From the site email

Regards,

Site Administrator

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello there. i understand the best way to get a healthy, low humidity crossbse area is to condition the air. So, I put one supply vent in ( by cutting an opening in the supply trunk) and I did the same by cutting a hole in the return trunk and installed a register plate. The return does not seem to be sucking up return air ( I held a thin sheet of toilet tissue up against it). Could it be because I cut the hole in the underside of the return trunk instead of the side? Or, I used a supply type faceplate which has wider fin openings--should I have used a return coverplate? How many supplys and returns should I need for this area, which is a crawlspace about 8 feet by 40 feet connected to a workshop area which is 10 x 10? Also, is there any way to tap in to supply lines that are cylinder shaped in the way of adapters or vents? Thanks, ED

Bad idea. You don't want to breath the air from your crawlspace. Do a google search on crawlspace encapsulation.
    Luke 6:31

Unless your crawl is sealed 100% I wouldnt consider having a supply open, and under no conditions would i have a return in the crawl.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by totaleclipse
    Unless your crawl is sealed 100% I wouldnt consider having a supply open, and under no conditions would i have a return in the crawl.

So,IF you installed a supply with no return,the crawl would be positive pressure ,and the rest of the home would be negative pulling in that missing air from somewhere.Not a good idea.

I'd be hesitant, to condition the crawl space with you homes system,at all.