Page 183 of 255 FirstFirst ... 83133173176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190193233 ... LastLast
Results 2,367 to 2,379 of 3314
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    do we really need to go over this again? Your selective ignorance is astounding. ONE MORE TIME:

A GUN FREE ZONE is a LEGAL TERM, it is NOT a buzz word.

New York City and The city of Chicago are GUN FREE ZONES.

meaning <try to pay attention here>

you may NOT carry/possess/hold/harbor/grasp/retain ANY FIREARM within the city limits. PERIOD. If your caught with a firearm ANY FIREARM---long gun or hand gun, there is three year jail term. PERIOD

Yet NYC had 515 gun murders in 2011 and Chicago had 431 gun murders last year. Now explain to the class how these GUN FREE ZONES had so many murders when guns ARE NOT ALLOWED

these numbers are from the FBI Uniform Crime Report, I guess your going to say the FBI's numbers are way off to.....sheesh
    Pick me! (Hand up in the air) Pick Me!

I would say that the people who murdered others with a handgun in those cities were braking the law before they even murdered someone. I would say that others that also have guns there are of a similar ilk and may some day do the same. I think that three years in jail should be a minimum.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Isn't the simple solution to have all of the gun grabbers go move to a city and pass their laws and leave the rest of us alone? Seems like a simple enough compromise to me. They can have Chicago since it's already as close to gun free zone (well legally owned ones anyway). I don't have much use for Californication either so they can take their pick down there too.

Seems fair to me. They can all huddle together and protect each other. The rest of us will carry on with life.
    I am assuming the pun was intended....
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

So lets ask ourselves some serious questions on gun control.

If guns are effective enough to be a criminal's preferred tool, why are they not good enough to use for protection?

If you and your children were face-to-face with a male attacker twice your size, what would you do; If you weren't armed?-----> what would you do if you were armed

If we ever completely ban guns, do you think there would be no more armed criminals in America?

With so many gun laws already on the books, why do "gun crimes" still exist? why do we still have mass shooting?

The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

So lets ask ourselves some serious questions on gun control.

If guns are effective enough to be a criminal's preferred tool, why are they not good enough to use for protection?
    I like a shotgun.

If you and your children were face-to-face with a male attacker twice your size, what would you do; If you weren't armed?-----> what would you do if you were armed
    Why is the man attacking us?

If we ever completely ban guns, do you think there would be no more armed criminals in America?
    They would be less scary if they all had sharp sticks, don't you think?

With so many gun laws already on the books, why do "gun crimes" still exist? why do we still have mass shooting?
    Because you have all these guns around.

But seriously, the whole idea is to back away from a gun culture. It can not be done in one or ten years. It would take no less than four generations in my opinion.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Its law abiding citizens who are the maniacs shooting up these schools and stuff..... the problem is we cant detect them or we let them slip thru the cracks....

Until we can come up with a good way to detect maniacs and would be maniacs and stop them from slipping thru the cracks..... we got to do something to keep guns out of their hands...

think l o g i c a l l y .......... that l is a lower case ell and not an eye...... I think sans serif font doesnt show them as different....but whatever font we use as default here does..... but just in case.....

Cause a lot of you dont seem to be using any logic...... and I am worried that you might be using something called I O G I C.... which...whatever it is...shouldnt be used here.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Its law abiding citizens who are the maniacs shooting up these schools and stuff..... the problem is we cant detect them or we let them slip thru the cracks....

Until we can come up with a good way to detect maniacs and would be maniacs and stop them from slipping thru the cracks..... we got to do something to keep guns out of their hands...

think l o g i c a l l y .......... that l is a lower case ell and not an eye...... I think sans serif font doesnt show them as different....but whatever font we use as default here does..... but just in case.....

Cause a lot of you dont seem to be using any logic...... and I am worried that you might be using something called I O G I C.... which...whatever it is...shouldnt be used here.

You need to live in N Korea corny and not in a free country where we have rights like the 2nd Amendment. More to the point there is no way you can effectively keep a criminal or someone with criminal intent to get a gun.

The best protection is to allow non criminals to purchase and carry firearms freely and that gives you and everyone else rather they have a gun or not protectrion which you couldn't afford otherwise since we can't pay for a cop 24/7 on every block. This is called common sense which you seem to be totally lacking in that department. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I like a shotgun.
    I'll take my Para-P16-40

Why is the man attacking us?
    he wants your money and your wife and daughter? what does it matter, he's criminal

They would be less scary if they all had sharp sticks, don't you think?
    IDK, a 300lb guy with a sharp stick still scares the crap out of me

Because you have all these guns around.
    and we like it that way

But seriously, the whole idea is to back away from a gun culture. It can not be done in one or ten years. It would take no less than four generations in my opinion.
    that's if they banned and confiscated all firearms today
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

CORRECT!!!! I will try this one more time:

IN NYC, YOU MAY NOT OWN/POSSESS/HOLD/CARRY/GRASP/RETAIN ANY FIREARM within the City of NY or the five Boroughs of NY, These include Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Satan Island and Queens. ALL FIREARM are banned from those areas. You may not have them in your home or business. I have a NYS CCW Permit....it is NOT VALID IN NYC. If caught I will go to jail for three years, unless Im Plaxico Burris and I shoot myself in the leg, then I will get 2 years (IN NYC it pays to be rich and famous)

Federal laws allow you transport a firearm through NYC as long as you maintain the firearms according to Federal Safe passage laws AND YOU DO NOT STOP. {no kidding, you may not stop for food, gas or even break down~~~although you must obey all traffic devices}

If you live in NYC and wish to hunt, you may maintain any amount of firearms (up to 10) OUTSIDE THE CITY,

Don't take my word for it, Call Mayor Mikey Loonberg and his buddy Ray Kelly (Commissioner of Police) and ask them. You'll get an earful Im sure
    Thanks jmac, I had no idea that there were places in this county that you could not own a gun or use one as home protection. It makes me wonder how they suspend people’s Second Amendment Rights.

How is the NRA or ACLU powerless to fight such a law? And, why was it implemented in the first place. Is it because of the close proximity of the people there and if a gun is discharged it is likely to kill the wrong person? Or is it because of the ghetto types in the area?

that's if they banned and confiscated all firearms today
    Thy would never do it in one step.

LOL! Yepper, we are all going to fall in lock-step for your 100 year prediction....

F'n serious? Sharp sticks???

4 generations, sharp sticks, problem solved. LOL! UG!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    You need to live in N Korea corny and not in a free country where we have rights like the 2nd Amendment. More to the point there is no way you can effectively keep a criminal or someone with criminal intent to get a gun.

The best protection is to allow non criminals to purchase and carry firearms freely and that gives you and everyone else rather they have a gun or not protectrion which you couldn't afford otherwise since we can't pay for a cop 24/7 on every block. This is called common sense which you seem to be totally lacking in that department. Thank you, thank you very much
    I would probably enjoy living in china..... Id love to go there some day but I dont ever see that happening because of financial and family obligations that must come before any dreams I have that dont involve a piece of scrap wood.... or a piece of scrap metal that I get out of some plants metal garbage bin.

But North Korea..... no thanks..... that country is just too ****** up...

Guns... nope...cant keep a criminal from a gun.....unless you dry up their supply but just totally banning them....which aint gonna happen..... But... if we can keep them out of the hands of these maniacs then law abiding citizens who work everyday and dont live in the inner city will be safer....... and its us that really matters......

Some 2 bit hoodlum shooting some god forsaken person in the hood....or inner city...... thats just the lords way of thinning the herd...
    Let them take care of themselves....

Now Glenn... tomorrow... take your guns to the police station and throw them down on some cops desk and just scream.....

" IM TURNING IN THESE GUNS TO KEEP THEM OUT OF THE HANDS OF THE MANIACS YOU LOSERS KEEP LETTING SLIP THRU THE CRACKS"

Then demand at least a free meal for the guns......and demand that it be somewhere where utensils are on the table.....and not some fast food place....

I ate a cheeseburger at cracker barrel today with a knife and fork..... people just smiled at me.... didnt have the guts to ask why I was eating a cheeseburger with a knife and fork......

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

I would probably enjoy living in china..... Id love to go there some day but I dont ever see that happening because of financial and family obligations that must come before any dreams I have that dont involve a piece of scrap wood.... or a piece of scrap metal that I get out of some plants metal garbage bin.

But North Korea..... no thanks..... to brutal for me.... I wouldnt even want to go to south korea.... cause...while I dont really have anything against the koreans....... I just dont care for them.....

Dont want no harm to come to them..... Just have no desire to visit their country....

Just something about those folks....... cant quite put my finger on it.....

Page 183 of 255 FirstFirst ... 83133173176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190193233 ... LastLast