Question

I would like to hear any feedback about Duke equipment you may have. I have been the refrigeration production supervisor for almost 4 years and have 14 yrs field service prior to joining Duke. I am constantly trying to improve our products and reduce warranty issues, so if you have had issuses with servicing our equipment, I would value the input. Thanks.

Duke was known in tech circles as having very high prices on the food warmer tables such as elements and temp. controllers.I think they've gone down due to competion from generic parts.

i would like to do warranty service on duke equipment.email is in profile.

I work for KFC,, we have started using DUKE holding trays, I have done work on them before didn't care for the way you have to disassemdle them to replace the heater, would like to be able to use the port to reprogram them when needed, It seems that al you need is a cord and the program software.

Originally posted by besttech
    i would like to do warranty service on duke equipment.email is in profile.
    Please contact the service department @ 1-800-735-3853 Option 5, thanks for coming onboard!

Originally posted by dmp3_16hvac/r
    I work for KFC,, we have started using DUKE holding trays, I have done work on them before didn't care for the way you have to disassemdle them to replace the heater, would like to be able to use the port to reprogram them when needed, It seems that al you need is a cord and the program software.
    Thanks for the suggestions, I know we are doing more with the group (YUM Corp) that owns KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers, A&W, so we appreciate the comments. These holding trays are similar to McD's for their products. I worked on them years ago and these are much better than those were. If you need items for repair/servicing these units call service @ 1-800-735-3853 Option 5, they can fix you up!

Duke

We do alot of warranty work on your equipment. Not trying to be negative but Ive found lots of refrigerant leaks on the new subway make tables that have the rails. Quite a few convection oven calls also. I wish Duke would have left the idea of the flame switch on the ovens out. Maybe a flame sensor with ignition module could have worked better but would make for more expensive parts for repair.

Originally posted by refrigsuper
    I would like to hear any feedback about Duke equipment you may have. I have been the refrigeration production supervisor for almost 4 years and have 14 yrs field service prior to joining Duke. I am constantly trying to improve our products and reduce warranty issues, so if you have had issuses with servicing our equipment, I would value the input. Thanks.
    I service quite a few Subways, haven't had issuses yet with your new bain units, how do you get the rail in the center to cool? some type of gylco sol'n or what?
    Never, I repeat, Never change the way you make your hot wells best design out there. pull out pan and change element from top. well you do have to make wire connection from bottom, but thats easy too.
    Want to see how to screw up, go look at that "D" company from michigan, there combo wells SUCK. Replacement of the heating element requires two guys as you have to drop the condensing unit to get at the two elements. You'd think at least they would have an update kit so you could mount condensing unit on floor while doing this repair. I have 6 of these units to service.
    Glad to see the "white shirts", recognizing the value of having field experience in the office.
    So you didn't ask, what you though was a stupid question. Now how, are you going to tell the boss about your stupid screw up?

Originally posted by ndfrozen
    I service quite a few Subways, haven't had issuses yet with your new bain units, how do you get the rail in the center to cool? some type of gylco sol'n or what?
    Never, I repeat, Never change the way you make your hot wells best design out there. pull out pan and change element from top. well you do have to make wire connection from bottom, but thats easy too.
    Want to see how to screw up, go look at that "D" company from michigan, there combo wells SUCK. Replacement of the heating element requires two guys as you have to drop the condensing unit to get at the two elements. You'd think at least they would have an update kit so you could mount condensing unit on floor while doing this repair. I have 6 of these units to service.
    Glad to see the "white shirts", recognizing the value of having field experience in the office.
    Thanks for the kind comments about the hot wells, I will pass that along to that supervisor.
    As far as the center channel, all three are individual evaporator circuits.

Originally posted by ndfrozen
    Yea, we have improved our brazing and leak checking processes. Early models had some leaks that a 500 micron leak check would not cathch, however, vibration from shipping and runtime made them spring up.
    Thanks for the feedback.

say, any chance you could post Duke website info
    I had a call from a customer needing a soft ice cream unit looked at - Duke 957R1320, model number from them over phone. I have not yet looked at the equipment and I do not have much experience in this area, however due to the severe shortage of any qualified techs in the region I said that I could look into it for them (unlikely they would be able to find anyone within the next few months to even look at it!). Unit is apparantly not cycling one of the compressors as they would expect it to after temp gets down to 10'? Just thought someone might point me in the right direction or be able to refer me to some product literature so I can learn about it before going to site. They have been running it this way for a long time now, so no panic.

disregard last post, that I hear is HC Duke, different company and products

very expensive parts for older ovens