Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    your happieness/ comfort will most important in the end ! Get quotes for other equipment as trane is one of the highest priced though in my opinion may not be the most dependable? Not that any others are either but do your homework a good installer is the right way to go with any equipment Made. Get refrences, talk with coworkers , neibors . And like has been said kiss keep it simple so even stupid can fix it

Yes, I've decided to go with two systems versus a single 2-zoned system. I just don't get the warm and fuzzy that a zoned system will be installed correctly or that a single 5 ton unit will cool 3400 sq ft in the Houston heat and humidity. This conclusion was made based on the feedback from this site and talking with neighbors who are in the same situation and have hot houses and high elec bills.

Now I'm into the hard part which is finding a good contractor. I've had 3 our so far. One of which gave the bid I posted here. The others just quoted condenser sizes and a price that was equivalent to buying a new car. Ugggh. This is frustrating.

I've asked friends and neighbors for recommendations and have come up with either folks that weren't happy with the install or recs based on simple repairs. Very few folks I know have had an entire system replaced.

I have 2 more contractors in mind and am trying to get a visit scheduled. Hopefully one of them will be competent and honest.

dan sw fl - I need as much good luck as I can get!

ask visiting contractors for a few referals of recent installs ?? and know theyll be satisfied / happy customers ,ask for pictures of their work its kind of like proud pa-pa theyll want to show off if their any good at it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123