Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snug as bugs

Snug as bugs

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377023403.215318.jpg
Views: 1823
Size:  39.3 KB

For some reason our air cooled self contained ice machines just won't make as much ice as they should.

Let me guess, the water supply is probably hard piped with hard copper so you can't slide the machines out either.

ya and probably fed by hot water
    I know everything about HVAC/R until i go to the next call.

The first one didnt keep up with demand so we got another, now it looks like we need 3.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Not sure how the one on the right is even working if it's air cooled. Nowhere for the discharge air to go and it's probably sucking in the discharge air from the unit on the left.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Not sure how the one on the right is even working if it's air cooled. Nowhere for the discharge air to go and it's probably sucking in the discharge air from the unit on the left.
    That would be exactly rite. Poor thing.

Poor things can't breathe

Found one once. Plummers installed a ice machine. tapped into a copper line. Tennants complained about funny tasting water and ice. Building is served by water source heatpumps. Water tap was into the open loop treated condenser water line. Company on that floor sued the hell out of the plummers.
    Damn phosgene

Quote Originally Posted by bustedknuckles View Post
    Found one once. Plummers installed a ice machine. tapped into a copper line. Tennants complained about funny tasting water and ice. Building is served by water source heatpumps. Water tap was into the open loop treated condenser water line. Company on that floor sued the hell out of the plummers.
    DOH!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

That is situation you can't win so you are better off leaving. These are the type customer that has used hacks and no matter what you say they will say it worked like this for years and it is just you don't know what your talking about. After 35 years in this buisness nothing surprises me anymore.

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
    Just keep this going by converting both to water cooled, or remote condensers. The customer will call you a genius!
    “You don't get paid for the hour. You get paid for the value you bring to the hour.” Jim Rohn

at least they were smart enough to take down the boxes that they had before they made the call. usually these things are all under a pile of cups or boxes or godknowswhatelse.

A little on and a little off topic here.....

In the city I live in, a company tapped a water main for a new branch. The homeowners kept getting clogged plumbing. Turns out that someone had looped into a forced sewer main. People were getting toilet paper and tampons clogging their water meter inlets.

I got so sick when I heard about it. It wasn't made public. I think the public had a right to know. You could catch hella diseases that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast