Temperature control or Pressure control ?

OK Guys,
    When it comes to med-temp refrigeration (matched or miss-matched units)
    You can control temperature by a temperature control or a pressure control. What's your choice of control when and why?

I ask this question as my main concern is to prevent ice build-up on coils and eliminating defrost cycles/timers keeping products at a constant temperature.

I like temp controls for most, but use pressure controls on R-404-A. 404 Is hard to control in medium temp situations as there is a slim margin of error, and cutoff is so high

Constant Cut-in type for reach-in applications. Defrost the coil in off cycle.
    Pump down for w/i coolers with remote condenser.

When i have to replace an orit in a dual case , my boss whant i replace bye thermostat solenoid but i think controlled temp by pressure is better.

What are we talking about specifically?

A thermostat vs a pressurestat? I'll take a thermostat any day of the week.

Now, if we're talking about using an ORI pressure regulator valve, I'll take that over either of the above.

JP makes a good point about defining what we're discussing here.

A lot depends upon the application. If your talking about a typical walk-in cooler, then I recommend thermostat & solenoid with pumpdown control and timeclock.

If it's a self-contained service deli case with a gravity coil, I prefer a low pressure control with a timeclock.

If you have any system with an outdoor remote condensing unit, that pretty much rules out a pressure control.

Johnson Controls has a Digital A419 Temp. control that works great and is very accurate.