Confused Goodman CTK03AA Thermostat Crashing

Hi All,
    I am experiencing a problem on my new Amana Heat Pump System with the thermostat. The system is 6 weeks old.

I have a AVPTC313714AA AHU with 10kW of single stage Aux heat and a ASZC180361AC heat pump with a CTK03AA controlling.

The system works well in heating mode ( it is going on winter here so have not been able to check AC ) . It follows schedule, maintains a nice temperature in the house and all is good on that end of it.

The troubles occur in the "Comfortnet User Menu" sub menus. I can log in using the thermostat's date code and perform some functions, like change air flows, view error codes, etc but after about a minute or two the display freezes, and in another minute or so the thermostat shuts off and reboots. There are no error codes left behind after this event to indicate why it crashed. This crashing is 100% repeatable.

It has behaved like this from the first day it was installed.

I had the installer out yesterday to fix this issue and a few other minor punch list things. Unfortunately this is a new thermostat for this company, so they have no experience with any bugs. He called Goodman support and they declared the Thermostat was defective. Based on what Goodman said, the poor guy drove 45 minutes each way to get a new one. This new one did the same thing.

After much back and forth from 9AM to 2PM, talking to Goodman, he got no real diagnosis and to what was going on.

Anyone out there have any experience with this configuration I could pass on the the Installer. He is very frustrated, to say the least.

Thanks, Tim

OOPS I posted in wrong forum. Mods Please move to Owners Forum. Thanks...

It's not just a new thermostat for the company.
    It's a new thermostat for the industry.

I've put in honeywell's IAQ/prestige for awhile, along with the CTK01's. Never had that problem.

Last I checked (3 weeks ago), my distributer couldn't even get that thermostat yet.
    I'm not surprised it's having issues. You got the first batch.

Just to be curious.
    Why are you getting into the installer menus?
    Modifying those settings are for installers only.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Moved to AOP Residential.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I bet there is a time out designed into the board that will cause a reset after x amount of time.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Thanks for letting me know I am on the bleeding edge. and there is not going to be a big experience base out there to share with. I have faith that Goodman will make it right eventually.

Over all it is a really nice piece of work. Performs very well keeping the temperature steady in the house ( which is the main objective of a thermostat! ) and internet connectivity seems very solid, which is important as it is a second home for us.

This is not the main installer's setup menu that is crashing; as far as I could tell that one did not crash when the tech setup the system.

The one we are having trouble with is the "ComfortNet User Menu".

Thermostat has crashed in the alarm history submenu for both the Heat Pump and the AHU and also in the fan speed trim submenu while viewing the entries.

A bit of the backstory:
    I had a couple of "no air flow" alarms early on when the unit went from defrost back to normal heat pump. Unit was operating, went to defrost cycle, exited defrost, started back up on heat pump with high blower speed, then silence as the AHU shutdown. The outdoor unit kept running in heatpump mode. Then the alarm came up on screen sayig no airflow and the the outdoor unit stopped also, as it should. In a minute or so everything reset and restarted. We never did find out what went on there. It has only done this twice, the last time about a month ago so that may be an open issue.

While looking at the alarm history submenu to pass on information to the contractor, it crashed. It also crashed while looking at fan speed trim adjustment.

I also was in there looking at the actual CFM claimed by the AHU, which is only available under the "User Menu" to calculate and verify BTU output for several outdoor air temperatures. It did not seem to have a problem there.

No I am not trying to "DIY" this but rather try and find out what is going on and get it corrected. The concern is that if this feature is messed and unstable, what else may pop-up if we are not there to see it?

The tech is stumped and frustrated with Goodman as they don't seem to have a handle on this.

Tim