Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You could install a dryer vent box, they make them totally recessed for 2x6 walls and partially recessed for 2x4 walls. Just be carefull about the dryer wiring inside the wall when the cut is made. Newly built Home?? In Maryland the 120 volt plug is upside down, not to code!

Use tin snips to cut, you can cut it as close as you need to just make sure you have enough room to connect the flex or periscope to it. I don't think the periscope will get you any closer than 5-6" from the wall though.

Those periscoping tubes are horribly bad to use.

Consider a homemade dryer stand. Raise the dryer up about a foot, then vent dryer through the bottom. As an added bonus you don't have to stoop over to get things out of the dryer. Its what I did @ my own home.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    You could install a dryer vent box, they make them totally recessed for 2x6 walls and partially recessed for 2x4 walls. Just be carefull about the dryer wiring inside the wall when the cut is made. Newly built Home?? In Maryland the 120 volt plug is upside down, not to code!
    is it common for the plug to be upside down? is it a rookie contractor or something? and now that we are talking about this i just realized i did the same thing in a walkin yesterday. sh!t, now i gotta go back.

Fix the door--not the dryer. Then install the dryer right in front of this vent. Maytag sells three snorkel kits but I recommend against them as they tend to clog up. All venting must be male end downstream and no screws or penetrations--use band clamps or UL 181 listed foil tape. Flex connector is 4" diameter and must be listed to UL 2158a. No plastic or metal foil flex and it must be trimmed to the minimum length that does the job.

Back to the door: you can change the swing another way, change it to a bi-fold or other door, or install a curtain or hippie beads.

If you got a home inspection and this was not called out, you probably have some recourse against him if you have to spend a lot of money to deal with it. This should have been picked up.

They changed the code recently, I know when we change out a defective plug the ground must be up. Told by the Electrician that's so if something's dropped it will hit the ground prong not the hot. Don't know if its national code or just local.

put the dryer where you want it andcut a new hole for the dryer vent then trim the existing one flush and seal it off ,
    We really need change now

exactly what he said.that is the easiest solution.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    put the dryer where you want it andcut a new hole for the dryer vent then trim the existing one flush and seal it off ,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12