Page 179 of 255 FirstFirst ... 79129169172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,315 to 2,327 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Well you must be calling GA an idiot as well.

Last ditch effort......at what? I asked one simple question and koolhound turned it into a 4 page debate.

All I wanted to know was how many hypocrites we have in the room. I guess that should be obvious though, dems want abortions, republicans want guns....but neither side wants both....which as far as laws go and preventing things these two topics are one in the same.
    Not quite sure I follow you on this one...

My position is the govt should NOT be involved in the gun argument OR abortion... It is both a state's rights issue... and a freedom issue.

Please explain how GA is involved in your statement... THX.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    ga-hvac-tech;15076601"]

Simply put: BOTH are freedom issues.

One is addressed by the founding documents... the other is not.
    BOTH are states rights issues also... so the FED govt and SCOTUS have NO business messing with them.

When it comes to freedom these two topics apparently intersect at some point. Especially since passing control laws on either one does no good...so looking at how one is affected by laws can show us how the other will be as well.

I'll leave it at that, I apologize for any confusion that might have taken place.
    Well... it appears I have my answer to the question in my previous post...

I agree if one were observing human behavior (usually behavior comes from beliefs), one could conclude the way folks handle one political hot-potato could lend clues to how they handle another. And if both of those political hot-potatoes are as controversial as the two issues you note Student... well IMO there may be some similarities in how they are approached and handled.
    Sorry Tool... have to disagree with you.

IMO there is usually an under-lying problem that was not addressed in time before... thus the current problem. GA likes to go back and find the underlying problem to find the SOURCE of the issue. Thus the comment they are both state's rights issues and NOT FED issues. If one of two things had happened in the past: One-Feds had stayed out... declared it a state's rights issue (Constitutionally correct thing for them to do); or two: The citizens had stood up and said NO mr polecat you will NOT violate the Constitution... this is state's rights and your comments are not acceptable... then start the legal chain to assert Constitutional authority. Well either of these would have been the solution decades ago.

When we let a problem go (as in to not decisively resolve it)... we end up with larger problems. Like a splinter in your finger... if we only put a bandaid on it... or put cream and a bandaid on it... nothing happens to heal the wound. ONLY when the splinter is removed... does the wound heal.

We need to go back to the Constitution to resolve these things... until we do... we may as well buy stock in bandaid and cream companies... cause we will be covering it up for a LONG time.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    that will never happen
    I SERIOUSLY like the second one...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Concealed carry is legal in almost every state in the USA. (Illinois is the LONE exception)

You don't know what you're talking about as far as the law goes, Brian. I've pointed that out to you on more than one occasion.
    I think Hawaii also...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm... Seems all I get back in a discussion is smoke... yet no answers to my questions.
    Now in my country that would be called a polecat (or a polecat wannabe). No respect for others... just push their agenda... No listening to the ones who are closer to the situation... just push their agenda... No resolution of a problem... just push their agenda, push their agenda, push their agenda.

When I see someone who has an agenda and will not listen to others... well there is really not much to discuss with that person. SOOO

Have a nice day...
    I have not applied to become a resident of the USA, so I can not say with 100% certainty that I would be accepted. But all indications say that I would.
    Job offers, Sufficient finances that social security would not be required, possible investment and job creation, very high security rating, educated.
    I think that is as clear as i can answer that area.

I would hope that in USA, NZ and the rest of the world we could reduce crime, so for this to happen changes have to be made, can I or anybody else guarantee what will happen of course not, but without change you can not expect change.

I indicated that I preferred safes to reduce the number of arms that my get into the crims hands, It would seem many gun owners feel the same, they already have gun safes. Safes do not stop the committed crim, but stops the opportunist.

As I have indicated it is the fault of the crim. not the victim, so we should need lock our doors, but we have to, for the same reason why you want to carry a gun, because you may need it, when the gun it is not in your control put it in a safe, to reduce the temptation of the opportunist.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I have not applied to become a resident of the USA, so I can not say with 100% certainty that I would be accepted. But all indications say that I would.
    Job offers, Sufficient finances that social security would not be required, possible investment and job creation, very high security rating, educated.
    I think that is as clear as i can answer that area.

I would hope that in USA, NZ and the rest of the world we could reduce crime, so for this to happen changes have to be made, can I or anybody else guarantee what will happen of course not, but without change you can not expect change.

I indicated that I preferred safes to reduce the number of arms that my get into the crims hands, It would seem many gun owners feel the same, they already have gun safes. Safes do not stop the committed crim, but stops the opportunist.

As I have indicated it is the fault of the crim. not the victim, so we should need lock our doors, but we have to, for the same reason why you want to carry a gun, because you may need it, when the gun it is not in your control put it in a safe, to reduce the temptation of the opportunist.
    Well put. This is where some have been trying to explain the USA train of thought (or at least some), don't tell me what I should do in my house. That's the individual freedom that we are so proud of. Once you step into our homes and begin to tell us what to do, you have crossed the line. (just trying to explain what some people think).

I can understand the idea of locking up guns when not at home, but then my home is locked. So how many locks do I have to install? At what point is the law going to step in and do something to stop the law-breakers? That is the other frustration. Laws are broken to steal the guns, but you feel I should do more.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Well put. This is where some have been trying to explain the USA train of thought (or at least some), don't tell me what I should do in my house. That's the individual freedom that we are so proud of. Once you step into our homes and begin to tell us what to do, you have crossed the line. (just trying to explain what some people think).

I can understand the idea of locking up guns when not at home, but then my home is locked. So how many locks do I have to install? At what point is the law going to step in and do something to stop the law-breakers? That is the other frustration. Laws are broken to steal the guns, but you feel I should do more.
    I agree, what i do in my home is my business, and you should not have to lock up your guns in a perfect world, I would but this similar to wearing a seat belt (law NZ), why should i be forced to wearing a seat belt, it is my life to choose what I do, but by not wearing and I have a crash, I have a higher impact of the medical system and insurance, driving up the cost to others, similar with the gun safe, "if" it reduces the number of guns entering the illegal arena, then that must be a good thing. Not that it will stop all crime, like a seat belt does not stop all injuries. maybe the change may not be great or at all, but what it also does is show non gun owners, that those who do are being responsible.
    If gun owners do not show concern, and make suggestions then the fear of gun owners may come true.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I agree, what i do in my home is my business, and you should not have to lock up your guns in a perfect world, I would but this similar to wearing a seat belt (law NZ), why should i be forced to wearing a seat belt, it is my life to choose what I do, but by not wearing and I have a crash, I have a higher impact of the medical system and insurance, driving up the cost to others, similar with the gun safe, "if" it reduces the number of guns entering the illegal arena, then that must be a good thing. Not that it will stop all crime, like a seat belt does not stop all injuries. maybe the change may not be great or at all, but what it also does is show non gun owners, that those who do are being responsible.
    If gun owners do not show concern, and make suggestions then the fear of gun owners may come true.
    Very true. Unfortunately, both sides, have proven they will not just "take what's agreed to" and be done. Time after time they keep pushing until they have it all. That is why there is such resistance to give any at all.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

ok Im going to say what everyone seems to be dancing around:

What the anti-gun nuts are worried about is something they can't control, the brain of a deranged individual. So they go after the only thing they think they can control, the law abiding citizen. It is literally the only thing that is tangible to them

It's like when I moved in with my girlfriend 22 years a go(soon to be wife) my MIL was so mad that her little Catholic girl was living in sin 400 miles away, the only thing she could do was ground my SIL (who was 15 at the time) I had a good laugh over that one

The other thing that is driving the anti-gun nuts crazy is the unbelievably miniscule possibility that someday a Legally armed individual will "lose it" and start shooting up the place (which BTW has never happened)

If your going to live in a society of 310+ million people, a few are going to fall through the cracks and kill someone. It happens everyday with cars and alcohol. It's going to happen with guns. Period. Its just something your going to have to live with.

The only thing you can do about it is to be prepared. Have a defensive tool of your own, throw them the bird and have at it. Your chances of dieing in a car are 17 time higher than dieing from a GSW (gun shot wound)

Im done with this BS, talking to anti-freedom-gun grabbing-misinformed people is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

Have fun, good luck, stay sharp.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...me-drop_x.htm?

Nobody knows what makes crime rates rise and fall......

chicago crime rates over the years.....

1965: 395
    1974: 970
    1990: 851
    1991: 927
    1992: 943
    1993: 855
    1994: 931
    1995: 828
    1996: 796
    1997: 761
    1998: 704
    1999: 643
    2000: 633
    2001: 667
    2002: 656
    2003: 601
    2004: 453
    2005: 451
    2006: 471
    2007: 448
    2008: 513
    2009: 459
    2010: 436
    2011: 435
    2012: 506

Id say if you look at most cities... that you will find that over the past few decades crime has done the old see saw thing.... rising this year falling the next.... rising for a few years then falling for a few....

I looked at the data for my town and its done the same thing.... rise and fall and rise and fall...... we saw our most murders about 2 years ago.....4....where most years its 1 or 2.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

So.... Quit claiming CCW permits lower crime rates when in fact there is no data to confirm that..... but I will concede that there is no data to prove it doesnt... But what we do know is that crime rises and falls like the tide......whether its an area where concealed carry is allowed....or where it isnt.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    ok Im going to say what everyone seems to be dancing around:

What the anti-gun nuts are worried about is something they can't control, the brain of a deranged individual. So they go after the only thing they think they can control, the law abiding citizen. It is literally the only thing that is tangible to them

It's like when I moved in with my girlfriend 22 years a go(soon to be wife) my MIL was so mad that her little Catholic girl was living in sin 400 miles away, the only thing she could do was ground my SIL (who was 15 at the time) I had a good laugh over that one

The other thing that is driving the anti-gun nuts crazy is the unbelievably miniscule possibility that someday a Legally armed individual will "lose it" and start shooting up the place (which BTW has never happened)

If your going to live in a society of 310+ million people, a few are going to fall through the cracks and kill someone. It happens everyday with cars and alcohol. It's going to happen with guns. Period. Its just something your going to have to live with.

The only thing you can do about it is to be prepared. Have a defensive tool of your own, throw them the bird and have at it. Your chances of dieing in a car are 17 time higher than dieing from a GSW (gun shot wound)

Im done with this BS, talking to anti-freedom-gun grabbing-misinformed people is like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

Have fun, good luck, stay sharp.
    I like your new avatar...

Below is the latest power-grab from DC and the libs:

https://www.examiner.com/article/eff...ral-power-grab

Read the whole article... This power grab stuff has been going on longer than most of us have been alive. (The specific power grab addressed in the article has been tried a few times before; each time by DEMS who think they are above the law). It is always the same... a polecat lusting for power and drunk on how important they are... disregards the rights of the average citizen and knowingly violates the Constitution to satisfy their lust for power.

This attitude of lust for power (we need to remember: power corrupts, and absolute power absolutely corrupts, NO exceptions), is why the Constitution has the checks and balances it does. And the 'teeth' of that document is in the 1st and 2nd amendments. You can say what you choose, and you can own a firearm and if necessary use it to change bad govt.

Seems I heard over the weekend a Fed circuit court told BHO he had violated the Constitution by appointing folks to the NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) and CPSC (Consumer Products Safety Commission). BTW: This is the same NLRB that tried to tell Boeing they could NOT build a 787 Dreamliner plant in SC because it was a right to work state. Seems 'recess' appointments, Constitutionally, can only be done when Congress is in recess, not when they are not scheduled to meet over the weekend. Seems also every ruling made by each of those two agencies since the appointments is now null and void... because the agency was acting with members who have no authority (were not appointed by the rule of law).

Seems Mr Obama thinks he is above the law... well he was TOLD over the weekend he is NOT. Seems the NLRB does not think they are subject to the ruling of the courts...

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/25/o...-march-onward/

Now do you folks REALLY want someone making laws who thinks they are above the rule of law, and when reprimanded just says the courts are irrelevant?

IMO if ANYONE does not see serious danger for the country here... they are either blind or stupid or part of the side who thinks they are above the law.
    The first two can be fixed... the third needs jail time to learn.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I think Hawaii also...
    Hawaii doesn't count. Hawaiians don't even consider themselves part of the U.S. Just ask Obama
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 179 of 255 FirstFirst ... 79129169172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186189229 ... LastLast