Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Well Ny2G... there are lots of folks in the Metro Atlanta area who have the credentials, the hardware, and most important the training to carry and protect life. The streets are safer because of this small yet dedicated group.

We need to back off the Rambo stuff for a while... There are folks out there who have suffered their worst nightmare... If we are indeed the folks we think we are... we should feel a little sympathy for them... WITHOUT letting our guard down and letting the polecats get away with anything.

One can truly be empathetic with someone for their loss... without getting taken in a moment of weakness.

After folks have time to grieve... we can decide what to do about folks who do not respect others lives.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I totally agree with you time builder. The crazy people are what is doing the killing not the guns.

That murder in Canada where the guy cut the young mans head off on a greyhound bus because the voices told him. He killed a man and was found crazy. He now gets day passes to go outside the gates.

We are to Nancy willy nilly will the ofenders. You behead someone and you still have rights I think not.

Guns don't kill nut jobs kill with any means necary

Sorry for your loss TB... I am sure days like today have a special pain for you.

GA says after we allow folks to grieve for a short time... we need to encourage folks to take back America... legally.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Well Ny2G... there are lots of folks in the Metro Atlanta area who have the credentials, the hardware, and most important the training to carry and protect life. The streets are safer because of this small yet dedicated group.

We need to back off the Rambo stuff for a while... There are folks out there who have suffered their worst nightmare... If we are indeed the folks we think we are... we should feel a little sympathy for them... WITHOUT letting our guard down and letting the polecats get away with anything.

One can truly be empathetic with someone for their loss... without getting taken in a moment of weakness.

After folks have time to grieve... we can decide what to do about folks who do not respect others lives.
    I don't see the Rambo attitdue on my part.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

I don't see the need for semi automatic guns or automatic guns of any type being available
    to the general public at all.

therein lies the problem.

all this right to bear arms crap has gotten totally out of hand.
    open your eyes to what is the 30th attack on schoolchildren since columbine.

at some point some kind of gun law reform has to come about.

how many innocent childern & innocent people have to die for
    people to realize this?
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Quote Originally Posted by energy_rater_La View Post
    I don't see the need for semi automatic guns or automatic guns of any type being available

people to realize this?
    When's the last time you have heard of a crime committed with an automatic weapon? As for semi-auto, you're talking probably 75% of the guns in America, good luck with that. The places with the more restrictive bans such as you are talking about are decidedly less safe than areas with less restrictive gun laws, simply because the criminals are more likely to be outgunned, and less likely to carry out an attack. Besides, why shouldn't I have a semi-automatic weapon? If I'm in a situation, I don't really want to take the time to cycle the action, whether I'm shooting targets or something else. The 2nd amendment does not guarantee that we can have guns only for sporting use or defending our homes against an intruder, but that we have guns in order to be able to have a militia, and if that's outdated, then the constitution needs to be amended, not interpreted. Until the 2nd amendment is removed or changed, it has the force of law no matter how outdated or unnecessary any of us think it may be

people to realize this?

Because the war on drugs has done such a fantastic job of keeping illegal drugs off of our streets, right?

people to realize this?
    Yes they do need to be available to the general public. The purpose is to create a militia. If ever we actually needed to do this, who do you think we would be fighting against? A militia armed only with pistols has no chance against th US military.

Not only do we need auto assault rifles, but every type of weapon available to the military should be available to the public. Obviously that will never happen, but think about it.

I have an idea for you...instead of calling for more gun control, why not call for the enforcement of current gun laws.

How many innocent children and innocent people have to die before YOU realize making guns harder to carry for law abiding citizens is exactly why this happens. Open YOUR eyes.

Do you really believe these incidents would continue if the headline read, "Lone gunman shot to death by armed citizens, saving nearly 30 lives including children."

I carry. I have never had to be read my meranda rights. I'm not the one you need to be afraid of. In fact, it is me, or someone like me, that may save your sorry, feel good liberal ass one day. Then you'll be thanking God that we do carry.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    I don't see the Rambo attitdue on my part.
    YET...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

We can debate gun laws forever. But that is not the issue. Save that for another thread.
    School children all over the world have been attacked with guns, knives, needles, bombs, gasoline, etc.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...elated_attacks

I want to talk about what can be done to prevent future attacks at schools. Locked doors aren't enough.

I've given a couple of ideas. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by dsprice View Post
    Yes they do need to be available to the general public. The purpose is to create a militia. If ever we actually needed to do this, who do you think we would be fighting against? A militia armed only with pistols has no chance against th US military.

Not only do we need auto assault rifles, but every type of weapon available to the military should be available to the public. Obviously that will never happen, but think about it.

I have an idea for you...instead of calling for more gun control, why not call for the enforcement of current gun laws.

How many innocent children and innocent people have to die before YOU realize making guns harder to carry for law abiding citizens is exactly why this happens. Open YOUR eyes.

Do you really believe these incidents would continue if the headline read, "Lone gunman shot to death by armed citizens, saving nearly 30 lives including children."

I carry. I have never had to be read my meranda rights. I'm not the one you need to be afraid of. In fact, it is me, or someone like me, that may save your sorry, feel good liberal ass one day. Then you'll be thanking God that we do carry.
    Great post. I do not carry in the state of nj because I'm not permitted to. I work in a lot of schools. They included Camden schools. Also do work in Trenton. I'll be the first to say there is no worse feeling then being an American who never received so much as a traffic ticket not being allowed to carry a gun when I'm in an area where I know most of the criminals around me have guns.

We drive a round in a billboard for valuables and vans get broken into all the time. All I have is a big wrench for self defense. I wish all these companies would stand together and say we're not going to an area (housing authorities) etc where it is know people have guns and murders are committed if we can't protect ourselves. I feel it's my right to make it home at night.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Hmmm... lessee...

Back when the founding documents were written... automatic weapons were still yet to be invented. However:

One of the most lethal weapons available (to carry) was a musket. Yeah, it took something like a full minute for a trained and experienced person to reload... which was not very efficient... however most woodsmen could drop a target (usually food for their fmailies) at ranges as high as 200-300 yards... that is 2-3 football fields. At the time, that was the most lethal weapon available.

And that most lethal weapon was protected by the 2 amendment of our Constitution (I believe intentionally) for this purpose: To put a deterrent in front of crooked politicians who would turn a free country into a banana dictatorship.

Fear works both ways... Criminals try to instill fear in citizens, so do polecats (politicians)... yet citizens can instill fear in those two categories simply by owning firearms and knowing how to use them. Utopian 'live and let live' societies do not work... there will always be the criminally minded element (whether they are operating outside or inside the law).

Yes, I am licensed... more importantly yes, I train regularly... and yes I know and follow the laws associated with my choice and right to bear arms. I am not going to tell any stories here on the internet... however the use of deadly force is something one has to understand.

Others have posted a simple and non-deniable fact: Jurisdictions where guns and CCW permits are plentiful have low crime. Areas where guns and and CCW permits are restricted have high crime.
    If someone wants to live in a place with restricted guns and CCW permits... then move there. However PLEASE do not allow your fear to strip me of protecting myself in my state. THX.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    We can debate gun laws forever. But that is not the issue. Save that for another thread.
    School children all over the world have been attacked with guns, knives, needles, bombs, gasoline, etc.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...elated_attacks

I want to talk about what can be done to prevent future attacks at schools. Locked doors aren't enough.

I've given a couple of ideas. What say you?
    I hear you and I agree!

Would you expand TSA to lock-down schools? Sounds safe... yet what message does this send to kids? FEAR! Do we really want our kids to grow up fearing every dark corner?
    I fully understand the instinct to protect one's family, I have it also. However do we protect our families by disarming ourselves... or do we protect our families by defending ourselves? Remember: When you need a cop in seconds, they are minutes away. Just reality.

I would propose guns, gun safety training, and gun competitions becoming an accepted part of life... thus giving folks a sense of being able to protect themselves. Again; the fact areas with strict gun laws have more crime and areas with loose gun laws have less crime.

The other thing I would propose is making folks accountable for their actions. We need to do away with psychological BS in the courts. The crime is the issue; you do the crime, you do the time... NO exceptions. Note societies where crime is dealt with swiftly and effectively do not have as much crime as those that do not.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast