+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEW TO THE INDUSTRY

Post Likes

NEW TO THE INDUSTRY

HI ALL i just graduated last week from the harv program at a local comm collage in north central floridia. Now iam looking for a company in which to start my new carreer at. my questions is does anybody know of anyone hiring in the Gainesville area of floridia?At this point i am willing to take any posistion that i can get just to get my foot in the door. Any comments would be very helpfull and appreciated. thank you

Post Likes
    stick around and someone from that area will eventually be around
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcamp View Post
    HI ALL i just graduated last week from the harv program at a local comm collage in north central floridia. Now iam looking for a company in which to start my new carreer at. my questions is does anybody know of anyone hiring in the Gainesville area of floridia?At this point i am willing to take any posistion that i can get just to get my foot in the door. Any comments would be very helpfull and appreciated. thank you
    how long was the program? how extensive?

Post Likes
    The course was at Santa Fe collage and it was for 1 yr and folloewed the nccer hvac/r curriculum sponcered by the north central Fl builders assos.
    It is the same material that is learned in the 4 yr apprentice program,the diferance is that we had class for 6 hrs a day 2 days a weak and had to put in 12 hour of work online which gave us more time for hands on stuff were as the apprentice course is 3hrs a day 2 times a week.
    We got a good intro on the whole feild of hvac/rbut concentraded on troubleshooting,using a meter and reading schamatics

Post Likes
    Were you in the apprenticeship? If so, what happened with that (if you don't mind me asking)?

Also, here is a website I used to frequent quite a bit: www.employflorida.com

It is updated daily and I've seen quite a bit of HVAC stuff on there.

Post Likes
    The course was at Santa Fe collage and it was for 1 yr and folloewed the nccer hvac/r curriculum sponcered by the north central Fl builders assos.
    It is the same material that is learned in the 4 yr apprentice program,the diferance is that we had class for 6 hrs a day 2 days a weak and had to put in 12 hour of work online which gave us more time for hands on stuff were as the apprentice course is 3hrs a day 2 times a week.
    We got a good intro on the whole feild of hvac/rbut concentraded on troubleshooting,using a meter and reading schamatics
    Cool, 6 months into a program at my college/tech school that also follows the nccer hvac curriculum

Post Likes
    yea our course is 3 hours a night, 2 days a week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigjoe View Post
    Were you in the apprenticeship? If so, what happened with that (if you don't mind me asking)?

Also, here is a website I used to frequent quite a bit: www.employflorida.com

It is updated daily and I've seen quite a bit of HVAC stuff on there.
    I went 6 hrs a day 2 times a wk with 12 hrs of online work a wk and i just graduated Dec 14, 2012
    thank you for that link i have forgot that website

Post Likes
    you may want to brush up on your spelling or use spell check, that is hard on the eyes & brain.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in