Snow Hill, Maryland ; About 45 minutes from Ocean City Maryland

New Guy On The Block Introduction

Well its finally nice to officially be a part of the Hvac-talk community. With its various levels of experience and highest levels of professionalism I hope to fit in here somewhere.

I have always liked working with my hands, something I picked up from my dad. I think the first thing he ever showed me was how to change my flat tire on my bike. Then it was how to tighten the chain. I then started to take the wheels off, the guts out of the rims, etc. Before I Knew it, I was taking everything off, sanding the frame down and repainting it.

Then I moved up to watching/helping my dad with cars. I will never forgot when he brought in a carburator to rebuild it on the kitchen table at which time my mom had a few choice words for him. These were my early years. In HS my favorite classes were gym and shop. I went into the Navy at 21 and learned about electricity and electronics and how to use different types of test equipment. After getting out in '96 I started working for the USPS. I have always done the maintenance on my vehicles but have only worked in maintenance for the postal service for about 4 years, 2 of those years have been in the HVACR maintenance dept. which is my present assignment. I have been to several schools that are offered through the USPS to include Basic HVAC, Boilers, Industrial Electricity. I am scheduled for Roof Top units next year. I do have my EPA universal certification which covers the basics as far as charging, discharging systems. Soldering/Brazing copper pipe, etc.

I am going to try and start a little business on the side, but not sure what tools to get. I have most of the handtools, DMM's, clamp on ammeter, etc. What I need is a decent vacuum pump, manifold gauges, and recovery unit. My instructor says yellow jacket is pretty good. I will also be using my manifold gauges for automobile ac systems which is R 134A in my case.

In any event it is again a pleasure to be here, and I look forward to learning as much as possible from the HVAC professionals who have done this stuff for years as well as my desire to help others to the extent possible.

Thanks,
    Rob

Welcome Rob!

Thanks Brent, its nice to be welcomed into the HVAC community. I forgot to mention that after I got out of the Navy I was able to go back to school and get my Bachelors Degree which if I had not hung around with the smart guys would have probably never graduated.
    Just read that I was not suppose to ask technical questions in the introduction. Sorry about that.

Does anyone know why I cant post a question in the Tech to Tech Residential forum?