Page 90 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,158 to 1,170 of 3305
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I'm afraid he might be full of something else too.
    That could be a dangerous combination. Not as bad as cheap Tequila and orange juice,.. but still dangerous.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    And even closer to the subject is that most people that carry have never seen a violent gun related act nor will they ever witness or respond to gun related violence, yet they vehemently want the right to carry and express their opinions.
    I served 2 tours in Vietnam- US Army 5th SFGA Mike Force
    Google it.

I've seen what happens w/ gun related violence & have taken part one on one on many occasions in country.
    So- I feel I've earned the right to talk about it. Have you?
    My expertise is long guns- always was. Not much of a hand gun guy. I own 2 handguns- a 25 cal baby Browning & a S&W 357 model 66. I have no desire to have a CCW.
    I do own many rifles- a few I won't talk about. Some I collect, some I shoot.
    All are locked in a gun safe.
    I have no plans on shooting small school children.
    Lifetime NRA member.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I'm afraid he might be full of something else too.
    That same thing could be said of a few of the conservs on here as well.

Of course, present company excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    I served 2 tours in Vietnam- US Army 5th SFGA Mike Force
    Google it.

I've seen what happens w/ gun related violence & have taken part one on one on many occasions in country.
    So- I feel I've earned the right to talk about it. Have you?
    My expertise is long guns- always was. Not much of a hand gun guy. I own 2 handguns- a 25 cal baby Browning & a S&W 357 model 66. I have no desire to have a CCW.
    I do own many rifles- a few I won't talk about. Some I collect, some I shoot.
    All are locked in a gun safe.
    I have no plans on shooting small school children.
    Lifetime NRA member.
    Just because you have shot and killed people and are a member of some gun organization does not entitle you to exclusive rights to be the only viable voice allowed to discuss this gun topic.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    So your answer is that if it doesn't stop ALL the problems we should not do anything?

Thats just silly. If we had that same attitude for everything then there would never be any progress.

I ask you to just think about the above statement for a few moments.

And I asked for your solution but have yet to see it.
    I've never said that we shouldn't do anything.

What I'm saying is that, if we have to DO SOMETHING everytime a tragedy like this happens, we're more likely to do something stupid in the name of doing SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

What I'm saying is that, if we have to DO SOMETHING everytime a tragedy like this happens, we're more likely to do something stupid in the name of doing SOMETHING.
    It seems when called out on your posts stating what you have indeed posted you always reply with the Ole "I never said that arguement".

But the fact is you DID say it.

So since you say it is stupid then please explain why a certification process prior to purchasing a semi automatic firearm is in your opinion stupid and why it is a bad idea.

And again I am still waiting for your solution.

More accurate reflection.

Rather than "Doing SOMETHING" I'd MUCH rather that we do the RIGHT thing.

Now, I'm not for a minute going to claim that I've got all the answers like some here do.

Mental health is a problem. Better treatment and care for these people would be an excellent place to start.

It seems when called out on your posts stating what you have indeed posted you always reply with the Ole "I never said that arguement".

But the fact is you DID say it.

So since you say it is stupid then please explain why a certification process prior to purchasing a semi automatic firearm is in your opinion stupid and why it is a bad idea.

And again I am still waiting for your solution.

mcjo,

Apparently, your reading comprehension skills and your recollection are very poor.

I freakin AGREE WITH YOU!

Now, we move on to this.

What happens when YOUR system fails?

What then?

Quote Originally Posted by precision hvac View Post
    I have no desire to have a CCW.
    Our country thanks you for your service in Vietnam but I have to ask you: What do you think makes someone feel they should carry compared to someone like you that “has no desire” to carry? Why is it important to some and not to others?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

What robots?
    http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs.../planebot.html

There's a lot more than just this.....but I have a feeling that if this is public knowledge that it may already be outdated technology....especially since it has been public since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Our country thanks you for your service in Vietnam but I have to ask you: What do you think makes someone feel they should carry compared to someone like you that “has no desire” to carry? Why is it important to some and not to others?
    It is a choice,

What makes some people choose pickup trucks over sports cars?

What makes some people choose to live in the city versus the country?

You don't HAVE to understand it, just to accept that freedom involves allowing others to do things that you may not agree with.

Since concealed carry has been permitted in this country for a good many years, you should easily be able to provide evidence to support your idea that concealed carry doesn't work.

That same thing could be said of a few of the conservs on here as well.

Of course, present company excluded.

I'm not a conservative. I'm an East Coast Ultra Conservative.
    I was educated in The Provisions State. The Land Of Steady Habits State. The Nutmeg State. The Constitution State.
    We supplied most of the food & canons for The Revolutionary War. Maybe that's why I defend The Constitution as vehemently as I do.
    So, if I'm full of anything, it's knowledge.

You don't HAVE to understand it, just to accept that freedom involves allowing others to do things that you may not agree with.
    :thumbup:

3pt - sent this from his DUMB-PHONE

Page 90 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190 ... LastLast