Page 176 of 267 FirstFirst ... 76126166169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,288 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    First of all...guns are not going to prevent us from turning into another Brazil.... its going to happen some day.... unless we become a police state like China... as populations increase....and poverty increases......which both are in the USA and there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it.... then crime and drug use will increase also.... Criminal with a gun who is desperate for cash sure isnt going to be detered by some city slicker yuppie with a handgun he has shot maybe 20 times....

Yep...its gonna get bad.... and you selfish individuals who care about your guns more than you do your fellow man are going to be the cause of it.....

thank you....lol

Hopefully our government can come to some sort of compromise so that guys like you are not out there on the streets with your buck fever wasting innocent people while you are living out some sort of cop fantasy.

As for morally bankrupt..... Im not the selfish individual who cares more about my gun collection than the safety and well being of my fellow man.

Dont want to have to defend yourself..... quit trolling the hood for ****. And put the same amount of effort into getting your congressman to do something about crime as you are putting into saving your 30 round mags... ( probably got to have that 30 to get one on target....lol)

We know you yankees cant hit the broad side of a barn..... Dang trained cops hit 9 civilians firing at one criminal..... Is there something in the water up there that clouds your vision ??? Or is buck fever a generic defect in the northeast ???
    To be honest I didn't bother reading any of this BS, you ARE morally bankrupt and your self righteous, greater than thou attitude is what is going to cause the downfall of this country. you try and Project your impotence on the rest of us. It won't work.

Goodby
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

I just read an article on Japan and gun control. It is true they ban guns and only had something like 9 murders due to gunshot wounds. They had 12 murders with scissors as the murder weapon. This proves any object can be used to kill people if someone is determined to kill. It's not guns that kill, it's people that do the killing

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

You also shouldnt try and compare somewhere like Brazil to the USA. In Brazil you have the drug gangs running amok.... you have cities built out of cardboard and paper.....a corrupt government with police rounding up homeless kids on the street and killing them. Poverty like you wouldnt believe....
    This is unbelievable statement. We can see what can happen through the history of other countries.
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Panama... concealed carry permitted...got to register your gun.....but you can buy them freely...and of course carry them.

Murder rate the same as Brazil.....

If you research Panama... its a pretty safe country to live in.....as long as you are not along the border with Columbia....

Pretty lax gun laws..... but still a very high murder rate.... guess its because panama has a canal and places with canals are easier to protect than say columbia which is right next door or brazil that is a few doors down....

Colombia by the way has some fairly lax gun laws especially compared to brazil......yet there murder rate is significantly higher.

It looks to me like there are other factors involved besides the populations rights to own a gun...... corrupt governments, poverty, etc...... drug cartels running apesh*t over the country.

Of course Im just an ignorant southern boy.... but at least I can hit the broad side of a barn......lol

I had a guy at a one of those cheap travelling carnivals tell me one time that when they got so far North...think it was ohio and up... that for their balloon busting and target games that they had to switch from 22 pump rifles using 22 short ammo to special 410 shotguns with reduced loads.....so the northern folk could hit the targets.... cost them a little more but it keeps the shooting games in use up north...

I asked him if the ever bent the sights or the barrels on the 410s like they do on 22s somethimes and he said it wasnt neccesary as even with the shotguns the northern guys still missed enough to keep the games profitable.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear if Brian turned in his people killing machine, the Ruger 10/22...

It isn't the rifle, it's the size of the mag right?
    I'd gladly turn in the mag for a 7 or 8 mag to get you and your ilk to turn in your 30 mags.

And why aren’t you telling us what caused CA crime rate to drop? I thought you knew what causes a drop in crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I'd gladly turn in the mag for a 7 or 8 mag to get you and your ilk to turn in your 30 mags.

And why aren’t you telling us what caused CA crime rate to drop? I thought you knew what causes a drop in crime?
    actually Mexifornias crime is just as cyclical as many other cities.

We can look at specific cities ie, Los Angeles, in 2001 the Total LE disposition was 109,790, it peaked in in 2007 at 133,405 and has been declining to 103,429 in 2010. Will it go back up??

Lets look at Long Beach: 2001 total disposition was 25,860. it peaked in 2007 at 28,406 and in 2010 it was 23,195.

so basically crime in Mexifornia is fairly stable despite severe economic issues

Now lets talk about the Magazine capacity issue:

even if we (Law abiding) firearms owners turn in our Magazines, just how many AR mag's are on the market. Before answering, remember magazines can be purchased by ANYONE over the internet and at Brick& mortar stores. A month ago I could have purchased a 10 PACK of 30 round mags for about 60 bucks. So lets just say every AR owner has 10 mags per firearm, there is an estimated 2 million Ar style firearms sold from 2001-2010 (the only data I could find, I would suggest there is a significantly more since then) that puts the number of mags at around 20 million. Again I would suggest there is a significantly more, like close to 60 or 70+ million mags on the market.

So how would magazine capacity effect the bad guys? Seung-Hui Cho had two hand guns, a Walther P22 and a Glock 19 (9mm) he had three ten round mags for the P22 and 19 ten round mags for the glock. it took him 2 hours to shoot 32 people with about 170 rounds. How would a 7 round count effected the out come? Round count only effects the good guys...right? how does restricting my round count effect someone like Cho???

Are you serious?! The criteria people like you keep coming up with in order to get any legislation for gun control started is pathetic. Do you really think we are all so stupid that we don't see what your kind is doing? Do you really think we don't realize that once a legislation is passed on any controlling of our lives, that it opens the door, or more like Pandora's box, to what ever you fascist minded control freaks want to impose on us?

Here's a hint; we aren't that stupid.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Nope. It's the rifle itself.

Your 10/22 is a deadly assault weapon. You should be ashamed for even ever considering owning such an awful weapon.

Maybe the legalization of pot caused part of the drop in crime rates by removing a manufactured crime?

I haven't given a huge amount of study to California because I have no plans to travel to or live there.

In short, I don't care much what California does. That's the beauty of our system. Cali does their thing, PA does our thing and we get to pick which system we prefer.

THIS is what I've been trying to beat you over the head with.

You are ill-informed about the proposed legislation and are arguing points that don't even exist.

The 10/22 is an assault rifle. Specifically named as such in the proposed legislation. Not 10/22 with long mags. Not a 10/22 with a pistol grip. Not a 10/22 with a folding stock.

A 10/22. ANY 10/22.

I still have two 25 round banana clips for my Ruger 10-22, but I do miss my old 50 round rotary drum....as much of a pain as it was, and as badly it heated the barrel, it was just too cool to rapid fire at multiple targets.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

A 10/22 is on my "must buy" list right now, along with a nice heap of high cap magazines.

Maybe Brian will sell me his, cheap, since it's a dangerous "assault weapon". I wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves.......

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    A 10/22 is on my "must buy" list right now, along with a nice heap of high cap magazines.

Maybe Brian will sell me his, cheap, since it's a dangerous "assault weapon". I wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves.......
    hope he's wearing steel toed shoes, I would hate to see him blow his toe off.

Page 176 of 267 FirstFirst ... 76126166169170171172173174175176177178179180181182183186226 ... LastLast