Post Likes

Niagra AX Pre-requisite

Good day, I'm going to be scheduled for the AX certification later this year. I was looking on the site and it talks about a ten hour pre-requisite course before attending. My background is hardware, field, service work with Schneider-JCI at a large university. Some configuring, copy & pasting of some programs etc. Is this pre-requisite available online, or is it proprietary stuff? I would like to do it and have it taken care of. Thanks in advance, great site!

Post Likes
    Pre-requisite:
    There are pre-course study materials in the form of Computer-Based Training modules that enrolled students will need to complete before they come to class. These materials will take about 10 or more hours to complete. Once a student has been approved for enrollment, we will be able to mail this material out to the student. Every effort must be taken to complete these study modules before the student comes to the class.

This is through Tridium direct training.

Post Likes
    The pre work isn't fully appriciated until you get into the actual class.
    I attended the AX class earlier this year. I passed the class but found it very difficult. I had no prior formal training in automation.
    If I had to go back, I'd have spent twice as long really going through the prework and absorbing as much as possible.

Post Likes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    The pre work isn't fully appriciated until you get into the actual class.
    I attended the AX class earlier this year. I passed the class but found it very difficult. I had no prior formal training in automation.
    If I had to go back, I'd have spent twice as long really going through the prework and absorbing as much as possible.
    That's why I wated the Pre requisite so I can go over it multiple times.

Post Likes
    Is Vern doing your class?

Post Likes
    Is Vern doing your class?
    I am starting one today with Vern.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by #1servicetech View Post
    I am starting one today with Vern.
    The class is good. Anyone with experience should find it pretty simple.
    After class tell me about the Corvettes. If your class was like mine you'll understand what this means shortly lol
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    His classes are like a vacation compared to the AX courses in Richmond. The 4 days in class in Richmond were the craziest I have ever spent.

Post Likes
    The class is good. Anyone with experience should find it pretty simple.
    After class tell me about the Corvettes. If your class was like mine you'll understand what this means shortly lol
    Yes, he showed them first thing. nice job on both of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    His classes are like a vacation compared to the AX courses in Richmond. The 4 days in class in Richmond were the craziest I have ever spent.
    They should be about the same since they all have to follow the same testing rules.

Post Likes
    Yes, he showed them first thing. nice job on both of them.
    Indeed he did.
    Best of luck on the class. Pay attention and you'll do fine.

Post Likes
    They should be about the same since they all have to follow the same testing rules.
    I had my cert in Richmond 8 years ago and have seen the training material and tests of MOV and there us huge difference. Vern has an easy going personality and Richmond was like boot camp. I have been to a class of Verns and have talked to guys who went to MOV cert class. I also hear that things have changed in Richmond so they be the same now. All I remember hearing the first day. We are going to pack 2 weeks worth of stuff into four days and on the fifth you have a test. You have eight hours to complete if you dont pass you you can come back for retesting. If you cant keep up or miss anything we will not have time to go back over it. I suggest you get friendly with the guy next to you and maybe during your lunch break he will help you.