just accept it and follow it (without doing their own research to see if it is true or false). Folks who do their research (diligence)... well they get ahead in life... and they do not make fools of themselves in public (or on forums).

    The folks who verify facts are the ones who KNOW... The ones who just repeat... well they are the ones that get mad fun of... because they open their mouths and stick their feet in (sometimes all the way to their 'junk'... <grin>).

    A word of advise: VERIFY what you hear BEFORE you repeat it (and more importantly, before you believe it!!!!!)... and folks will respect you. Pop off at the mouth (also known as diarrhea of the mouth), and folks will continue to pick on you.

    Now it is your choice: Choose wisely.
    You think that if you can catch me on a misused word or two then you can negate my whole argument. But the gun argument is about perceptions of assault weapons. Not the Wiki definition of one. Actually there are four definitions of them. The media definition, the definition the law will place on them, the Wiki definition and society’s definition of them.

    I once lost a traffic ticket in court because the sleazy persecutor played the same type of word game on me. It was a speeding ticket on a motorcycle. The prosecutor asked how fast I was going. I wanted to be absolutely truthful so I said between 32 and 35mph all the way down the street. He then said, “So you do not know exactly how fast you were going?” I said, “no, I was going between those speeds.” Right there with the word “no” I lost the case. You guys play the same game and I am not impressed. If you confuse a clip with a mag you must leave the room. Unfortunately I see through that arguing style.

    If a Bushmaster performs just a well as a military issue weapon in semi-auto then it should be considered an assault weapon…which it is.

  12. #2547
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    so the gun works EXACTLY the same regardless of whether it has a pistol grip or a standard rifle stock~~~~~IT WORKS/FUNCTIONS EXACTLY THE SAME REGARDLESS OF STOCK....yet one is illegal and the other is legal. all that has chanced is the appearance

    Now!explain to everyone here, why one is illegal?

    why am I still here: Because the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment must be defended by all legal means necessary. I will NEVER stop defending the Constitution from misguided folks, both foreign and domestic.

    I have been on this board from the very beginning. If you hover your cursor over your name and then look in the lower left corner of the screen you will find your member number, yours is 720301.

    Go check mine out..............it's 180. and I will be here long after you go. The 2nd Amendment is not an option. it was put as #2 for a reason.

    Im am seriously thinking about running for political office. This erosion of the peoples rights has got to stop.

    Game on
    And so you should.

    If your present POTUS can come from nowhere with his ideology, then if your ideology is as popular with the voters, then why not you!

  13. #2548
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I wouldn't say it functions exactly the same...the grips and folding stocks have to play some part in the ease of use or else people wouldn't care if they had them or not.
    They don't.

    All they do is make the gun LOOK scarier.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 02-03-2013 at 08:06 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Page 196 of 261 FirstFirst ... 96146186189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203206246 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event