+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DanFoss

Post Likes

DanFoss

Whose having issues with mstp bacnet cards in Danfoss drives... NAEs and Jaces for the front end,,,,,
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    What issues are you having? we are doing an indentical setup- startup will be next month.

Post Likes
    Done probably 20+ of these drives in the past 12 months connecting to a Reliable Controls MACH-Pro series with little to no issues. The biggest issue I have come across is the drives BACnet card not seated into the drive connection. Also the new drives do not require the wires from the drive to the comm card, just make sure it is seated well ( I have the installers remove and re-seat each one before integration).

Some more details on the issues you are experience might help in diagnoses the issues and finding a resolution.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Online offline Instance numbers and mac address all different 38 kbps, Jace 7.... Only the danfoss drives are offline/online, the rest of the devices are staying online with no issues. JCI FECs and veris power meter. I went and checked all again and set max masters to highest mac plus one and info frames to 10. Did not check the wiring plugs for tightness. Any other suggestions...
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    Online offline Instance numbers and mac address all different 38 kbps, Jace 7.... Only the danfoss drives are offline/online, the rest of the devices are staying online with no issues. JCI FECs and veris power meter. I went and checked all again and set max masters to highest mac plus one and info frames to 10. Did not check the wiring plugs for tightness. Any other suggestions...
    Any luck? The drives I have are supposedly "embedded" Bacnet but I can't discover...

Post Likes
    I am having problems with the Embedded card as well I found the mac Address I set it too which was 4 I couldn't find it on the comm link changed it to 8 then it worked I only had 2 other devices on the link at the time they were mac add 1 and 2 after I set it to 8 I changed it back to 4 and now I can see it there. But I am getting quite a few comm drops from it now I have 27 devices total and the only thing that drops is the VFD. Something doesn't smell right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controldude View Post
    I am having problems with the Embedded card as well I found the mac Address I set it too which was 4 I couldn't find it on the comm link changed it to 8 then it worked I only had 2 other devices on the link at the time they were mac add 1 and 2 after I set it to 8 I changed it back to 4 and now I can see it there. But I am getting quite a few comm drops from it now I have 27 devices total and the only thing that drops is the VFD. Something doesn't smell right.
    Dan Foss sent out their rep and got it fixed. Apparently, version 4.0 was never supposed to be shipped, but we ended up with 8 of them. I guess the patch is 4.0.1. Once mapped- it seems pretty stable. Aside from the discovery not working, I actually have enjoyed the menu - parameter functions.

Post Likes
    Thanks, Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in