I am installing a nat gas cook top in my kitchen and I have to move my gas line.I will have to move it across the attic and down the wall.once at the wall I will install the valve and use a 48" 1/2 appliance hose to run under the counter to the cooktop.As far as I know the shut of has to be with in 48" of appliance.Does anybody else know if there are any other regs to follow when running flex under the counter or inside the cabinets.I am also going to be putting in an island and I am running power to it for outlets.The conduit is going to be in the floor which is concrete.Is there a cetain depth that conduit must be in the foundation from the floor.Iv'e been a service tech all my career and don't no many codes and regs
    Thanks
    I am only as good as the problems I've solved.

Run the hard pipe all the way to the appliance & than use a flex connector. I would not run thru cabinet walls & I would be surprised if code would allow.

Hard pipe is the way to go. It's more durable and the gas connector is a good idea too.

All flex has to be exposed.

Are you questioning the depth of conduit below the surface of a concrete slab ? you asked about foundation which is a different component --
    the deeper the better --
    the best way is to cut the concrete, then break out the concrete between the cuts.
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

The flex will be exposed.I am gonna run the pipe all the way to the cooktop and then just use flex of the valve.As for the conduit it the concrete slab That is my question.How deep does it have to be.I've got my circ saw with a diamond blade and my hilti hammer drill with a chipping bit ready and of course my PPE.
    I am only as good as the problems I've solved.

use elec nonmetallic conduit -- "encased" in concrete-- the bigger the better --

I would run two 0.75" ones -- power in one, CATV & ph in the other -- or ____ in 10y
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!