+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barber Coleman network 8000 Microzone2, Software.

Post Likes
    I really don't know why you would waste your time or anyone else's time to respond to a forum and not contribute anything of value. For your information I copied this right out of the user manual, but it really doesn't make any difference because it doesn't help anyone solve their problems that they are posting to get fixed.

Necessary equipment
    The TAC PSI software requires the use of an MS-DOS/PC-DOS based computer. We recommend using an Atari Portfolio hand held computer, or any 100% IBM compatible machine.
    Atari Portfolio
    On an Atari Portfolio the TAC PSI can be set up as a portable programmer's or operator's terminal to the TAC MICROFLO II, TAC MICROZONE II and other ASD controllers.
    The following picture shows the required hardware necessary to run the TAC PSI program on the Atari Portfolio. This configuration requires the hardware shown and the LAPT-80800-PSI TAC Personal System Interface (TAC PSI) software package loaded onto an Atari Memory Card.

2. Likes RickyT liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 3597
Size:  57.2 KB

Post Likes
    Does someone have the manual to show the hyperterminal settings to connect. Also maybe how to get the points list out of a Mircozone II with hyperterminal. Any help would be great.

Post Likes
    CONTROLTEC if your going to quote the history , do not get in a tither if someone corrects it.

The ATARI PORTFOLLIO was not used until the MICROZONE II was introduced ( replaced the GCS and MZI ) along with the new generation of sensors that allowed connection through them as well. Your manuals are the newer versions, which is very nice that you share with the members in need of them.

So the NETWORK 8000 was not ORIGINALLY programmed with it. The originally programming was done wirh the QNX partioned software HOST 8000 or LAPT80800 which was on 5 1/2 floppys, try feeding 1 into the ATARI.

And I have helped out PLENTY of members on the NETWORK 8000 over the years , not EVERYTHING gets posted on here.

Post Likes
    tsmsp99

If you email me from my email in my profile I will send you a link to download all the stuff that I have.

Post Likes
    Control Man

You have solidified my point. You have yet again wasted everyone's time including your own to post something that completely meaningless. I must have missed something big in the Network 8000 historian class that PSI and microzones weren't part of the Network 8000 system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    THe NETWORK 8000 was developed in 1985 / 86 to replace the NETWORK SUPERVISOR and was not originally programmed with an ATARI.
    Hell it wasn't. That old Atari was great little computer. It ran XPSI and hyperterm.

Post Likes
    Hi controltec,

Could you send me the link too. I'm looking for XPSI version 4.0. I've read that it works better with Windows XPSI.

I'm trying to use the B&B electronic converter USPTL4. Can't get it to work. I've tried the USOPTL4 and couldn't get it to work either. So now I'm thinking it's my version of XPSI. I have Version 2.13. OLD.

Post Likes
    PoleJunk

send an email to my email address listed in my profile and I will send you what I have. We use those B&B connectors all the time so it should work just fine. I would bet it is the version of PSI that you are using.

Post Likes
    I'm a new user. I heard it take like 7 posts before I can see your profile. So I'll get on with it.

Post Likes
    I've also had to program a GCM and us termial mode.

Post Likes
    These controlers are located at the South Pole of all places.

Post Likes
    We use a tridium graphics package and data Base. It work pretty well all things considered.

Post Likes
    Are you all having success moving over to the MNL800?

Post Likes
    Is LON going to take over the market or Bacnet

Post Likes
    Now that Honeywell owns a big chunk of Tridium, and Honeywell owns Alerton, and Alerton is using Tridium - Niagara framework in their offering. Would be be better to just go straight to the Alerton bacnet platform?

Post Likes
    OK. Controltec,

I've got 8 Posts and I still can't see your profile email address. Any other ideas?

Post Likes
    try this jay.stark at sign bssi.bz

Post Likes
    hi controltec.
    me gustaria tener una copia de el xpsi. Tenemos una instalacion de Panamá de 1999 pero extraviaron la Computadora y el software. Yo se programar GCM pero no tengo la aplicacion. Te agradecere me la hagas llegar si te es posible.
    Gracias

Post Likes
    me too please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in