Page 143 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,847 to 1,859 of 2796
  1. #1847
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,054
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Hell boy that grain of salt weighs 200 pounds and calls himself "Joe" but to alot of folks he is known as "Crazy Joe".

    Name:  Walter is Joe Biden.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  10.7 KB The truth about Joe/ Walter is out!

    I actually prefer "wooden head Joe".

  2. #1848
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,029
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    God, guns and guts are all what drove Americans to make the U.S. the great nation it is. Sorry if conversing about God makes you so uncomfortable, Jeff. Maybe it is time you took a nap.
    Sorry Robin, but the topic was why you need a gun. But I guess it's because it is a God given right to self-defense. my bad
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  3. #1849
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Sorry Robin, but the topic was why you need a gun. But I guess it's because it is a God given right to self-defense. my bad
    Now you're back on board. If God didn't want us own firearms, God wouldn't have given us trigger fingers!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  4. #1850
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    831
    Zombies.

    There is a saying.

    “A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands”
    We had a gun registry. We scrapped it this year.

    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...eg_enr-eng.htm

    Its not responsible gun users that kill people. Its people using unregistered firearms, who do not hold any permits or licenses, people who dont want their weapon to be traced. How do you fix that problem? Start cracking down on the criminals.

    Maybe what Obama means by gun control is a law forcing people to use their heads when it comes to guns. Maintain and store them properly. Dont leave them loaded. Dont leave them where the kids can find them. Dont leave them in clear access to those who do not have the mental capability or lack the judgement to use them safely. And tough penalties for those who dont follow those rules and somehow one of their weapons end up in an evidence locker in a criminal case.

    Its not?

    By that logic lets ban cars. Did you know that cars are always involved in automotive accidents resulting in deaths?

    Hot dogs are the most choked on food. Lets ban them too. Teaching kids to properly chew their food (which can even prevent that childhood obesity epidemic as they will feel full after properly chewing their food and not over eat) obviously isnt the solution.
    Get money, get paid.

  5. #1851
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,852
    I believe in gun control only to the point that we must be able to control our guns in order to hit the target.

    It's not just gun control though. Government has become an uncontrollable monster that we don't seem to be able to stop taking away our rights and freedsoms. Every law creates more criminals. Did we learn nothing with prohibition?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #1852
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,029
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Zombies.

    There is a saying.



    We had a gun registry. We scrapped it this year.

    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...eg_enr-eng.htm

    Its not responsible gun users that kill people. Its people using unregistered firearms, who do not hold any permits or licenses, people who dont want their weapon to be traced. How do you fix that problem? Start cracking down on the criminals.

    Maybe what Obama means by gun control is a law forcing people to use their heads when it comes to guns. Maintain and store them properly. Dont leave them loaded. Dont leave them where the kids can find them. Dont leave them in clear access to those who do not have the mental capability or lack the judgement to use them safely. And tough penalties for those who dont follow those rules and somehow one of their weapons end up in an evidence locker in a criminal case.

    Its not?

    By that logic lets ban cars. Did you know that cars are always involved in automotive accidents resulting in deaths?

    Hot dogs are the most choked on food. Lets ban them too. Teaching kids to properly chew their food (which can even prevent that childhood obesity epidemic as they will feel full after properly chewing their food and not over eat) obviously isnt the solution.
    Ray gets it, (BTW, well said) The Canadian government gets it. Ya know why the U.S. Government DOESN'T get it, because this is about control. These idiots want a "feel good law" that controls the ONLY group of people they CAN control, Law abiding citizens. The criminals couldn't care less what laws are passed, THEY can't control the criminals, so they go after the only group they can.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

  7. #1853
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,265
    Now here is a novel idea...

    What about a national organization which one can join for, lets say, $100/year. The organization will be 2nd amendment folks who own guns, are trained to use them, and stay in practice. Must sign a statement you are doing those things (training, practice).
    The organization will be staffed with lawyers who will come to the aid of any citizen who goes a-foul of a law that is not Constitutional, concerning gun rights.
    If we could get such an organization started and going.... and reach critical mass (couple of million, better over 10 million) over as many states as possible... then ANY person the FEDS single out to create fear... well they just smile and call the organization.
    Now lessee: Say over a calendar year 5 persons are singled out by the FEDS... folks who are not particularly high profile (like Wayne LaPierre at NRA or Tom Selleck-actor). If the organization had 1M members, and each paid $100/year... take away, say, 25% for administrative costs... that leaves $75M to defend the folks who the FEDS tried to single out to create fear.
    IMO this would embolden the gun rights crowd to not be cowered by the FEDS... concerning issues of which the FEDS are trying to railroad our gun rights.
    Note I did NOT say embolden gun nuts to commit crimes... GA did NOT say that.

    Thoughts?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

  8. #1854
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,646
    Quote Originally Posted by RayD8630 View Post
    Zombies.

    There is a saying.


    We had a gun registry. We scrapped it this year.

    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...eg_enr-eng.htm

    Its not responsible gun users that kill people. Its people using unregistered firearms, who do not hold any permits or licenses, people who dont want their weapon to be traced. How do you fix that problem? Start cracking down on the criminals.

    Maybe what Obama means by gun control is a law forcing people to use their heads when it comes to guns. Maintain and store them properly. Dont leave them loaded. Dont leave them where the kids can find them. Dont leave them in clear access to those who do not have the mental capability or lack the judgement to use them safely. And tough penalties for those who dont follow those rules and somehow one of their weapons end up in an evidence locker in a criminal case.

    Its not?

    By that logic lets ban cars. Did you know that cars are always involved in automotive accidents resulting in deaths?

    Hot dogs are the most choked on food. Lets ban them too. Teaching kids to properly chew their food (which can even prevent that childhood obesity epidemic as they will feel full after properly chewing their food and not over eat) obviously isnt the solution.
    Ray gets it. Canadian.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

  9. #1855
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Ray gets it. Canadian.
    You amurrricans could learn a lot from us!
    But.... You won't.

  10. #1856
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829

    Bubba Clinton Says

    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...443_Page2.html

    Former President Bill Clinton warned a group of top Democratic donors at a private Saturday meeting not to underestimate the passions that gun control stirs among many Americans.

    “Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,” Clinton said.

    “A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things,” Clinton said. “I know because I come from this world.

    Clinton dedicated a substantial portion of his 40-minute address before a joint meeting of the Obama National Finance Committee and a group of business leaders to the issue of guns and gun control, saying that it was a test-case for President Barack Obama’s grass-roots movements. (POLITICO was given a transferable ticket by an invited member of the committee.)

    “The way the Obama campaign won Florida, won Ohio, won this election by more than projected was the combination of technology, social media and personal contact,” Clinton said. That’s “the only way that our side will ever be able to even up the votes in the midterms and as these issues come up, really touch people and talk to them about it.”

    Obama begins his second term facing an uphill battle on gun control — an emotional, divisive and difficult issue that the cool and pragmatic Obama would usually avoid.

    Obama took 23 executive actions this week to curb gun violence, but his key proposals will need a vote from Congress to become law. With a GOP House unlikely to take up any new gun control measures — and even some Democrats expressing wariness — his only recourse is to make his case directly to the public.

    Clinton said that Republicans have been struggling in presidential politics since 1992 — noting that 2004 was the only time a Republican has won the popular vote in more than 20 years. But, he said, the party has been successful in energizing its supporters for midterm elections.

    “You have the power to really democratize America,” Clinton said. “You can do it on immigration reform, you can do it on these economic issues. You can do it on implementing the health care bill.”

    But, Clinton warned, the issue of guns has a special emotional resonance in many rural states — and simply dismissing pro-gun arguments is counterproductive.

    While some polls show that the public by-and-large supports several proposals for increased gun control, Clinton said that it’s not the public support that matters — it’s how strongly people feel about the issue.

    “All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,” Clinton said.

    Clinton recalled Al Gore’s 2000 campaign against George W. Bush in Colorado, where a referendum designed to close the so-called gun show loophole shared the ballot with the presidential ticket. Gore publicly backed the proposal, while Bush opposed it.

    Though the referendum passed with 70 percent of the vote, Gore lost the state. Clinton said that the reason was because a good chunk of the referendum’s opponents were single-issue voters who automatically rejected Gore as anti-gun.

    And Clinton said that passing the 1994 federal assault weapons ban “devastated” more than a dozen Democratic lawmakers in the 1994 midterms — and cost then-Speaker of the House Tom Foley (D-Wash.) his job and his seat in Congress.

    “I’ve had many sleepless nights in the many years since,” Clinton said. One reason? “I never had any sessions with the House members who were vulnerable,” he explained — saying that he had assumed they already knew how to explain their vote for the ban to their constituents.

    Clinton also recalled threatening to veto a bill as Arkansas governor that would have prevented the city of Little Rock from instituting an assault weapons ban.

    Clinton said that an National Rifle Association lobbyist threatened him over his veto in the state house, saying that the group would cause problems for his upcoming presidential campaign in rural states like Texas.

    “Right there in the lobby,” Clinton said. “They thought they could talk to governors that way.

    “I knew I was getting older when I didn’t hit him,” Clinton said. Clinton recalls telling the NRA lobbyist, “If that’s the way you feel, you get your gun, I’ll get my gun and I’ll see you in Texas.”

    But he said that he understands the culture that permeates a state like Arkansas — where guns are a longstanding part of local culture.

    “A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”

    Clinton closed his remarks with a warning to big Democratic donors that ultimately many Democratic lawmakers will be defeated if they choose to stand with the president.

    “Do not be self-congratulatory about how brave you for being for this” gun control push, he said. “The only brave people are the people who are going to lose their jobs if they vote with you.”

  11. #1857
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Now here is a novel idea...

    What about a national organization which one can join for, lets say, $100/year. The organization will be 2nd amendment folks who own guns, are trained to use them, and stay in practice. Must sign a statement you are doing those things (training, practice).
    The organization will be staffed with lawyers who will come to the aid of any citizen who goes a-foul of a law that is not Constitutional, concerning gun rights.
    If we could get such an organization started and going.... and reach critical mass (couple of million, better over 10 million) over as many states as possible... then ANY person the FEDS single out to create fear... well they just smile and call the organization.
    Now lessee: Say over a calendar year 5 persons are singled out by the FEDS... folks who are not particularly high profile (like Wayne LaPierre at NRA or Tom Selleck-actor). If the organization had 1M members, and each paid $100/year... take away, say, 25% for administrative costs... that leaves $75M to defend the folks who the FEDS tried to single out to create fear.
    IMO this would embolden the gun rights crowd to not be cowered by the FEDS... concerning issues of which the FEDS are trying to railroad our gun rights.
    Note I did NOT say embolden gun nuts to commit crimes... GA did NOT say that.

    Thoughts?
    How about $300.00 for a life membership?

    Annual NRA membership for life. No sponsorship is needed.
    Just call this number: 1-888-678-7894

    You do not even need to be an active member or have a life member sponsorship.
    I do not know how long the upgrade
    special will last.

  12. #1858
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    6,703
    America in crisis and the biggest solutions people can come up with is handing your hard earned cash over to someone else........lol

    Americans.... the worlds d minus students.
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

    Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

  13. #1859
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,829
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    America in crisis and the biggest solutions people can come up with is handing your hard earned cash over to someone else........lol

    Americans.... the worlds d minus students.
    It's really none of your concern, what another man spends his hard earned money on, is it? You have enough issues of your own to manage I think.

Page 143 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150153193 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event