Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,288 to 1,300 of 3470
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Ok, so provide a link to the entire video with your commentary on how the entire video changes the fact that she is a hypocrite of the worst order just like Oby-wan the Jedi commie.
    I didn't say I knew of anything more, just that he stopped right after she told about getting a gun & permit to carry. What if she said that a week later she thought what she was doing was wrong & got rid of her gun. Would that make a difference? I'm not standing up for her because I don't know the whole story but I don't like to make a judgement when I only hear part of the story & there may be more. I just don't think every liberal is wrong on every issue & every conservative is right on every issue. I think abortion is wrong but I believe in a woman's right to choose which means I'm not a conservative & I believe in the right to bear arms which means I'm not a liberal. Does that mean I'm not an American? I'm just tired of this conservative liberal B*S*. There are good well meaning people & there are bad ill meaning people on both sides. You can't see which is which if your eyes are closed.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Crime has gone down nationwide since the early 90's even in places like Chicago where there are gun bans.
    Completely untrue for Chicago and for Washington D.C., two areas where Americans rights to bear arms has been attacked successfully. I for one will not go to D.C. unarmed.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I believe that owning a gun is not necessarily a need but it is a right that should be protected. Personally I only own one gun, a hunting rifle used for that purpose only and I dont believe that my gun needs to be controlled, I put it in my locked gun cabinent every time I use it and it has never once gotten out of control, broke the lock and went on a killing spree. People wanting to take guns away talk about how dangerous they are etc... etc... however a gun is no more than a tool. A tool is only as good or as bad as the person using it. A gun is used for self protection, hunting, sports such as target shooting, etc... I believe the gun rights issue is really an issue of morality inside the country. By blaming guns for the violence that exists in our society we take all personal responsibility out of the equation. We blame video games, music, mental illness, guns, environment, drugs, etc... rather than the people themselves. We have a large portion of our population growing up without fathers or mothers because the parents of children dont want to take responsibility for their actions. they would rather abandon their children, give them up for adoption or even resort to abortion before taking responsibility for the childs life. this leads to a whole generation of youth who see that they dont have to take responsibility for their actions and devalues human life. If children were taught the value of life and that every decision that they make has a consequence that they will have to be accountable for you would see a more responsible society with a respect for their fellow man. Then guns would not be an issue. We need to control ourselves and our morals not our guns.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I think you're missing the point. Why should one have to be terrorized & attacked to justify them being able to carry a firearm?
    In most cases it would be too late. I would agree with you that I think the Mark Levin video was incomplete & only had the part he wanted us to hear so it was obviously biased. That's the problem we have in our country is that not enough people think out of the box. Its like they have blinders on & can only see one way. Whether you're for or against gun control there is no reason that facts should be ignored if they go against your position.
    I have to say that you and Gibs Son are the two most level headed people on this thread. I’ve read some very good posts from Hearthman in the past but here he is extremely biased and IMO out to lunch. Funny how that is.

For those who do not see the missing information from Levin, here it is. When someone has a bomb planted in their house and gunshots riddle their home how is that person in the same amount of danger as the average citizen? That person deserves protective custody or at least be allowed to carry a gun. When a cop walks up to your car do you call him a hypocrite because he is allowed to carry a weapon and you are not? I’d bet that Mother Theresa would carry under those conditions.

Feinstein is a loon and should just shut up about gun control but when Levin calls her a hypocrite because she wanted to carry a gun under those circumstances he is singing to the choir…and gun advocates fell for it. Tell me, is there a single gun advocate out there that is too over the top for other gun advocates to follow? I don’t think there is.

The bottom line is that even Diane Feinstein "believes" that at least "some" Americans should have the right to own and carry defensive firearms. For Feinsteine or anyone else who believes that "they" should have these rights but not others, they are elitist hypocrites who need to be taken out of government where they have the power to control the rest of us in ways they themselves do not want to be controlled.

Even some of my liberal Jewish in-laws listen to Mark Levin and think he is fair. To say Mark Levin is an idiot shows just how hateful, beligerant and elitist someone thinks....or does not think...
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Mark Levin is great!

Exactly what does he say that is not true? Maybe a liberal can chime in and tell me.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Mark Levin is great!

Exactly what does he say that is not true? Maybe a liberal can chime in and tell me.
    You probably think Sean Hannity is great too.

Who is Sean Hannity?

Brian, you're a libbie, so tell me what Mark says thats not true?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Completely untrue for Chicago and for Washington D.C., two areas where Americans rights to bear arms has been attacked successfully. I for one will not go to D.C. unarmed.
    Actually crime has fallen in Chicago since the 90's. I'm on my phone and on break at work so I don't have time to pull and give you all the links...I'm sure you can find them.

We will see what happens as the supreme court just ruled Chicago's gun laws as unconstitutional.

Waiting.
    -- Confucius

Still waiting.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Actually crime has fallen in Chicago since the 90's. I'm on my phone and on break at work so I don't have time to pull and give you all the links...I'm sure you can find them.

We will see what happens as the supreme court just ruled Chicago's gun laws as unconstitutional.
    *JUST* ???? The Supreme Court ruled almost 3 years a go on McDonald v. Chicago.

the SCOTUS also said in Miller v. Washington DC et.al. that the right to keep and bare arms is an individual right. It also said that the states had a right to "REASONABLE restrictions on those firearms. Not draconian laws that prohibit certain guns.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

Save Us Chuck

Page 100 of 267 FirstFirst ... 509093949596979899100101102103104105106107110150200 ... LastLast