Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog food

Hybrid View

dog food

i have 3 dogs. a rottie, a akita and a border collie. these dogs are eating me into the poor house. i have been feeding them blue buffalo dog food. 50 bucks for a 30 lb bag. it doesnt last very long.

what dog foods do yinz guyz use?
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

We're feeding our dogs "taste of the wild" brand. We get it at Tractor Supply.

Before that, we fed Eukanuba.

Both were pricey foods.

Every vet I've talked to says that you'll feed less food with the premium foods.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

Both were pricey foods.

Every vet I've talked to says that you'll feed less food with the premium foods.
    we used eukanuba when my lab was a pup. he couldn't hold it down. we have been through many brands and now we feed him dads. he is twelve years old and thinks he is 5. but he doesn't have much time left. we also fed him puppy chow when he was a puppy and boy did it make him hyper.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

Both were pricey foods.

why is this? do you leave food out for him all day? i feed my dog 2 cups twice per day. plus he gets a dog "biscut" every time he comes in from outside and i give him a beggin strip when we go to bed every night. he waits for me to go to bed every night unless it gets to be after midnight.lol.
    does anyone elses dog know when it's time to eat? like clockwork at 6:30 he stares at us with ears up and as soon as you move he jumps. funny as h#@l

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    why is this? do you leave food out for him all day? i feed my dog 2 cups twice per day. plus he gets a dog "biscut" every time he comes in from outside and i give him a beggin strip when we go to bed every night. he waits for me to go to bed every night unless it gets to be after midnight.lol.
    does anyone elses dog know when it's time to eat? like clockwork at 6:30 he stares at us with ears up and as soon as you move he jumps. funny as h#@l

haha. my wife's granddaughter does the same thing.

these dogs eat better than i do. i have been thinking about just cooking them chicken and rice. it would probably be cheaper but they may be missing vitamins and minerals that comes in the processed dog food.
    IV IV IX

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    these dogs eat better than i do. i have been thinking about just cooking them chicken and rice. it would probably be cheaper but they may be missing vitamins and minerals that comes in the processed dog food.
    during salmon season a 3rd party company comes every day to pick up our fish carcasses. he sells them to dog food manufacturers. he would not tell me brands but he did say most of the top manufacturers. it kidof bothers me that they use it for pet food and we can't put them in the ground because it is concidered hazerdis waste.

during salmon season a 3rd party company comes every day to pick up our fish carcasses. he sells them to dog food manufacturers. he would not tell me brands but he did say most of the top manufacturers. it kidof bothers me that they use it for pet food and we can't put them in the ground because it is concidered hazerdis waste.
    Its what helps our pets with their glowing personalities is what I am thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    i never thought of it like that. the salmon do swim right by the nuke plant and thats where we get alot of crazy fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    now that i think about it, you didn't drink the water while we were there did you?

now that i think about it, you didn't drink the water while we were there did you?
    Yup and it now glows in the dark, The wifey kinda digs it

i have been up your way when the mud sharks are dying. i would guess there are tons of hazerdous waste in those rivers
    IV IV IX

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    i have been up your way when the mud sharks are dying. i would guess there are tons of hazerdous waste in those rivers
    good god man, it gets nasty towards the end of october.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast