Thread: CVGF oil sump

CVGF oil sump

Hi all,
    In a CVGF unit (TRANE centrifugal with R134a) I have to open oil sump. The gasket is obsolete and I have instruction for LOCTITE 515. 515 cannot be found in Europe.
    Have you ever use other products like Loctite 510 or 518?
    What is your opinion?
    Thank you and regards,
    CV

can you get a gasket cut at a shop?

If you follow the link below you see that the other two products you have nominated are not the same as 515; I have never used them. Here in Australia 515 has an AGA certificate, the other two don't (not sure how significant this is). Is the oil pump attached to the sump side plate? You need to be a little cautious with a gasket as not all materials are compatible with R134a. If you definitely can't get 515 there then I'd be going back to your Loctite distributor and asking for their recommendations with some sort of guaranty on their part. Incidentally, in case you aren't aware, you can get it from Trane as a spare part #SEL00376.

<http://www.loctite.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/henkel_aue/hs.xsl/3320_AUE_HTML.htm?&countryCode=aue&BU=industrial&p arentredDotUID=productfinder&redDotUID=productfind er&param1=brandRedDotUID%3D0000000389|x%3D0|subsub applicationRedDotUID%3D|subapplicationRedDotUID%3D |mode%3Dadvanced|applicationRedDotUID%3D000000026V |y%3D342|pageIndex%3D0|action%3Dsearch|>

We just had a discussion on the loctight
    See this
    http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....ssure-chillers
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Loctite and gaskets

Over here Loctite 567 is a general purpose thread sealer suitable for most commonly used refrigerants; 544 doesn't seem to be available. Not sure how that fits for CV in Europe. 515 here is a flexible gasket replacement although Trane, as far as I am aware, uses and recommends it for non-gasketed surfaces as well as with O rings.