Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane CRHE compressor info

need to start up a 75 ton recip on an old unit and need something to freshen up my memory on these beasts. any ideas on a good manual for these compressors? setting and checking unloaders net oil pressure etc? Thanks

r404a

I dont have any manuals for them but just check it over like anything else, unloader operation, amps, temps, everything. Do you have suction pressure operated unloaders or electric?

I have seen the listed net oil pressure in the 70psi range, but I normally see it in the 50-60 range on rebuilt compressors. There is a port on the unloader handhole cover kind of below and to the left of the oil sight glass, thats the oil pressure pressure port.

Keep suction superheat above 15 degrees and discharge temps below 200 and it will live a long life.

It has been a while since I have work on one of those.

Maybe if I dig I can find something for you.

Look at this for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This has some more info
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for the replies

check your email.
    "Mother" is the name for God on the lips and hearts of children....The Crow

Have a new reman trane crhe100 R22 compressor oil net pressure on start last year 73psi This year start up check found net oil at 40psi running unloaded at 60psi suction. This is 2nd compressor from Trane installed under warranty with oil problem. First compressor oil pump failed on it. I think Trane may have problem with oil pumps in these compressors. Anyone have similar problems with Tranes reman compressors>?
    An astronaut stuck in space was asked by a reporter, "How do you feel?"
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

"do it right or do it twice"

We just had 3 of these compressors fail in the last few months from oil pressure problems. I only saw 1 of the 3 and it had so much metal flake in the oil it looked like anti-seize.

just opened up compressor today 10 months after start up, found main bearing seized and worn end bearing. Not good!
    "How would you feel," the astronaut replied, "if you were stuck here, on top of 20,000 parts each one supplied by the lowest bidder?"

Quote Originally Posted by hvacdoctor View Post
    just opened up compressor today 10 months after start up, found main bearing seized and worn end bearing. Not good!
    End bearings looks like swiss cheese the wall is so worn out its almost paper thin.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacdoctor View Post
    End bearings looks like swiss cheese the wall is so worn out its almost paper thin.
    Check your oil pressure differential switch. It should have tripped long before that.

No idea how happy I was to find this thread! Just other day had a CRHE045 say crunch- thought it was odd to see the oil switch diff at 30 psi seemed high to me- was going out on oil safety oil level not barley a ripple in the bottom of the sight glass and squealing during time delay- added oil and brought net oil pressure to around 40 at 2/3 load but still oil level still barley visible at bottom. Long story longer oil safety stays made... I'm cleaning up and checking a few other things.... Then ccccrrrriuuunnnchhh my heart sank to my stomach- oh yea removed heads- sure thing - rods busted- I naturally beat the sh*+ outta my self for awhile but including what I've read here 40 psi net oil is not high for this compressor. My mistake was thAt I should've disabled the unloaders and ran it for awhile and then see however I'm under the impression that the actual net oil pressure shouldn't change much with loading stages anyways i

From what I read the pressure should be highter during unloading. I think using an adjustable oil diff control is the best way, you can set it the way you want it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast