My new manometer

I bought a dual port fieldpiece manometer and 2 probes to go with it. The guy I work with has never used one and hasn't a damn clue on how to use it. I think I have a pretty good idea but looking for whatever help
    I could get, tricks of the trade. Where to take my measurements...... Just whatever could help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im looking to get the testo 510 with about 10' of tubing and 2 of the 90 degree probes. my only issue is i dont have a full understanding of how to take the readings. i asked a few other techs and they are lost at the start once i say manometer. ive been looking online to learn can anyone give there input. i live in miami and we dont see gas furnaces maybe 1 in a year.

Go on youtube and look for trutech tools. Jim has very good demonstration on the tools. Also go to trutechtools.com and search for free info on the tools in action. Also check out Field Piece website for some info. Lots of free info out there you just have to find it. Hope this helps.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Ok...first question:

What are you planning on using it for? Gas pressure or Static pressure readings?

the dual port have ability to checkinput pressure and output pressure and can also display the differance. not sure if it will check negative pressure prolly depends on the model your buying. i do know if its the feildpeice head attachment it will read static pressure but isnot the most accurate on the market. Theres only a few buttons on it it shouldnt take you long to figure out how to use it

note:you can also take the metal fitting of the hose and check pressure to inducer fan pressure switches

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Ridley View Post
    Ok...first question:

What are you planning on using it for? Gas pressure or Static pressure readings?
    Planning To use it to read static pressure. I mentioned about furnaces because y'all who work on them frequently a manometer is a must have tool from my understanding. But mine won't be used for that mainly heckling static pressure pressure drop across evap coils, it seems like you can put it into the return duct and find out if it's restrictive/small maybe it will give you a low reading or almost negative reading. I may be way off but it seems to be logic thinking I know I have to do more reading up on it

Using mine for static pressure as well. I will go check out those videos. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk