Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Your LED flashing just tells you it didn't fire and it's locked out. The flapper material is apart of servicing.

Please, read the service manual I provided!

Could i get that manual as well? I've worked on a couple of these over the years. I sometimes have problems getting that spark plug ignitor out. Any tips with that? Also, its almost impossible to get replacement parts anymore. I called lennox for a plug and a control and they didn't have any!!! i found another HVAC company in Wisconsin that sold me the parts!

Thanks for any info you can send my way!

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    G21 service-
    Attachment 337621
    Must have overlooked it
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

I think steady flash means the control is bad or solid light can't remember. Them pulses go through controls a lot so might look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    the pressure switch on a lenox pulse is normally closed and then it proves opened. silly i know
    switch is normally closed and only opens for a blocked intake or exhaust.

solid light on control is normal, flashing means unit failed to ignite and is in 1 hour watchguard mode, after 1 hour it will try again.

had 1 friday not sending power to GV, new module and it took right off.

I remember my first pulse, it wouldn't fire, same exact issue. I diagnosed the fan delay as bad lol, it was one of my first times troubleshooting also. The best part was it was an hour drive, and the second trip I swapped parts and you guessed it still didn't work. Then I figured it was the control and had one next day air then find out one tech had 3 In his van later on. It was such a mess he didn't even know.

ok, thanks for the correction ed

Leave the "Pulse" and the Liability of it,to a Lennox Tech. Need special tools.

Quote Originally Posted by lolson View Post
    Must have overlooked it
    I did. Thanks

If parts were still available i would buy the specialized tools, but replacement of this furnace is usually a better route according to age and part availability.

I do enjoy gaining the knowledge on how to repair and troubleshoot either way.

If it hasn't been pressure tested I strongly suggest they get it done. They are positive pressure HX and will become dangerous. You don't see many anymore because all of the HXs cracked, they have a lifetime warranty so the HO will get some cash back.

The last one I worked on had dirt dauber nest in the flu pipe just before it went through the roof. Cleaned the dauber nest out and pulse furnace took off. The installer did not install screens in flu pipe.

I went back this morning and pulled the inducer cover. I removed the screws holding the flapper and cleaned it. I put it back together and fired the pulse up. I stopped and started it several times and headed to another call.... Thanks Guys for all the good informantion, expecially the service manual.

Quote Originally Posted by welling service View Post
    The last one I worked on had dirt dauber nest in the flu pipe just before it went through the roof. Cleaned the dauber nest out and pulse furnace took off. The installer did not install screens in flu pipe.

screens are not allowed in the flu pipe, they will freeze up.

had one last week, the day after roofers were there.
    they cut the concentric off to change the roof flange and only installed a coupling on the outer pipe.......

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    If it hasn't been pressure tested I strongly suggest they get it done. They are positive pressure HX and will become dangerous. You don't see many anymore because all of the HXs cracked, they have a lifetime warranty so the HO will get some cash back.
    Is their no other way to test the pulse heat exchanger besides pressurizing them? Could a combustion analysis readings be used? I think i was told a combustion analysis could not be used..

Is the Lennox pressure test kit still available? If so, where can i procure one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast