Brewery - Building a Glycol Chiller System

Hi All,
    I own a brewery and we cool our tanks by using a home built glycol chiller I slapped together with a walk in freezer unit. System works fine for cooling two of our beer tanks, however we are growing and I need to put a bigger system in place (currently 1/2 HP).

I have pulled quotes for a number of chillers and the price ranges are not economical right now. My thought is to build a new system myself and put in two 1 HP units (redundancy). I'd like to increase the efficiency of the new system by using a heat exchanger to pump the refrigerant and glycol through. My question is what do folks recommend for this type of configuration? I've came across the company Alfa Laval, would a brazed plate heat exchanger work in this configuration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Justin

Justin, I am very interested in the craft brewery growth. My sons are trying to get one started. Unfortunately, from your post it doesn't sound like you are in the HVAC trade. This is not a DIY site and by the rules of the site none of the regular or professional members should be offering up suggestions on how you could go about making a glycol chiller.

Perhaps you can befriend a professional in your area who might be able to help you out. Best of luck to you.

No worries

I'll talk to some of HVAC folks I know locally to get a better idea. Thanks!

-Justin

Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Justin, I am very interested in the craft brewery growth. My sons are trying to get one started. Unfortunately, from your post it doesn't sound like you are in the HVAC trade. This is not a DIY site and by the rules of the site none of the regular or professional members should be offering up suggestions on how you could go about making a glycol chiller.

Perhaps you can befriend a professional in your area who might be able to help you out. Best of luck to you.

Cold Shot Chillers can help