Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I see this listed in the service manual. Thanks for enlightening me on this.

It also states, "Pre-heat will be turned off when breaker is turned off."

If you were aware of this feature, why turn the system off @ the breaker? Compressors are very durable. I still stand by my statement that it is unlikely your compressor was damaged by one cold start. But anything is possible.

You need to call a professional and quit over analyzing this issue. Myself nor anyone else on this forum can accurately diagnosis your system from their keyboard. We offer guidance and suggestions here not DIY tips.

Call me an extreme power mizer... I put my amp-meter on it while all the indoor units were off and it was still pulling about 1.2 amps. Keeping the compressor warm and sending a little power to the indoor units so they can read signals from the remotes. I figured if I wasn't going to be running it for 10-12 hours at a time, then it might as well be completely off. A big mistake in hindsite!

fliks,

Yes, I did mis-read your post, I apologize.

Brent,

I wasn't aware of this feature before having the problem. I only became aware of it when I started digging into all the online manuals. I've checked all the things in the service manual in the Troubleshooting section and everything checks out. Thus my conclusion of damaged reed valves in the compressor since I was supposed to leave the power on to keep the compressor warm. There has to be a good reason to keep it warm. I do have a licensed professional that will come to check it out, but I live up in the mountains about a 3 hour drive for him. Building and checking circuits isn't foreign to me, so I figured I'd do what I could before I have him drive out.

wow! to save 1.2 amps.

sure hope you'll let us know what tech says.
    maybe it will be a small issue!

best of luck.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12