Evacuation Times Vs. Hose Diameter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJC6JHAu9I8

Ok so as you will see in the video I compared evacuation times with different size hoses.. Here are the results in mins:secs

Using the AK900 Manifold with all 1/4" diameter hoses and schraders installed: 19:53

AK900 Manifold with (2) 1/4" hoses and center 3/8" hose schraders installed: 9:18

One 1/4" hose directly to pump with schraders installed: 9:10

One 1/4" hose No schrader installed: 3:50

One 3/8" hose No schrader installed: 1:50

One 1/2" hose No schrader installed: 1:19

So I concluded evacuating through your manifold causes an added restriction and increases the amount of time to get to the same 300 micron value. Even with (2) 1/4" hoses and (1) 3/8" "vacuum" hose I can still pull that small length of tube down faster with one 1/4" hose, leaving out the manifold.. Now we really start cooking once we pull them schrader cores out..

Also in the video I used two different micron gauges. I still find myself using the Thermal Eng. Gauge every now and then. THere is something about it I like..

Let me know what you guys think.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Nice post and video!

Did you break the vacuum with n2 or air? Just wondering if water vapor in the air has an effect.

What happen to your partner in crime?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrj View Post
    Nice post and video!

Did you break the vacuum with n2 or air? Just wondering if water vapor in the air has an effect.
    Air. Let it sit about a min. open to the atmosphere in between tests.

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Air. Let it sit about a min. open to the atmosphere in between tests.
    Good, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    What happen to your partner in crime?
    He's still around... Somewhere lol. Work has not been going good for him lately. Im sure you heard. So he kinda lost the drive for the trade a little it seems.. He got this car that is his new love..

Good to see you. I would think now that you have a laptop tied to your hip you would be on more but that doesnt seem the be the case lol

Pascone Is the thermal calibrated to the number stamped on the sensor or the bluvac?
    My TE works good if you calibrate it to match the bluvac reading then switch back to the cal mode and go off the new cal number and disregard the stamped value
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    He's still around... Somewhere lol. Work has not been going good for him lately. Im sure you heard. So he kinda lost the drive for the trade a little it seems.. He got this car that is his new love..

Good to see you. I would think now that you have a laptop tied to your hip you would be on more but that doesnt seem the be the case lol
    I kinda heard....

It also seems the more you use a computer for work........the less time you use you computer for personal time!

But back to the original subject.....all I can add is "I hate any system with POE oil." I would like to see a video......with some mineral oil in the pipe vs some POE oil in the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Pascone Is the thermal calibrated to the number stamped on the sensor or the bluvac?
    My TE works good if you calibrate it to match the bluvac reading then switch back to the cal mode and go off the new cal number and disregard the stamped value
    Thats was the stamped value. When the BluVac hit 500 microns when I was pulling through the manifold ( longest amount of time) the thermal was dead on. Below 300 it read about 50 microns lower.. But it the range that it was calibrated ( 500 ) it was right there..

ASCJ that POE pisses me off. Ive been using the Bluvac the most and I cant get below 1000 microns with (2) 1/2" hoses on built up equipment. So there is some line set length involved but damn. I cant go back in 2 days to get to 500 microns or lower.. If I will ever even get there..

I try to do my best but sometimes you just cant get those textbook numbers as much as I would like to.

Great video. Thanks for taking the time!