Post Likes

modbus slinc gateway

I work on alot of these troublesome package units and one of them is being more of a pain in the #$× than the others.

Johnson Controls 20ton rtu with simplicity board, modbus to bacnet gateway.

The points do not update to ems on the bacnet side. Rooftop units internal address (simplicity board) is set to 1.

All leds on the bacnet side of the slinc are normal with the rx and tx lights flashing.

The modbus side will flash tx about every 15 secs and the rx stays blank. Polarity and wiring is correct. If I change the internal address of the unit's simplicity board I will get a single rx blip on the slinc gateway. Nothing after that. And yes I changed it back to 1.

Here's the kicker.

With an rs232 and rs485 converter hooked to the unit and using simplicty pc software. Ems can read and right points, everything works fine. The slinc Modbus Tx led and Rx led will rapid blink together about ever 15 secs. As soon as I disconnect my laptop the points go stale and nothing is writable. The rx led will never light up again.

So, wtf?

But, seriously. I'll be ordering a new slinc gateway. Any input would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Its just a the rebadged fieldserver gateway correct?

That thing is a royal piece of crap.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1436494615599.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  83.7 KB

Post Likes
    Yep, that's it. Fieldserver makes that little gem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Its just a the rebadged fieldserver gateway correct?

That thing is a royal piece of crap.
    That thing is a royal piece of crap. - for someone that does not know how to use it.

Post Likes
    Well you will have to show me where the “POS Mode” BV I can disabled to keep it updating rather than dozing off and spitting out values that are hours, days, etc old until it at random decides to wake from its nap and start working again.

I have another Fieldserver on some Modbus energy meters that does the exact same thing. So this must be the default mode they come in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicofthis View Post
    I work on alot of these troublesome package units and one of them is being more of a pain in the #$× than the others.

Johnson Controls 20ton rtu with simplicity board, modbus to bacnet gateway.

The points do not update to ems on the bacnet side. Rooftop units internal address (simplicity board) is set to 1.

All leds on the bacnet side of the slinc are normal with the rx and tx lights flashing.

The modbus side will flash tx about every 15 secs and the rx stays blank. Polarity and wiring is correct. If I change the internal address of the unit's simplicity board I will get a single rx blip on the slinc gateway. Nothing after that. And yes I changed it back to 1.

Here's the kicker.

With an rs232 and rs485 converter hooked to the unit and using simplicty pc software. Ems can read and right points, everything works fine. The slinc Modbus Tx led and Rx led will rapid blink together about ever 15 secs. As soon as I disconnect my laptop the points go stale and nothing is writable. The rx led will never light up again.

So, wtf?

But, seriously. I'll be ordering a new slinc gateway. Any input would be appreciated.
    Rip that piece of crap out and just bring the stuff in via modbus. You wont have anymore problems.
    Go Rangers!