FX60 station wont run? IBM j9j file problem

Hi, I have somehow managed to nobble my fx60 test controller. After having an issue with it accepting a station copy, I tried using a "clean dist" file from workbench. I then loaded on tridium 3.5.25 onto it. Now it wont run with the message "IBM-j9j2me is not licenced station cannot run"
    Can anyone shed some light on what this component is?
    A colleague suggested that due to it being a JCI FX60, tridium distros wont work on it, and that getting a licence for this component will be an exercise in pulling teeth.

Can anyone please shed some light on this? what do I need to do to restore it to running again? What is the deal with the IBMj9j file? Thanks

It sounds like you might be using 3.6 and not 3.5. Starting in 3.6 the fx60 uses the Sun Hotspot JVM instead of the IBM J9 VM. For a fx60 which is licensed for 3.6 it should have a feature in the license for Sun Hotspot. The fx20 or fx40 would have a feature for IBM J9 in the license for 3.6.

In builds prior to 3.6 there should be no license checks for the IBM J9 or Sun Hotspot features.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein

OK thanks. The version I was using is definitely 3.5.25 from JCI workbench. I kind of stuffed up, it was more or less a training exercise that went somewhat sideways. As such I need to get it back running demo stations fairly quickly lol.
    So with the licences, is the device itself only licenced to run one particular version? I ask this because workbench only allowed one version (the rest grayed out) to be loaded onto it, so I assumed this had to be correct.
    Most important though what must I do now to get it running stations again?
    Thanks

Have you tried checking for an updated license from the license server?

Your license should have a feature such as this, which is from my JACE 6 demo license.

<feature name="ibmj9j2me" expiration="2013-03-31" rev="2.3" parts="J-600-DEMO"/>
    <feature name="sunj2se" expiration="2013-03-31" rev="5" parts="VM-SUN, J-600-DEMO"/>

The first line of the license file specifies what major version of the software the license is valid for.

<license version="3.6" vendor="Tridium"

For example, if the license version is "3.6" you can install and run any 3.6 version. You can also install any builds at a lower major version level, so you could also install 3.3 or 3.4 or 3.5 build using the same license. The license is valid for the specified version and any lower major version.
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not every thing that counts can be counted - Albert Einstein