I am posting here out of desperation. I am currently out of town and have a Trane model TUE100A948l3 that will not ignite the pilot. I cant get anyone to look at it locally due to the holiday and me being out of town. It happened the day I was leaving Thanksgiving day. I will be back in town on Sunday 26th but I still want have any heat and will not be able to get someone out until the next day. Is their any ideas that I may be able to perform or check. The manual shows 4 flashing lights as the " open temperature limit circuit" the filter is new. please help

Sounds like one of the limits either need to be replaced or reset.

Originally posted by aphd
    Is their any ideas that I may be able to perform or check. The manual shows 4 flashing lights as the " open temperature limit circuit" the filter is new. please help
    Is their any ideas? Yes call someone out on Monday would be my advise and probably the safest.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

thanks for the replies , as I stated I am in a desperate situation. I will call someone on Monday if I cannot get it working, but I have a wife and two small kids that will have to reside in the house once we arrive until it can be repaired. Is their anything I can reset, check , unplug , etc.. to try or attempt to get it working even if its for only one day until the service tech can arrive?

Limit circuit fault

There are a couple of different things this could be. The board doesn't always know what to think about this.
    Sometimes a limit has a darn good reason for opening. You seriously need to leave this furnace alone until a tech can evaluate the situation. It could be dangerous to run it.

Originally posted by aphd
    but I have a wife and two small kids that will have to reside in the house once we arrive until it can be repaired.
    Go buy you a couple space heaters.

Safety limits don't fail for no reason.

It needs to be checked, not just reset or replaced.

Since you have a wife and 2 small kids, you know you need to have a pro do this so their lives and health aren't needlessly put in danger.

When you get home, buy a space heater, and have a family sleep togther in your bedroom.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You need to think of your family first. Sounds like either you get someone there over the weekend, or spend the night at a hotel. The kids will love it anyway.

These are the kind of homeowner repair situations that result in headlines in the local newspaper about whole families either being found dead or pictures of them standing in their front yard while the fire department tries to save what's left of the home.
    Extend the vacation and take them to a nice motel with a pool and things for the kids to do...... you'll thank yourself forever.

i am sure you can get someone to come if you are willing to pay the OT rate. There is always a reason for a saftey to trip. Stay an extra night in a hotel for everyone sake

back in town, and luckily it was warm over th past few days at home.I willget someone out tommorrow . Thanks for the help and concerns.