Page 69 of 216 FirstFirst ... 195962636465666768697071727374757679119169 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Re-read your post. You were putting them down making remarks about their ‘aura’ and their gun belts.

I realize they are fallible and it degusts me when they make mistakes with their guns. My point was that you compared yourself or CCW people to them. IMO, overall there is no comparison. Cops kick some serious a$$ sometimes without having to resort to their guns. Tell me you could do that.

The Zimmerman case is prime example of a wanna-be-cop gone awry. But since a perp was killed I doubt you see anything wrong with it.
    You really have no actual ground to stand on here. As a reserve officer I made dozens of arrests and not once did I draw my sidearm during an arrest. So, I am telling you that I not only can do that I did do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

You just described yourself and the other unthinking progressives quite well!
    Mankind is doomed....thank you for reassuring me of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post

You really have no actual ground to stand on here. As a reserve officer I made dozens of arrests and not once did I draw my sidearm during an arrest. So, I am telling you that I not only can do that I did do that!
    Was he talking to you?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I never said that they weren't.

A reasonable person realizes this.

Many people, however, seem to invest a great power and wisdom in that badge and gun belt.
    Agreed, some think that a license and a class and a job means some sort of 'diploma superiority special person' status. Cops are just people, police is just another job or career path, liberals idolize them without justification as the 'only responsible gun owners'. Dangerous mindset.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1357441884453.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  15.6 KB

Re-read your post. You were putting them down making remarks about their ‘aura’ and their gun belts.

I realize they are fallible and it degusts me when they make mistakes with their guns. My point was that you compared yourself or CCW people to them. IMO, overall there is no comparison. Cops kick some serious a$$ sometimes without having to resort to their guns. Tell me you could do that.

The Zimmerman case is prime example of a wanna-be-cop gone awry. But since a perp was killed I doubt you see anything wrong with it.
    You don't read well, do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Nice link Jmac, keep posting the facts for us.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

Agreed, some think that a license and a class and a job means some sort of 'diploma superiority special person' status. Cops are just people, police is just another job or career path, liberals idolize them without justification as the 'only responsible gun owners'. Dangerous mindset.
    See....this is the problem.

We proposed the idea that people take some sort of training prior to buying a gun. Somewhere along the lines it got translated into we must be like cops to buy a gun.

If you guys can't understand what we mean then I'm sorry I can't help you.

If I handed you a tool you have never used before would you feel comfortable with it?

What if someone showed you how to use that tool first?

Oh yeah.... shoot a cop and you will find out real quick that cops aren't "just people"

I predict, no matter which side of the fence of this issue you may stand on, neither side is going to have an epiphany because of anything said in this thread.

a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
    b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization

Actually, I have trained in both armed and unarmed defense.

At no point have I compared myself or any other CCW holder to a police officer.

What I have done, however, is take your suggestion that all CCW holders be trained to the same standard as a police officer and point out several flaws in the logic behind it, Brian.

Things which you've chosen to completely ignore.

As I said earlier in this thread.

You can lead a horse to water...

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    I predict, no matter which side of the fence of this issue you may stand on, neither side is going to have an epiphany because of anything said in this thread.

a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
    b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization
    I believe you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

We proposed the idea that people take some sort of training prior to buying a gun. Somewhere along the lines it got translated into we must be like cops to buy a gun.
    Other approaches could be:
    Requiring CCW people to be trained like cops since that is the duty they are expected to perform.

I didn't make this up. Brian suggested it, I'm making a mockery and parody of his suggestion.

I also suggested that, since I'm to be trained as a police officer, shouldn't I be paid as one, too?

If you've been reading, I'm not opposed to training for gun owners and am actually taking the suggestion farther than some of the lefties are in stating that re-certification is a GOOD idea, not a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    See....this is the problem.

If you guys can't understand what we mean then I'm sorry I can't help you.

If I handed you a tool you have never used before would you feel comfortable with it?

What if someone showed you how to use that tool first?

Oh yeah.... shoot a cop and you will find out real quick that cops aren't "just people"

That's pretzel logic if I ever heard it.

fallible, twisted or circular resaoning that when dissected is wrong, does not make sense or does not explain the situation rationally.

Page 69 of 216 FirstFirst ... 195962636465666768697071727374757679119169 ... LastLast