Page 148 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,912 to 1,924 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Oh good grief. Pay attention.
    Oh, Im paying attention. The problem is Im paying too good of attention.

They say a safe can be breached with an ax, as though that is a reason to not use them. Well, lets put that into perspective. What percentage of home robberies were deterred by a low-end / <$1,000 safe? What percentage of robbers have the knowledge and equipment to crack a low-end, 400lb safe that is bolted to the stubs? Id guess far less than 2% of home robberies.

A settling torch will get you into a $20,000 safe, but that doesnt make it useless.

I'm not sure what a settling torch is.

Perhaps you meant acetylene?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Far more people die from automobiles than guns. If you are more than 15mph over speed limit or over 85 it used to be unless the speeds have changed, a crime. So how is it different driving a car(which is often considered a deadly weapon) and killing someone. I mean here you are committing a crime and causing a death. There are many times more deaths by auto and probably alot of them are speeding or other combinations. Point is you can't stop all the idiots.

History makes me want to own a gun. Several of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    Far more people die from automobiles than guns. If you are more than 15mph over speed limit or over 85 it used to be unless the speeds have changed, a crime. So how is it different driving a car(which is often considered a deadly weapon) and killing someone. I mean here you are committing a crime and causing a death. There are many times more deaths by auto and probably alot of them are speeding or other combinations. Point is you can't stop all the idiots.
    Well, I'd say cars are far less portable, so I can't kill someone on the third floor with one.

Apologies if I find some of these comparisons rather ludicrous.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

I personally find it ludicrous to have to justify gun ownership, high cap mags, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    A settling torch will get you into a $20,000 safe, but that doesnt make it useless.

No, it will not. At 20K, it's going to be pretty much explosion resistant too.

Quote Originally Posted by fliks View Post
    I personally find it ludicrous to have to justify gun ownership, high cap mags, etc.

It isn't the people who would actually FOLLOW the new laws that you've got to worry about.

It's the people who ALREADY AREN'T FOLLOWING LAWS that, most times, are the problem.

Being a female is reason enough for me. My father gave me a .22 when I went to college, and I foolishly waited until I was sexually assaulted to start carrying it. Thank God I live in Arizona, where anyone who is not a convicted felon can own and carry concealed. I was able to stop an assault -- a man was beating up a woman who was holding a newborn, and her face and arms were bruised and bloody. I was able to get him away from her so she could leave. (When he pointed out it was just a .22, I explained that it is hard to survive a bullet to the throat...so he let her go.)

Another time when I was in college, a man followed me in my car for nearly twelve miles. He followed me off the road so I brandished my .22 auto, and he suddenly left.

As an American, I have the right to own weapons for defense, hunting, or just going out shooting targets...especially defense. That's why this American female owns guns...more than the .22 Daddy gave me in 1972 and the M1 carbine he left me when he died.

My British hubby appreciated being able to live in a country where you can defend yourself, unlike London (where he was born and raised.)

Again, I can only observe that, to the best of my knowledge, no one is actually proposing a no gun solution.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmam View Post
    Being a female is reason enough for me. My father gave me a .22 when I went to college, and I foolishly waited until I was sexually assaulted to start carrying it. Thank God I live in Arizona, where anyone who is not a convicted felon can own and carry concealed. I was able to stop an assault -- a man was beating up a woman who was holding a newborn, and her face and arms were bruised and bloody. I was able to get him away from her so she could leave. (When he pointed out it was just a .22, I explained that it is hard to survive a bullet to the throat...so he let her go.)

Another time when I was in college, a man followed me in my car for nearly twelve miles. He followed me off the road so I brandished my .22 auto, and he suddenly left.

As an American, I have the right to own weapons for defense, hunting, or just going out shooting targets...especially defense. That's why this American female owns guns...more than the .22 Daddy gave me in 1972 and the M1 carbine he left me when he died.

My British hubby appreciated being able to live in a country where you can defend yourself, unlike London (where he was born and raised.)
    Good for you. My wife and daughter both carry daily. Be glad you dont live in a city where you are denied the right to protect yourself via firearm. A firearm is the great equalizer. Just presenting it pretty much does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Again, I can only observe that, to the best of my knowledge, no one is actually proposing a no gun solution.
    No. They're proposing nonsensical regulations that divide 'weapons' up by their appearance and attack an object rather than the perpetrator of the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Try carrying one in San Francisco, Washington DC, New York or Chicago and see how that goes for you. Then tell me that they dont already actually have no gun solutions in place. This is what they want for the nation.

Of course, they are fundamentally proposing total gun control. They know they can only get it a little at a time. None of their proposed laws can be tied to any reduction in crime whatsoever. But the new proposed laws will make it more difficult for you and I to protect ourselves.

Page 148 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158198248 ... LastLast